Forums > General Industry > Would you post a notice of MMer who flakes on you?

Artist/Painter

Hunter GWPB

King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, US

PHP-Photography wrote:
You mean the locked thread ?

Yup.  It wasn't locked when I linked it.  They haven't locked this thread yet or hidden the posts that mention other sites.   You could back up your comment within the rules.  You could attempt to make logical arguments as to why I am wrong, but you limit yourself to one line snark replies.  No facts.  No logic.  No references. 

The reality of the situation is that there is no better site for what MM does.  Instagram and Facebook might work better for some people, but they have there limits and there is no referencing system on them either.

Jul 15 19 08:52 am Link

Photographer

PHP-Photography

Vaasa, Ostrobothnia, Finland

Hunter  GWPB wrote:
You could back up your comment within the rules.

Advertising Competing Services

We know and understand that there are other modeling, portfolio, and networking sites out there, but Model Mayhem is not the venue to promote, advertise, or recruit for those sites or other kinds of competing services. This behavior is prohibited anywhere on Model Mayhem, such as through PMs, casting calls, forum posts, Tags, picture comments, text on a profile, etc

This rule excludes the usage of links to profiles on other modeling, portfolio, or networking sites.

Examples:

Prohibited behavior: A private message to someone that says, “Sign up for this new modeling/portfolio site, it’s great!”
Permitted behavior: A blurb in an About Me on a profile, “Here is a link to my PurplePort and OMP profiles.”

Jul 15 19 09:37 am Link

Artist/Painter

Hunter GWPB

Very good!  You can copy and paste the rules!  Now read them.  Your interpretation indicates you have not read them.

Discussing the advantages or pitfalls is not advertising, especially on a narrow topic.  Telling me one site that has met the absurd criteria in the other post, is not telling someone to sign up.   This isn't even about making a statement that site "Q" is better than MM.  It is about your claim: "Yet it works very well on other sites."  Plural.  You can't name one that has a review system that works very well because there isn't one. I have no doubt that if there was even a modicum of you being right, you would do anything you could to shut me up.  Even if we leave out the jurisdiction issues, even if we leave out the parts about the site being the de-facto broker for the shoots, list one that has a review system that will work well.  They will never work well because they will all depend on he said, she said.  Some facts might be verifiable like those written in an email.  (MM can and does act on such things.)  Otherwise, many claims will be either perspective or bogus. And someone that wasn't there is going to have to make a decision about credibility and people will be unjustly screwed.  Is that what you define as working very well?

Read the rules rules again.  Note that there is an exclusion listed.  Then note that there is an example of permitted behavior.  Your claim that it is against the rules to back up your previous falsehood is erroneous and concocted.   

Please note, the thread I linked was locked.  It was not hidden.  The information in that post is still there.  It is a thread that started in 2010.  Still there.  They lock 'em because they get old, too.  The posters are probably gone.  The data may no longer be valid.  Maybe, because I mentioned it, they will hide the thread.  And then you can give me more snark and tell me they hid it.  Oh well.  You will still be wrong that "it works very well on other sites."

Jul 15 19 10:13 am Link

Photographer

PHP-Photography

Hunter  GWPB wrote:
It is about your claim: "Yet it works very well on other sites."  Plural.  You can't name one that has a review system that works very well because there isn't one. You will still be wrong that "it works very well on other sites."

Just bc you are not aware of other sites outside US does not mean they don't exist.
There are sites in UK, Germany and Poland that have reference systems and they work well.

Jul 16 19 12:25 am Link

Artist/Painter

Hunter GWPB

PHP-Photography wrote:
Just bc you are not aware of other sites outside US does not mean they don't exist.
There are sites in UK, Germany and Poland that have reference systems and they work well.

Name them.  Damn man.  Such a simple thing to do and you just won't back yourself up.

But, for sure, we have now established, because you admitted it in the last post, that the criteria laid out in the post we are discussing, that there is NO SITE in the US, that you know of, that has a review system which involves the site being involved in every shoot, and where as said site has a review system based on the tattle tale system, and where as said review system works "very well."  Therefore, your claim is now proven to be bogus.   Let's see if we can find one anywhere in the world that has a tattle tale review system that works very well, from the list you are about to provide, so you can save face a little bit.

Jul 16 19 03:34 am Link

Photographer

PHP-Photography

Hunter  GWPB wrote:

Name them.  Damn man.  Such a simple thing to do and you just won't back yourself up.

www.google.com

Jul 16 19 03:49 am Link

Artist/Painter

Hunter GWPB

PHP-Photography wrote:

www.google.com

Your credibility is shot.

Jul 16 19 04:43 am Link

Photographer

PHP-Photography

Hunter  GWPB wrote:

Your credibility is shot.

I'm not going to risk a ban just bc you can't search.

Jul 16 19 05:00 am Link