Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > MUA Advice - Graftobian Foundation Palettes?

Hair Stylist

Bianca Mebane

Charlotte, North Carolina, US

Hi board! I'm primarily a hairstylist who has began to foray some into light makeup. I've been super interested in investing in a couple foundation palettes to serve as a base for the small kit that I'm building and the Graftobian HD Glamour Creme Super Palettes (along with the RCMA foundation palettes) seem to come up a lot on pro forums. I understand that these are creams but would love to know from any pro's who've worked with these just how versatile they are. I tend to prefer a very natural, satin (Think NARS All Day Luminous) if not dewy finish and was wondering if these can be worked with to achieve that sort of texture on the skin? I know of course that it will depend on the method of application and skin prep but I have known some cream foundations to actually separate on the skin when they're thinned out with a mixing medium of some kind. If I could use these palettes as concealers AND have my dreamy satin skin finish, that would be awesome but I'm sure that's a ton to ask for. Any and all advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Jan 31 17 04:27 pm Link

Makeup Artist

SamooreSmooch

Hillside, New Jersey, US

Hi, I use the Graftobian neural palette and I love it!!! I had a bridal party of 9, all different shades, and that palette really came in handy. The finishing look is FLAWLESS! I use it for foundation, concealer and to contour! In my opinion it is a must to get especially if you're working on a wide range of skin tones.

Feb 03 17 08:54 am Link

Hair Stylist

Bianca Mebane

Charlotte, North Carolina, US

SamooreSmooch wrote:
Hi, I use the Graftobian neural palette and I love it!!! I had a bridal party of 9, all different shades, and that palette really came in handy. The finishing look is FLAWLESS! I use it for foundation, concealer and to contour! In my opinion it is a must to get especially if you're working on a wide range of skin tones.

Thanks! Would you say that the Neutral palette is pretty universal? I was considering purchasing all three (Warm, Neutral, and Cool), however I have heard others say that the Neutral and Warm version are the only ones you need. Can the finish be easily customized as well?

Feb 05 17 09:56 am Link