Forums > Model Colloquy > webcam stuff? your opinion

Photographer

Rays Fine Art

New York, New York, US

briterin wrote:
funny thing is that - the discussion on taxes scared me out of doing it- thanks

Yup!  I've had a acouple of businesses over the years and still have an income producing house, but the hoops I'd have to jump through for tax purposes is one of the reasons why I've  never considered taking photography to a professional level.  It would take all the fun out of it!

May 20 18 08:36 pm Link

Model

Model MoRina

MacMurdo - permanent station of the US, Sector claimed by New Zealand, Antarctica

briterin wrote:
funny thing is that - the discussion on taxes scared me out of doing it- thanks

It shouldn't scare you away from doing whatever you want to do... it is just useful to have the information going in so you realize that you are going to need to put away some of your earnings to pay taxes.

If you are earning money from modeling, it has the exact same tax implications as web camming or any other self-employed activity.  If you earn more than 600 from any source you will receive a 1099 for it and owe taxes.  You're obviously supposed to report all your income though, not just what is reported on a 1099.

May 21 18 05:51 am Link

Model

Jen B

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Shades Of Brown wrote:
There are newer sites that have a new way of doing things than MFC. You get 80% payout for a subscriber to your room for the membership price of the site. And for any other talent you get to sign up you get a % of there payouts also.Forever! These newer "cam" like sites are becoming the new rage.

The Amway of webcamming!

May 21 18 06:27 am Link