Forums > Critique > Making it Sexy; Keeping it Classy

Photographer

A. K. Southard

Detroit, Michigan, US

It's a fine line I walk...What do you think?  I had to pull my kid's car seats out for this series with two models.

https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/170212/16/58a100e6836a5.jpg

Feb 12 17 04:48 pm Link

Photographer

DiegoSolari

Milan, Lombardy, Italy

I am not sure what I am looking at on my screen, but I see artifacts on her hair, like if she was wearing a net.

Classy, duno, but definitely sexy, though I am not too fond of this particular color grading. Just my personal opinion.

Love your IG feed A.K. wink

Ciao

Feb 12 17 05:19 pm Link

Photographer

A. K. Southard

Detroit, Michigan, US

I don't see artifacts myself, but it wouldn't surprise me.  I lost the full sized image, and this is a low-res meant for Instagram.  Then, I used a web editor to warm it up a bit--the original had a greenish cast.

Feb 12 17 05:32 pm Link

Photographer

DiegoSolari

Milan, Lombardy, Italy

Could also be my unreliably uncalibrated monitor... but not sure at this point.

Since I m picky like that, I checked on my phone and there s no trace of artifacts there., so you should be in the clear big_smile

Feb 12 17 05:37 pm Link

Photographer

Kris Krieg

Missoula, Montana, US

I didn't see it at first, but after reviewing the photo more closely, there is some color banding at the top of her hair. If a monitor has the brightness cranked up, it will be more apparent. It is an odd pattern. Because there isn't much detail, you could probably paint over the hair color. Overall, there is a lot of color degradation, it can be seen in the arm and hip area. Nice bum though! :-)

Feb 12 17 08:52 pm Link

Photographer

Eros Fine Art Photo

Torrance, California, US

I think the crop is too tight and the pose isn't that great.  I would've also preferred to see at least part of her face.  Without it, and with the cropped bottom, there's really nothing to keep my attention. 

You have some really nice work in your portfolio.  This doesn't really fit in.

Feb 14 17 12:16 am Link

Photographer

Manouska

Stockholm, Stockholm, Sweden

I like the dreamy quality of the capture. I think with a better pose there could have been an air of mystery and it would really draw the viewer in to the moment.

Feb 15 17 09:14 am Link

Photographer

A. K. Southard

Detroit, Michigan, US

Thank you everyone!

Feb 17 17 09:22 am Link