Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Another wrongful termination?

Photographer

FFantastique

Orlando, Florida, US

https://www.modelmayhem.com/forums/post/449723

Rather than incite a riot with resurrecting that old thread, I'm starting another since no one complains about thread proliferation but they do about referring to history.

That case isn't similar to the current situation a friend of mine is facing in Georgia.

So long story short, do you know any good employment attorneys in that state willing to have a pro bono conversation about potential wrongful termination because of discretionary behavior later today (Sunday) because the meeting my friend has with boss is Monday AM?

[I'm not authorized to release details.]

May 20 17 11:32 pm Link

Photographer

FIFTYONE PHOTOGRAPHY

Uniontown, Pennsylvania, US

I believe an initial consultation with an Attorney is always 'pro bono'

May 21 17 04:19 am Link

Photographer

PhillipM

Nashville, Tennessee, US

FIFTYONE PHOTOGRAPHY wrote:

Yeah, I ran some stuff by an attorney with regard to possibly a legal suit against my municipality.  The phone call was like 10 minutes, and he didn't charge me.  I just ran details by him, and he responded with some thoughts on it.

But on a Sunday?  Might be tough.

May 21 17 05:09 am Link

Photographer

WisconsinArt

Nashotah, Wisconsin, US

If you were groped and have witnesses, you're golden. Otherwise, no matter how much in the right you are, you're probably going to lose the legal battle.

Get over the bitterness and get back on the horse. The only winners in things like this are the lawyers.

May 21 17 06:01 am Link

Photographer

FFantastique

Orlando, Florida, US

Not always.

Jun 20 17 08:58 am Link

Photographer

FFantastique

Orlando, Florida, US

New scenario.
Flight attendant wants to model but doesn't to get terminated.
How does she avoid problems while doing both?
Or is there no safe way?

Jun 20 17 09:07 am Link

Photographer

Risen Phoenix Photo

Minneapolis, Minnesota, US

FFantastique wrote:
New scenario.
Flight attendant wants to model but doesn't to get terminated.
How does she avoid problems while doing both?
Or is there no safe way?

Is there a clause in her employeement contract forbidding it?  Like school teachers, people in the news business there may be a morality clause that would preclude her from modeling.

Jun 20 17 05:54 pm Link

Photographer

FlirtynFun Photography

Houston, Texas, US

Georgia is a right to work state...you can leave without notice or they can terminate your position without notice as long as the cause is not discriminatory.

Jun 21 17 05:17 am Link

Photographer

FFantastique

Orlando, Florida, US

Risen Phoenix Photo wrote:

Is there a clause in her employment contract forbidding it?  Like school teachers, people in the news business there may be a morality clause that would preclude her from modeling.

Is there even a contract?
Let me inquire,..

Jun 21 17 05:23 am Link

Photographer

FFantastique

Orlando, Florida, US

FlirtynFun Photography wrote:
Georgia is a right to work state...you can leave without notice or they can terminate your position without notice as long as the cause is not discriminatory.

The reality of the matter is that often the undesired behavior may not be identified but another reason might be provided, or none at all with the end result still being legal termination and undesired unemployment. I'm seeking the best practices to address the concerns of all parties so that we get optimal results!

Company is based in Illinois.

Jun 21 17 05:26 am Link

Photographer

Eagle Rock Photographer

Los Angeles, California, US

wrong

Jun 21 17 03:52 pm Link

Photographer

FlirtynFun Photography

Houston, Texas, US

FFantastique wrote:

The reality of the matter is that often the undesired behavior may not be identified but another reason might be provided, or none at all with the end result still being legal termination and undesired unemployment. I'm seeking the best practices to address the concerns of all parties so that we get optimal results!

Company is based in Illinois.

it's great that the company is based in Illinois...but where does the employee you're talking about work? If it's GA, then said company has to follow Georgia's laws and right to work would apply.

Jun 21 17 07:48 pm Link