Forums > Photography Talk > Photographers ask to retouch your old photos???

Photographer

JoesAlterrnative

Tampa, Florida, US

I get this, A LOT. Some random photographer or retoucher (but almost always a photographer) on MM will ask to edit my old files and than ask me to critique it. They say "I wont use the photos anywhere" but im thinking why even bother asking? You're a photographer, retouch your own work. Don't like your files? Get better. Or download the examples from numerous sites on the internet. Go to Fstoppers if you want to bandwagon a photo retouching step by step exercise.

Most of the time I think its just weirdos trying to see full res nudes. Because they always ask for those. If you can't retouch your current low detailed images now, you are not ready to handle an even more detailed raw from someone else. You retouch at the level you shoot at. Its a directly correlated process.

Unprofessional, and annoying. Just stop. Its called youtube.

Jun 21 17 04:48 pm Link

Photographer

Znude!

Baton Rouge, Louisiana, US

I got one of those. I was wondering the same thing. Why not use their own? It costs a lot in time, money, and effort to create original images. I someone is too lazy to do the work to create them they shouldn't be in photography.

Jun 24 17 09:08 am Link