Forums > General Industry > Commercial/editorial model agency recommendations

Model

marissanovak

Los Angeles, California, US

I'm trying to get in to find an agency for commercial and editorial modeling. Can anyone recommend a few good agencies for this? I don't know where to start.

Also do I stand a chance? I'm 5'5" and I don't know how tall you need to be for commercial modeling.

Feb 09 17 02:06 pm Link

Photographer

Eagle Rock Photographer

marissanovak wrote:
I'm trying to get in to find an agency for commercial and editorial modeling. Can anyone recommend a few good agencies for this? I don't know where to start.

Also do I stand a chance? I'm 5'5" and I don't know how tall you need to be for commercial modeling.

Might want to ask this in the Model forum.

Feb 10 17 11:33 am Link

Model

marissanovak

Thanks, will re-post there.

Feb 10 17 02:10 pm Link

Photographer

Thomas Van Dyke

Washington, District of Columbia, US

marissanovak wrote:
...I don't know how tall you need to be for commercial modeling.

Every market is different as are agency requirements... the industry standard typically starts at 5'8" for fashion/runway...

That said in my market the top agency is T.H.E. Artist Agency and T•H•E represents models for runway, commercial print, and fashion print.  For commercial print they are currently seeking female talent of 5'4" - 5'11"

Here are their Requirements Page

Once again, this is entirely driven by market dynamics... Only agency bookers can provide authoritative answers here...
btw, having a dance or gymnastics background is a plus... and being able to do a "cold read" at a casting is also becoming ubiquitous as the industry moves away from stills as it migrates to video... 

Self Representation is another route more commonly traveled now...   

Above all, Mayhem is unlikely a viable or reliable source of information on your query...
You need to speak directly with agency reps in your market and realize that they are keenly knowledgeable on their clients needs...

I wish you well on your journey...

Feb 11 17 01:55 pm Link