Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Nice "Tour" Web Page Technology

Photographer

Looknsee Photography

Portland, Oregon, US

You know those web images that offer a 360° view as you drag your mouse cursor around the image?  Well, this page has an image that does that & more -- there are little arrows in the image, and when you click on the arrows, your perspective moves several "feet" in the arrow's direction, and from there you can pan around & look around.  There are more arrows there, so you can practically walk around the whole floor plan.

Warning:  This is a site for a strip club, but the images are devoid of people.  There's nothing 18+ here.

Go see at http://spyceclub.com/ -- I've never seen this functionality before.

(I got intrigued by a local article about this club's "7 rooms of Halloween".  I haven't been to a strip club in decades; I much prefer photographing nude models).

Oct 25 16 04:42 pm Link

Photographer

Motordrive Photography

Lodi, California, US

that looks pretty good, I don't know how it's done, could definitely be used to
advantage for realtors.

Oct 25 16 06:17 pm Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

I am shooting also high end real estate for a R/E marketing firm (their clients are major real estate agencies)... one of the products they are offering are exactly this kind of 360' spherical views in high end apartments.

It's done with the GigaPan system... I personally use the GigaPan Epic Pro for that.

You mount it in the middle of the room, arrange the furniture, etc. you set up the robot, mount your camera, balance, set everything for bracketing and then get out of the way.

Oct 26 16 04:06 am Link

Photographer

Looknsee Photography

Portland, Oregon, US

udor wrote:
I am shooting also high end real estate for a R/E marketing firm (their clients are major real estate agencies)... one of the products they are offering are exactly this kind of 360' spherical views in high end apartments.

It's done with the GigaPan system... I personally use the GigaPan Epic Pro for that.

No, not quite.  What you describe is a full spherical perspective from a single viewpoint.  The technology I'm describing creates full spherical perspectives from multiple linked viewpoints.  With yours, you can look around.  With this one, you can wander around from viewpoint to viewpoint.

Oct 26 16 07:37 am Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

Looknsee Photography wrote:

No, not quite.  What you describe is a full spherical perspective from a single viewpoint.  The technology I'm describing creates full spherical perspectives from multiple linked viewpoints.  With yours, you can look around.  With this one, you can wander around from viewpoint to viewpoint.

Hmmmm... I looked at the room of the club... and I also went all the way down, where they edited the base out.

I didn't see a difference... maybe I should see if there is a different design behind it...

Oct 26 16 08:41 am Link

Photographer

Peter Claver

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

It's the same thing.  They just take a series of spherical images in a variety of locations and allow you to move from one to the next.

Oct 26 16 09:24 am Link

Photographer

Motordrive Photography

Lodi, California, US

udor wrote:

You mount it in the middle of the room, arrange the furniture, etc. you set up the robot, mount your camera, balance, set everything for bracketing and then get out of the way.

yeah, I was thinking it was shot like that, definitely a stitch, I don't know how they put those in the website of make it interactive.

What lens do you normally use?

Oct 26 16 09:37 am Link

Photographer

Looknsee Photography

Portland, Oregon, US

udor wrote:
Hmmmm... I looked at the room of the club... and I also went all the way down, where they edited the base out.

I didn't see a difference... maybe I should see if there is a different design behind it...

Did you see the white right angles in the area of the floor?  Click on one of them, and you'll be moved to a new perspective in the direction of the point.

Oct 26 16 10:57 am Link