Photographer

Elegant Photographic

Warwick, Rhode Island, US

I constantly get requests from retouchers I'm sick of it. Nobody reads my site. There should be a way to block all retouchers from spamming me. I may leave the site due to this.

Oct 03 16 11:57 am Link

Photographer

Looknsee Photography

Portland, Oregon, US

With all due respect, this is supposed to be a networking site.  If you don't want to network, perhaps you don't want to be here.  I think calling it "spam" is a tad harsh -- I'm guessing that you wouldn't like it if people rejected your attempts to find work or collaborate with others.

Good luck.

Oct 03 16 12:22 pm Link

Photographer

nwprophoto

Tonasket, Washington, US

Just ignore them, its easy....

Oct 03 16 01:32 pm Link

Retoucher

Sofia, Sofija grad, Bulgaria

Elegant Photographic wrote:
I constantly get requests from retouchers I'm sick of it. Nobody reads my site. There should be a way to block all retouchers from spamming me. I may leave the site due to this.

1. *not all* retouchers are spamming you. I have never been in touch with you (luckily), so these generalizations are somewhat disrespectful. And although it is unlikely that you ever hear from me: To save you any potential trouble I have blocked you.

2. As Looknsee Photography correctly pointed out this is a networking website with multiple members. If you object to that, you really have only one option and you correctly guessed it.

3. I agree the majority of retouchers are a pleague. But believe it or not - photographers who never read my profile info and request silly things are quite common too. I also get requests from retouchers who want to work for/with me. Still I don't hate them and don't open threads against them as it would be a form of spam itself.

4. The fact that the majority of retouchers have a spammy behavior is due to the photographers who created the market for them. Obviously people who demand $5 per image editing and all the rest of it can only create a supply from people who have no idea what real quality is and how much it costs. However it is already a fact and you can't change it by hating it. What you can do is use the block and report functions of the site which will be more useful to filter unwanted contacts and people who really spam you.

Oct 03 16 02:32 pm Link

Photographer

fsp

New York, New York, US

robots!  buy one here.....

https://www.freelancer.com/job-search/m … ent-bot/1/

if you dont like m leave them in your request list without approval.... erase their tags.

but heck, they are advertising for work n thats what mm is about.

Oct 03 16 03:04 pm Link

Photographer

SAND DIAL

Santa Monica, California, US

I constantly get requests from retouchers.--------- Okay

I'm sick of it. ----Yes. We understand. I dont like telemarketers calling me [fake micro soft call today. I claimed to be law enforcement but that didnt phase the Indian sounding guy who claimed to be in Washington]. Emails here that I get are usually nice.

Nobody reads my site. -----Why would spammers read your page?

Oct 04 16 12:25 pm Link

Photographer

Mark Salo

Olney, Maryland, US

Elegant Photographic wrote:
... Nobody reads my site...

I read your site and left a tag!

Oct 04 16 01:04 pm Link

Photographer

kickfight

Portland, Oregon, US

Consider yourself lucky. If occasional spam from retouchers is what sickens you, that's a pretty cushy life.

Oct 04 16 01:14 pm Link

Photographer

Risen Phoenix Photo

Minneapolis, Minnesota, US

Looknsee Photography wrote:
With all due respect, this is supposed to be a networking site.  If you don't want to network, perhaps you don't want to be here.  I think calling it "spam" is a tad harsh -- I'm guessing that you wouldn't like it if people rejected your attempts to find work or collaborate with others.

Good luck.

There is nothing " networking" about it. It is soliciting . And collaborating is not one way communication.

Oct 05 16 03:31 am Link

Photographer

Risen Phoenix Photo

nwprophoto wrote:
Just ignore them, its easy....

I block them with some regularity. I hate their insincere bullshit they right when they contact you.

Oct 05 16 03:33 am Link

Photographer

Risen Phoenix Photo

The F-Stop wrote:
robots!  buy one here.....

https://www.freelancer.com/job-search/m … ent-bot/1/

if you dont like m leave them in your request list without approval.... erase their tags.

but heck, they are advertising for work n thats what mm is about.

No the site it not just about advertising for my money.

Oct 05 16 03:34 am Link

Photographer

fsp

New York, New York, US

Risen Phoenix Photo wrote:
No the site it not just about advertising for my money.

perhaps you aren't using mm for clients but there are many who do.

i dont mind the solicitaions, they are just trying to canvas for business.

yeah i dont like smoke up my ass either, but just dont let it ruin your day. we have much more important things to bother with.

Oct 06 16 06:49 am Link