Forums > Photography Talk > bad experience with graphistudio

Photographer

RfxPhoto

San Diego, California, US

I just wanted to inform other photographers of my recent experience with graphistudio and an album that i ordered. i feel reputation is very important in our industry and this recent experience could have had a significant impact on my reputation within my local area.

I have ordered other albums in the past the most recent before this was last christmas and i have never had problems with them. the person i had ordered the album for had purchased three other albums and wanted them to all look similar. i called my rep from there as it was the first week of november to ensure it would still be able to be done by xmas as this was a gift. i was told that if i get it in by the date given that they could get it done. i let me client know and i was able to submit all the photos and other info by the required date. during the next couple weeks i receeived notes from the factory with questions which i promptly returned. two weeks before xmas i called my rep asking her what the status was, she assured me they were doing everything possible to get it done on time and she would follow up. two days before xmas she called me stating they would not be done on time and it would not be shipped until the beginning of january. i explained to her as in the past that this was a gift and this was not acceptable, i also asked her if they cannot meet their commitments to adjust the price to make it up to my client. they refused to change the price even though they constantly offer sales of 30 and 50% off. i called the owner of the company who spent the entire conversation reading me the small print on why they couldn't meet the deadline. i asked her as well to reduce the price and she responded she runs an ethical business and therefore would not change the price. I am not sure what ethics has to do with taking care of the customer. I personally am giving my customer the discount and paying for it out of my own pocket. it is now Jan 10 and they are just now shipping the album today. i will be looking for another album company for future business..

Jan 09 17 02:37 pm Link

Photographer

Toto Photo

Belmont, California, US

Sounds like a nightmare. I don't blame you for looking for a new vendor.

Jan 09 17 02:42 pm Link

Photographer

Guss W

Clearwater, Florida, US

I haven't looked at them in years.  I heard of too many problems.  Are they still making them abroad or did they build a U.S. facility?

Back when I looked at them, it took a long time for delivery.  There were rumors they were made in India, then shipped via Italy.  When they were good, they were good.  When they were bad, they were very bad.  For instance, if after a long wait for initial delivery, you find flaws, they do not bump you to the head of the line for a remake, but put you back in the same slow line.  My local pro lab doesn't have the fancy covers, but at least I can count on an album being ready in a week.

Jan 09 17 04:06 pm Link