Forums > Model Colloquy > The 25th year....Metamorphosis

Model

CRIMSON REIGN

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Greetings fellow creatives.

Most of you know, especially after looking at my profile, that I'm far from being 25 years old...lol! This marks the 25th anniversary of me being a Lupus survivor... and boy has this last year been a tough one. 2 ER visits, a hospital stay, high BP, mini strokes which lead to me losing some use of my left hand and some numbness in my left arm, frequent, debilitating  headaches, etc. And as if that, along with other developing conditions prior to all of this, wasn't enough, I'm now suffering from gradual hair loss. Sure I've done the almost bald ting in the past when I decided to cut my locs, but there's a difference from doing it by choice, and it just falling out unexpectedly.  Needless to say , the idea of modeling had to take a back seat. Not only because of my condition, but because of what those conditions did to my confidence and desire to create.

This week, while looking in the mirror, I decided to confront everything head on ( no pun intended..lol). Instead of hiding in the dirt and away from the cameras, I told my brother to cut my hair super short, dye it blonde.and to.take my numb arm, partially functioning hand, slightly bruised skinny legs,47 year old self and get back in the modeling game. What the hell, right? Let's see how things go. Blessings and continued creativity to you all!
https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/31999684

Jun 24 18 10:10 am Link

Photographer

Garry k

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Very Inspiring !

Thanks for Sharing

Jun 24 18 11:55 am Link

Model

CRIMSON REIGN

Baltimore, Maryland, US

And thank you  Mr K!

Jun 24 18 04:55 pm Link

Photographer

svenler

San Diego, California, US

I fondly remember working with you and Carlous in Baltimore a few years back. I never knew what you have gone through till reading this.

Stay strong and all my best.

Sven

Jun 24 18 09:28 pm Link

Model

CRIMSON REIGN

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Thanks Sven. I loved working with you. Maybe we'll work together again , God willing. Stay blessed and keep creating.

Jun 25 18 03:55 am Link

Model

Model MoRina

MacMurdo - permanent station of the US, Sector claimed by New Zealand, Antarctica

I always enjoyed your past work and I look forward to seeing more!

Jun 25 18 03:50 pm Link

Model

CRIMSON REIGN

Baltimore, Maryland, US

MoRina wrote:
I always enjoyed your past work and I look forward to seeing more!

Wow thanks MoRina. I hope that there are still some photogs interested in working with me ...given my age and circumstances. Wish me luck . Blessings!!!

Jun 25 18 06:00 pm Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

You'd be welcome in front of my lens anytime Miss C  .  .  .  wink  Nothing better than shooting with a highly creative, tough, beautiful model with LOTS of attitude and life experience  .  .  .  you're the total package!

SOS

Jun 26 18 04:43 am Link

Model

CRIMSON REIGN

Baltimore, Maryland, US

sospix wrote:
You'd be welcome in front of my lens anytime Miss C  .  .  .  wink  Nothing better than shooting with a highly creative, tough, beautiful model with LOTS of attitude and life experience  .  .  .  you're the total package!

SOS

Wow thanks. Now to try and get to your location, it would be an honor

Jun 26 18 04:40 pm Link