Forums > Newbie Forum > creating friends&any tips?

Photographer

PhotosbyAlyssaNichole

Portland, Oregon, US

HI. I am new to model mayhem. I am a digital photographer in OR, and do most types of digital photography except nudes, boudoir, lingerie or swimwear. I am currently trying to build up my portfolio a bit with some more creative types of shoots or shoots in different locations, so let me know if you are interested in a TFP.
I know that I can post casting calls but how do you add friends to your list? I am just a bit confused on how you would get friends if you haven't worked with them. Is that possible? Also, any tips on how to get the most out of model mayhem in general?

May 25 17 04:24 pm Link

Photographer

j francis photography

Los Angeles, California, US

1. Figure out how to designate one of your portfolio photos as your avatar. It looks better.

2. Contact people. Talk about what you want to do and see if their is a fit with what they might need. Comment on their photos. Tag them. "Fly-by" friend requests don't have a lot of value. And the significance of a Model Mayhem friendship varies from person to person. Some people think it's a flattering endorsement of their work to be friend-requested, while other people use FR's mainly as a way to attract attention back to themselves.

3. Get to know people in the forums.

4. Learn how to use the casting call / availability notices and the browse function to find people in your area. They can be a little confusing to use at first, but they can also be valuable.

May 25 17 04:48 pm Link

Artist/Painter

Hunter GWPB

King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, US

Until recently you could send a message to anyone on the site.  That has changed.  Basic members can no longer do that unless they are friends.  You have a VIP membership now.  I don't know if you signed up for a month or a year.  While you have a VIP, it might be best to send a message along with a friend request.  There are many interpretations as to what a friend request means.  And if friends are useful.

I see you are planning on working TF.  You may want to read some forum threads on the subject.  Make sure you know what you are getting into and see the perspective of some of the models.

Good luck.

May 25 17 07:44 pm Link

Photographer

First Life Photography

Plymouth, England, United Kingdom

Hello & Welcome to MM. smile

May 25 17 10:02 pm Link