Forums > Newbie Forum > Newbie here, your thought please :)

Photographer

Iwantitup

Montreal, Quebec, Canada

hello,

just started, only 2 model so far.
can you give your opinion/comment on my portfolio,

thanks!

Simon,
montreal, canada

Oct 08 16 11:07 pm Link

Photographer

Orca Bay Images

Arcata, California, US

You need to take your request to the Critique section.

Oct 09 16 12:20 am Link

Artist/Painter

Hunter GWPB

King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, US

Welcome to MM.

Orca Bay is correct.  We are not allowed to do critiques anywhere but the critique section.  You should familiarize yourself with the rules of the forum before you post in them.  There are some specific things you will need to know.  I suggest that you read the forums a bunch prior to posting so you get an idea of how people handle things and what you can expect.  If you do post in critique, don't argue with people who make a comment and be prepared to have a thick skin.

Reading the forums will help you to identify the areas that many, many photographers and models have issues and the forums can give you the insights to avoid the problems.  Good luck!

Oct 09 16 04:55 am Link

Photographer

Todd Meredith

Fayetteville, North Carolina, US

HI Simon,

Unlike others, I'll welcome you to the site and urge you to keep doing what you enjoy.  Shoot as much as you can with as many people as you can.  When there's no models available, shoot whatever catches your eye.  The hardest part for any photographer is learning how light reacts and how it be used to creat great images.  Shoot shadows and low light as much as possible as well as strive to always close an image well and so that it draws to viewer in.  Step out of your comfort zone as much as possible.  It will help your skills improve simply by pushing your limits. 

Best of luck on the site and in everything you do.  Message me if there's anything I can do to assist you.

Oct 09 16 05:14 am Link

Photographer

Mark Salo

Olney, Maryland, US

Along with many other members, I welcome you to MM.

Oct 09 16 08:36 am Link

Photographer

First Life Photography

Plymouth, England, United Kingdom

Hello and Welcome to MM. Forums. smile

Oct 09 16 09:37 pm Link