Forums > Model Colloquy > is 'Collab' the new 'TFP'?

Photographer

goofus

Santa Barbara, California, US

both basically mean: no dough

but does the former have more..'cache'?

are you more liable to agree to a 'collab' than a 'tfp' shoot

does it make a difference?

May 14 18 10:11 am Link

Photographer

ChristopherRoss

Eškašem, Badakhshan, Afghanistan

I prefer the term collaborate, personally but yeah .. it pretty much means the same smile

As a funny note, I did a shoot with a young woman last year who didn't know what TFP meant and when I explained the term as Time for Prints, she didn't know what Prints meant so I explained what a print was and she was confused why anybody would want a printout ... oh those wacky young'ins.

May 14 18 10:22 am Link

Model

Victoria Morrisa

New York, New York, US

Yes, I think people use that word as a euphemism.

May 14 18 11:07 am Link

Photographer

G Reese

Marion, Indiana, US

I'm very old school. Collaboration to me means the model provides something to the finished product beyond just posing that may or may not for a client. It may or may not be TFP.
IMHO of course.

May 14 18 11:32 am Link

Model

Dekilah

Dearborn, Michigan, US

My take is that for SOME of us, the terms mean basically the same thing. I'm used to developing a concept with a photographer, providing most/all of the wardrobe, doing my own makeup, etc in addition to "just posing". I also think it's a term that makes more sense to those who might be newer and not familiar be familiar with TF/trade.

As always, I think the important thing is to discuss expectations before the shoot no matter what term is used.

May 14 18 02:31 pm Link

Photographer

goofus

Santa Barbara, California, US

Dekilah wrote:
My take is that for SOME of us, the terms mean basically the same thing. I'm used to developing a concept with a photographer, providing most/all of the wardrobe, doing my own makeup, etc in addition to "just posing". I also think it's a term that makes more sense to those who might be newer and not familiar be familiar with TF/trade.

As always, I think the important thing is to discuss expectations before the shoot no matter what term is used.

one question

why aren't you close by???

May 14 18 03:17 pm Link

Photographer

Bob Helm Photography

Cherry Hill, New Jersey, US

Sounds better than working for free, which of course TFP is not and usually involves collaboration . especially with better, more experienced people.

May 14 18 04:54 pm Link

Model

Miss 5 11

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

If something has value then it has a price

May 14 18 06:03 pm Link

Photographer

Sliver-Sliver

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

Dekilah wrote:

In my limited opinion, this is always the answer. Always.
Terms can be and often are misinterpreted. Details & discussion help clarify misunderstandings.

May 14 18 07:48 pm Link

Photographer

Rays Fine Art

New York, New York, US

Miss 5 11 wrote:
If something has value then it has a price

Ah, but there are many things that have a price but have no value.

May 14 18 07:58 pm Link

Model

Lisa Everhart

Sebring, Florida, US

Rays Fine Art wrote:

Ah, but there are many things that have a price but have no value.

Definitely, and outside of government in the free market, if we find no value in what is priced, no one is forcing us to purchase it.

Her point is spot on. I very rarely advise a model to model without an exchange of real property (money or commercial usage license and right to alter for the entirety of the product). Those who do are usually selling themselves short, or have no value to offer.

As to the OP's question about collaboration, yes, in this context the term is now used primarily in lieu of trade, which indicates to me that it is an intentional marketing ploy to get models to work for free.

May 15 18 02:07 am Link

Photographer

FIFTYONE PHOTOGRAPHY

Uniontown, Pennsylvania, US

Lisa Everhart wrote:
Definitely, and outside of government in the free market, if we find no value in what is priced, no one is forcing us to purchase it.

Her point is spot on. I very rarely advise a model to model without an exchange of real property (money or commercial usage license and right to alter for the entirety of the product). Those who do are usually selling themselves short, or have no value to offer.

As to the OP's question about collaboration, yes, in this context the term is now used primarily in lieu of trade, which indicates to me that it is an intentional marketing ploy to get models to work for free.

The inexperienced Model needs to start somewhere, they need images and what better way to attain those images than collaborating with an experienced Photographer, TFP

May 15 18 03:53 am Link

Model

Lisa Everhart

Sebring, Florida, US

FIFTYONE PHOTOGRAPHY wrote:
The inexperienced Model needs to start somewhere, they need images.  What better way to attain those images than collaborating with an experienced Photographer, TFP ?

The best way for a new model to have a starting port is to pay the best two photographers she can find to produce images that will help get her the type of work she wants to do. New freelance models are never more in demand in their region on this site as when they are new.

And I didn't say I never advise trade but I generally do so only when there is a real exchange of property.

May 15 18 03:58 am Link

Photographer

Bob Helm Photography

Cherry Hill, New Jersey, US

Lisa Everhart wrote:

The best way for a new model to have a starting port is to pay the best two photographers she can find to produce images that will help get her the type of work she wants to do. New freelance models are never more in demand in their region on this site as when they are new.

And I didn't say I never advise trade but I generally do so only when there is a real exchange of property.

And the same is true for photographers.

May 15 18 06:16 am Link

Model

Laura UnBound

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

TFP was originally Time For Prints, but we don't really make a whole lot of prints anymore. Then there was TFCD but who wants a CD of images now either? Then TF where what you're delivering and what format it's in is up to you, but to new people who didnt get their start on OMP or MM, just the abbreviated Trade For probably doesnt even enter their vocab. Some people just say they want to shoot "trade", I've seen a lot of "collaborate", I've seen some people who will never step foot within the same hemisphere of a fashion or commercial set ask for "tests" because they saw the word on instagram or fstoppers or something.

trade has always been sneered at by some as being "free" (which, it's not if you're doing it right) so people always try to find some other word that doesnt carry an automatic offputting reputation with it to get the same end result

May 15 18 09:29 am Link

Photographer

BrianYarvin

Lancaster, Pennsylvania, US

Wasn't it once called "testing?" And then about ten or fifteen years ago, testing was replaced by "tfp." If that's now becoming "collab," well, that's the natural evolution of language.

May 15 18 02:44 pm Link

Retoucher

Sofia, Sofija grad, Bulgaria

Usually when certain words receive a popular negative connotation people try to escape from that by replacing the word with another one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuEQixrBKCc

May 16 18 07:22 am Link

Admin

Model Mayhem Edu

Los Angeles, California, US

BrianYarvin wrote:
Wasn't it once called "testing?" And then about ten or fifteen years ago, testing was replaced by "tfp." If that's now becoming "collab," well, that's the natural evolution of language.

It's still called "test" or "testing" in the agency world. If you contact an agency and ask for a TF or trade shoot it will show you're not used to shooting for agencies or with agency talent.

May 16 18 10:39 am Link

Photographer

BrianYarvin

Lancaster, Pennsylvania, US

Model Mayhem Edu wrote:
It's still called "test" or "testing" in the agency world. If you contact an agency and ask for a TF or trade shoot it will show you're not used to shooting for agencies or with agency talent.

Interesting! Thank you.

Couldn't that mean that this usage exists to distinguish the internet modeling crowd from the agency world? If you use the wrong word here, you'd be outed right away. Could collab be used to identify a group?

May 16 18 03:42 pm Link

Photographer

Carle Photo

New Orleans, Louisiana, US

Collab is old, the new phrase is "passion project"

Non of it matters, $$ has nothing to do with passion, or art, or collaborative process.
I collaborate with all my clients, I have passion for all my jobs, all paying does is ensure I create more art.

May 16 18 04:49 pm Link

Model

Laura UnBound

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

BrianYarvin wrote:

Interesting! Thank you.

Couldn't that mean that this usage exists to distinguish the internet modeling crowd from the agency world? If you use the wrong word here, you'd be outed right away. Could collab be used to identify a group?

I've seen people who claim to be knowledgable of the agency world post here that in "tests" the models get nothing. No payment, no images, it's literally a test of their skill and that's it, they're just being sent out for practice. (which sounds fucking absurd to me, unless I know for a fact that my "practice" will pay off when my agency sends me to some great high-paying gig, but hey what do I know)

And of course the lingo isnt just "test", theres paid tests and unpaid tests. Like TF/trade, it seems to mean whatever you want it to mean unless you're *actually* working with agencies.

May 18 18 05:13 pm Link

Photographer

Isaiah Brink

Charlotte, North Carolina, US

Well, doing a shoot for what was once tfp (trade for prints) then was tfcd (trade for cd) and now is changing to just trade.  A collaboration can mean the same thing as a trade shoot, but in either one, do yourself a favor and make sure that things like how many images they will get in the end.

May 18 18 11:41 pm Link

Model

Alexandra Vincent

Asheville, North Carolina, US

Models also used to offer time traded for lodging, travel expenses, and other valuable things when one is traveling. Even up through 2015, I traded time with photographers for a spare room or couch to sleep on, and was able to minimize cost of travel for years by doing this. For whatever reason, it seems less acceptable today - or perhaps people don't advertise it as much - but it's still trade. I will be re-entering the whole business of touring at the end of this year, after I have moved to the West Coast, and will still be trading modeling time for lodging. For me, it always made financial sense and some of the photographers whose homes I stayed in remain very good friends to me, even though it's been over ten years since I stayed and worked with some of them. I've also traded modeling time for dental work.

"Trade" can, does and SHOULD include exchange of time for various things/goods/resources - not just photos.

May 19 18 07:28 am Link

Photographer

Mike Vas

Torrance, California, US

I'm thinking that nothing should ever be assumed.  I've had several models approach me to "Collaborate" and when I expressed an interest they presented me with their rates to "Collaborate".  smile

I would always clarify!

May 22 18 12:11 pm Link

Photographer

epsilon images

Bellevue, Washington, US

This is what I understand (I am not a lawyer)

Test Shoots:

1.    Photographer test: a (well-known) photographer gets a team together to try out a new concept or technique.  Participants may or may not get paid, but usually participate for the chance to work with the photographer and their team.  Models have no expectation of pictures but often get them as courtesy.  Their usage of such images is usually very restricted. There is a written contract and release involved and all participants are expected to sign it before the shoot.
2.    Agency test: Photographer gets paid to shoot a model either by the agency or a model (at the established-by-agency rates).  Agency expects and gets images from the shoot.  Model (if they pay) also expects and gets images for their portfolio.  There is a written contract involved as above which may restrict the usage of images.
[[Think of agency tests as really a test or a continuation of an interview.  The agency is checking if a model looks good in pictures, shows up on time, has good work ethic, etc.  They are not testing the photographer since their work is known – they are checking if the model will represent the agency well and not tarnish its reputation]]

TFP (Time for Pictures Shoots)

This is a private contract between a photographer, their team and the model(s).  The photographer and their team provide their time, equipment, supplies and expertise.  Model(s) provide their time and expertise.  Both parties have expectations of usable images.  The contract specifies a timeframe and a minimum number and usage of images that the model gets as compensation.  Typically, models are allowed to use unaltered images in their print and on-line portfolios.  Models are expected to sign a release before the shoot.

Paid shoots

1.    Paid by photographer: a photographer hires a model (possibly through an agency) and pays agreed-to rates.  Model has no expectation of pictures but may get some as a courtesy.  The usage of such images by the model is usually VERY restricted.
2.    Paid by client:  A client hires a photographer and model (either one can be hired directly or through an agency).  Client has expectations of usable images. Photographer and model have no expectations what-so-ever – this is work for hire.  As a courtesy, or (rarely) contractually, the client may acknowledge photographer and/or model when images are published.

Collaboration

This is a new term that seems to be supplanting TFP.  In my opinion, it is a bad idea to use it anywhere as it is a legal term which implies shared copyright – unless such shared copyright is intentional.

In all cases:

1.    Unless specified otherwise, in the US, the photographer generally retains the copyright.  (work-for-hire often explicitly transfers the copyright).  The last time I checked, the duration of copyright in the USA was 50 years since publication.
2.    Speaking very generally, images can only be altered by the copyright holders.  Such modifications are known as “derivative works”.  There are exceptions to this rule, but they are typically very specific.
3.    Much of the above can be altered contractually. It is a VERY good idea to have contracts/releases ready before the shoot to allow all parties reasonable time to review them.

May 26 18 10:54 am Link

Photographer

Eric212Grapher

Saint Louis, Missouri, US

Collaboration is different from TFP. 
Test Shoots are different from TFP.

Words mean things, and when someone uses incorrectly, we ought to call them out for clarification.

May 27 18 12:31 pm Link

Photographer

Paul Xanadu Photography

Manchester, England, United Kingdom

Collaboration usually mean offer a free service from both parties, in terms of prints or CD.

Testing can be pay or non paid. We here in UK, photographers who works for model agencies ... namely Test Photographer who charge a fee to take photos for your portfolio with agency style. Each model agencies got different styles & market for their models.
Sometime you do get the occasional free test from photographers who  bought some new equipment to test out or new technique.

May 28 18 06:15 am Link

Model

Lisa Everhart

Sebring, Florida, US

Bob Helm Photography wrote:

And the same is true for photographers.

Bob, With all due respect, I do not think that a photographer is in demand on this site when they are new to photography. It is also true that when a photographer "collaborates" with a model that they (the photographer) automatically have received a real property value from the model because they have the copyright to the images. A model has to try and negotiate for a signed, unlimited commercial license for all original work product to have the same rights and it is my experience that this truly equal exchange rarely happens.

I do agree that the best way for a new photographer to begin a model port is to hire professional models who can pose the type of work they aspire to.

Jun 17 18 03:16 am Link

Retoucher

Lisa Everhart wrote:
Bob, With all due respect, I do not think that a photographer is in demand on this site when they are new to photography. It is also true that when a photographer "collaborates" with a model that they (the photographer) automatically have received a real property value from the model because they have the copyright to the images. A model has to try and negotiate for a signed, unlimited commercial license for all original work product to have the same rights and it is my experience that this truly equal exchange rarely happens.

Truly equal would mean that we invest in the same amount of education/training, we do the same amount of work, split 50/50 all the costs for the business we do together, then we split 50/50 the profit (if anyone of us makes any money from the result). Does that ever happen in your experience? In mine: the models who come to my studio surely haven't invested a cent in it, yet they receive images (which need many hours of retouching after the shoot) for free (and/or get paid, if we agreed to that) and those images work for them afterwards.

I do agree that the best way for a new photographer to begin a model port is to hire professional models who can pose the type of work they aspire to.

Not necessarily.

Jun 17 18 05:41 am Link

Model

Lisa Everhart

Sebring, Florida, US

anchev wrote:

Truly equal would mean that we split 50/50 all the costs for the business we do together, then we split 50/50 the profit (if anyone of us makes any money from the result). Does that ever happen in your experience? In mine: the models who come to my studio surely haven't invested a cent in it, yet they receive images for free (and/or get paid, if we agreed to that) and those images work for them afterwards.

Not necessarily.

A model is not a necessary element of a picture, so no. There are lots of trees and lakes and cats out there.

If you can get girls to pose for free, then more power to you.

Jun 17 18 06:18 am Link

Retoucher

Lisa Everhart wrote:
A model is not a necessary element of a picture, so no. There are lots of trees and lakes and cats out there.

I don't know what you want to say with this "so no". I am just pointing out facts. If we talk like this: there are photo booths and mobile phones with which you can take pictures of yourself and own the full copyright of that.

If you can get girls to pose for free, then more power to you.

I don't get anyone to pose for free. I always pay - in images or in cash. With my previous reply I was explaining what a "truly equal" setup would mean and why it is not possible. Not sure why you switch from "truly equal" to "more power".

Jun 17 18 06:33 am Link

Model

Lisa Everhart

Sebring, Florida, US

anchev wrote:

I don't know what you want to say with this "so no". I am just pointing out facts. If we talk like this: there are photo booths and mobile phones with which you can take pictures of yourself and own the full copyright of that.

I don't get anyone to pose for free. I always pay - in images or in cash. With my previous reply I was explaining what a "truly equal" setup would mean and why it is not possible. Not sure why you switch from "truly equal" to "more power".

My point is simply that you do not need to have a model to make a picture that is marketable. An equal trade, as far as i am concerned, would produce an equal right to do whatever one wants with the images produced. Models have outlets to market images that photographers do not and vice versa so why should one or the other tie themselves to the other one's marketing efforts? So yes, unless a model receives the same rights to the images that the photographer has simply by taking the shot, I do not believe it is an equal trade. You are certainly entitled to your own opinions regarding this, and a model may certainly agree to whatever she believes is an equal trade, however, I do not agree with your comment.

Jun 17 18 06:40 am Link

Photographer

FIFTYONE PHOTOGRAPHY

Uniontown, Pennsylvania, US

A collaboration in My eyes is the bringing to fruition an idea conceived by 2 or more.

TFP is a method of compensation.

I collaborate regularly and compensate My co-collaborators with images. 

smile

Jun 17 18 07:04 am Link

Retoucher

Lisa Everhart wrote:
My point is simply that you do not need to have a model to make a picture that is marketable. An equal trade, as far as i am concerned, would produce an equal right to do whatever one wants with the images produced. Models have outlets to market images that photographers do not and vice versa so why should one or the other tie themselves to the other one's marketing efforts? So yes, unless a model receives the same rights to the images that the photographer has simply by taking the shot, I do not believe it is an equal trade. You are certainly entitled to your own opinions regarding this, and a model may certainly agree to whatever she believes is an equal trade, however, I do not agree with your comment.

From the way you discuss it feels like you are rather looking to create a conflict through disagreement (or merely an enumeration) of opinions rather than to understand why it is not possible to have what you consider appropriate. It is not my opinion but a fact: this is how copyright law has been made, I did not invent it. Also it is a fact that expenses are not equal, so "equal right" would be an unfair deal, mathematically and resource wise. Personally I would be OK to work on an equal rights basis with models if the expenses and work were equal too. But they are not and saying "I do not agree" won't change that.

Outside of all that: The whole idea of ownership is non-factual but an invented one. "I own this piece of land" is really nonsense: this land has existed millions of years before me and will exist long after me. Owning anything is really a psychological illusion, yet man has created a whole society and complex economical structure centered around the idea of ownership. I do not agree with it either but what can one do? Live in cave? Will it be "my cave" or an "equal rights cave"? You see - it's far more complicated than disagreeing about a limited concept.

Jun 17 18 07:04 am Link

Model

Lisa Everhart

Sebring, Florida, US

anchev wrote:
From the way you discuss it feels like you are rather looking to create a conflict through disagreement (or merely an enumeration) of opinions rather than to understand why it is not possible to have what you consider appropriate. It is not my opinion but a fact: this is how copyright law has been made, I did not invent it. Also it is a fact that expenses are not equal, so "equal right" would be an unfair deal, mathematically and resource wise. Personally I would be OK to work on an equal rights basis with models if the expenses and work were equal too. But they are not and saying "I do not agree" won't change that.

Outside of all that: The whole idea of ownership is non-factual but an invented one. "I own this piece of land" is really nonsense: this land has existed millions of years before me and will exist long after me. Owning anything is really a psychological illusion, yet man has created a whole society and complex economical structure centered around the idea of ownership. I do not agree with it either but what can one do? Live in cave? Will it be "my cave" or an "equal rights cave"? You see - it's far more complicated than disagreeing about a limited concept.

It is a fact that a model who has a signed, unlimited, commercial usage license in perpetuity from a photographer, has the same basic rights that copyright grants them. Based on your argument that property rights are a psychological illusion, all the expenses that you incur should not matter and I can see no reason for you not to agree to give your models this in the future if the work is based on trade so that you are both on equal footing legally.

As I am sure you are aware, the law and courts in almost all of the world today recognize individual property rights.

Jun 17 18 07:37 am Link

Retoucher

Lisa Everhart wrote:
It is a fact that a model who has a signed, unlimited, commercial usage license in perpetuity from a photographer, has the same basic rights that copyright grants them.

This is not a fact. It is your desire.

Based on your argument that property rights are a psychological illusion, all the expenses that you incur should not matter and I can see no reason for you not to agree to give your models this in the future if the work is based on trade so that you are both on equal footing legally.

As I am sure you are aware, the law and courts in almost all of the world today recognize individual property rights.

You are missing the point. Of course expenses matter - the whole economy is based on the concept of owning property and trade. But it is still a concept, not a physical fact. There is no such thing as "my group of atoms" because if you go to the depth of it you will have to question who is the entity that says "my" and it itself is the atoms. So it becomes totally meaningless. That's just another example to illustrate that it is just a game of thought, not something actual.

So based on conceptualization: I have accepted in my mind "this is your piece of land, I should not enter" but that doesn't mean it really is your land. It is just an agreement. To make an agreement fair you have to consider facts: and the fact is that the photographer needs much more resources (factually) than the model. Therefore getting an equal piece of the pie at the end is not going to be agreeable. Just like you don't buy a car, fill the tank with fuel and leave it open to let everyone drive around.

Otherwise if we follow your logic: every movie actor (even should have the full right to sell copies of the movie. Maybe even every MUA and every truck driver who delivered stuff to the set).

Jun 17 18 08:39 am Link

Model

Lisa Everhart

Sebring, Florida, US

anchev wrote:
This is not a fact. It is your desire.

You are missing the point. Of course expenses matter - the whole economy is based on the concept of owning property and trade. But it is still a concept, not a physical fact. There is no such thing as "my group of atoms" because if you go to the depth of it you will have to question who is the entity that says "my" and it itself is the atoms. So it becomes totally meaningless. That's just another example to illustrate that it is just a game of thought, not something actual.

So based on conceptualization: I have accepted in my mind "this is your piece of land, I should not enter" but that doesn't mean it really is your land. It is just an agreement. To make an agreement fair you have to consider facts: and the fact is that the photographer needs much more resources (factually) than the model. Therefore getting an equal piece of the pie at the end is not going to be agreeable. Just like you don't buy a car, fill the tank with fuel and leave it open to let everyone drive around.

Otherwise if we follow your logic: every movie actor (even should have the full right to sell copies of the movie. Maybe even every MUA and every truck driver who delivered stuff to the set.

No this is not my logic. My logic states that if a model or actor or truck driver is paid according to their own individual sense of fairness, in whatever "currency" they deem fit, then a trade has occurred. Maybe not equal in your eyes or mine, or the eyes of the law, but voluntary and satisfactory nonetheless.

Once again, a model is not necessary to make a picture. It matters not to me as a model what resources a photographer has had to accumulate in order to ply their trade, nor what they expended in order to acquire them. A model, should a photographer need one to create whatever image it is they want to create and for whatever reason they want to create it, is an expense just as is any other expense they incur.

As to your argument that "property" is not a naturally occurring factual state of nature, you might enjoy reading this. I don't think I am missing the point at all. We just disagree on the fundamental rights of individual human beings.

https://www.libertarianism.org/publicat … rpretation

Regarding the atom and universal collectivism, I think I'll go with Popper.

"“Since we can never know anything for sure, it is simply not worth searching for certainty; but it is well worth searching for truth; and we do this chiefly by searching for mistakes, so that we have to correct them.” - In Search of a Better World (1984)

Jun 17 18 10:01 am Link

Photographer

Motordrive Photography

Lodi, California, US

When I read or hear TF(print, CD or whatever) one has most things in place, just needs
another to complete the modelling, hmu, taking photos, retouching or painting.

for collaboration, I think of two or more people having a say in the creative process.
themes etc, have not been decided, just people that want to work together.

Jun 17 18 11:11 am Link

Retoucher

Lisa Everhart wrote:
No this is not my logic. My logic states that if a model or actor or truck driver is paid according to their own individual sense of fairness, in whatever "currency" they deem fit, then a trade has occurred. Maybe not equal in your eyes or mine, or the eyes of the law, but voluntary and satisfactory nonetheless.

Your logic is that "truly equal" means one party to spend unproportionate amount of money, then let the other party have the full unlimited rights to the final result. And all that - just because a model may be needed for an image to occur. I don't think you will find (m)any photographers who would consider that sane (what's left for satisfactory).

Models are paid according to budget and quality of work not according to "their own individual sense of fairness". When the payment is in images: the model doesn't really need any other rights except to use images for her portfolio.

Once again, a model is not necessary to make a picture. It matters not to me as a model what resources a photographer has had to accumulate in order to ply their trade, nor what they expended in order to acquire them. A model, should a photographer need one to create whatever image it is they want to create and for whatever reason they want to create it, is an expense just as is any other expense they incur.

Well, that may be how you look at it but just because you neglect certain things doesn't make those things futile. Less "I have an opinion" and "I want unlimited rights" results in better collaborations.

Jun 17 18 12:28 pm Link

Model

Lisa Everhart

Sebring, Florida, US

anchev wrote:

Your logic is that "truly equal" means one party to spend unproportionate amount of money, then let the other party have the full unlimited rights to the final result. And all that - just because a model may be needed for an image to occur. I don't think you will find (m)any photographers who would consider that sane (what's left for satisfactory).

Models are paid according to budget and quality of work not according to "their own individual sense of fairness". When the payment is in images: the model doesn't really need any other rights except to use images for her portfolio.

Well, that may be how you look at it but just because you neglect certain things doesn't make those things futile. Less "I have an opinion" and "I want unlimited rights" results in better collaborations.

Wrong again. A model is paid what she thinks is fair, otherwise she wouldn't be posing. Value is determined by the market for a good or service, not by the cost of it.

Jun 17 18 02:27 pm Link