Forums > General Industry > Gotta love Craigslist

Photographer

SayCheeZ!

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Cheap-ass photographer from Craigslist wrote:
Wedding Assistant Videographer/Photographer needed for TOMOROW. (Las Vegas) 

no pay
I am shooting a wedding and my associate Videographer canceled last minute due to an emergency. I specifically need a film/Videography/Photography student or recent graduate, or perhaps someone who wants to go in that venue. I cannot compensate you at this time and that is why I require someone who wants to do it for the experience. We will have to drive to 3 different locations to shoot the bridal prep, ceremony and reception. You will need to be there at 11:30 am and be available all day. Basically I just need you to assist me, that's all and take over it I need a break.
Please send contact info, and if you have a camera that is a plus.
Thank you

The idiot wants someone to drop everything at the last minute to assist, and even take over the wedding shoot.
Mind you, it'll be 115 degrees out and he aint paying a dime.
I see a photographer being sued to oblivion by a bridezilla in the near future (unless he finds some sucker to do it).

Jun 30 17 06:51 pm Link

Photographer

Abbitt Photography

Washington, Utah, US

SayCheeZ!  wrote:

The idiot wants someone to drop everything at the last minute to assist, and even take over the wedding shoot.
I see a photographer being sued to oblivion in the near future (unless he finds some sucker to do it).

I've seen ads here (aka availability notices) where someone wants a photographer to do a job for them (take their photos for them) and have the photographer not just do it for free, but actually have the photographer pay that person for providing them that service.   

People will ask other people to do all sorts of things and often they get someone to take them up on it.   It's not just Craigslist.

Jun 30 17 07:11 pm Link

Photographer

Brooklyn Bridge Images

Brooklyn, New York, US

I have seen ads like this where the unpaid servant also had to have top notch gear
L glass or other brand pro 2.8F zooms and semi pro or better level body

Jun 30 17 07:20 pm Link

Photographer

Zack Zoll

Glens Falls, New York, US

There are a lot of jobs that I would pay to do.

None of them are advertising on Craigslist. Or at all, for that matter.

Jun 30 17 07:27 pm Link

Photographer

Chuckarelei

Seattle, Washington, US

That's noting new, craigslist is not alone. As you see them here all the time. No experience, no pictures in their portfolio but yet want you to pay them to shoot their portfolios.

Jun 30 17 09:19 pm Link

Photographer

Shadow Dancer

Bellingham, Washington, US

SayCheeZ!  wrote:

I see a photographer being sued to oblivion by a bridezilla in the near future (unless he finds some sucker to do it).

So did you take the gig? lol

Jul 01 17 09:53 am Link

Photographer

LightDreams

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

I'm sure that many of you have seen the articles on the wedding couple that's advertising on Craigslist for a photographer to capture them consummating their marriage after the ceremony.

I couldn't help wondering just how many times this particular couple has used the same routine and claimed to have just been "married" over the last couple of years...?!!

Ah, Craigslist    wink

[EDIT]  Now I'm wondering.  At what point DO you become a "consummate professional"???  [/EDIT]

Jul 01 17 12:56 pm Link

Photographer

Shadow Dancer

Bellingham, Washington, US

LightDreams wrote:
I'm sure that many of you have seen the articles on the wedding couple that's advertising on Craigslist for a photographer to capture them consummating their marriage after the ceremony.

I couldn't help wondering just how many times this particular couple has used the same routine and claimed to have just been "married" over the last couple of years...?!!

Ah, Craigslist    wink

[EDIT]  Now I'm wondering.  At what point DO you become a "consummate professional"???  [/EDIT]

You need at least a pretty OK cell phone with a camera. If you answer the ad and show up, you are consummate.

It is craigslist, where everything is magnificent.

Jul 01 17 01:35 pm Link