Forums > Critique > Serious Critique > Looking for constructive criticism.

Model

KatKay

Riverview, Florida, US

I have been slowly working my way into modeling more and more and am hoping to learn how to better convey my body and expressions when in front of the camera. Any constructive criticism or advice would be greatly appreciated.

May 24 17 09:30 pm Link

Photographer

Kris Krieg

Missoula, Montana, US

Consider removing a few photos from your current portfolio. I would remove the photo of you sitting in the chair. The lighting is very poor in that image. Also remove the photo of you laying on the bed. The image quality is very poor and the viewer can't see any of your features.

Remove these two photos also. Your head is turned too far from the camera. You're squinting in the first photo, which isn't attractive. In the second photo, you don't want your eyes turned to the extreme where you see the whites of your eyes.
https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/170121/08/58838e3e2ff1f_m.jpghttps://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/161215/17/5853457a666ce_m.jpg

The photos from Darin Crofton are your strongest shots. Keep them in your portfolio.

Watch Mary Duprie's videos for posing. Do posing research on your own. Don't wait for a photographer to teach you about posing. You'll want to expand the variety of your expressions also.

Try to find better photographers. Most of your current photos are weak. Keep working at it and good luck.

May 25 17 11:45 pm Link

Photographer

roger alan

Anderson, Indiana, US

Good advice above.

The pic of you in the chair appears to have had some type of liquify or other body altering post work. In that shot your left forearm and hand look deformed. Drop that one asap.

I will disagree on one point with what was said in the post above. That is, for now, I would leave the one of you on the bed in your port. At least until you are able to replace it with something similar. Yes, the image quality is less than great on that pic, but at least it does hint at the erotic/fetish/sexy side of you, whereas your other current pics do not. If you are wanting to do that type of imagery I think it is good to at least have some type of sample in your port for potential collaborators to see.

May 28 17 07:46 pm Link

Model

Jordansabinsky

Wantagh, New York, US

I agree with what was said, and that the 2 pictures should be removed because of the reasons she had stated. Would also like some criticism on my portfolio that I just started

Jul 09 17 01:51 pm Link