Forums > Model Colloquy > Help - Newbie Freelance Model

Model

Alex_model93

London, England, United Kingdom

Hey everyone ,

I'm looking for some advice about how to get started as a male freelance model. I started modelling just over a year ago , prior to that I had no experience. I  was with an agency but my contract has run its course and  I want  to try things on my own. I'm so confused on how and where to start as a freelance model so any advice would be greatly appreciated. I've done a lot of test shoots whilst modelling and I'm still building my portfolio up but primarily I'm going to want to try and find paid assignments. Any info on how I should premote myself to get started would be greatly appreciated. Not really sure how these forums work so if you could just inbox me anything that you think could help me that would be great. Hope to hear from some of you more experienced people soon. 

Should you wish to just have a quick look a my portfolio on my Instagram page the link is below.

https://www.instagram.com/alex_model93/

Aug 12 18 06:08 pm Link

Photographer

Isaiah Brink

Charlotte, North Carolina, US

Ok, looks like you have a solid port put together already so your next step is to build up experience with as many photographers as possible.  I"m assuming that since you have a solid port, you have a few you can list, but the more the merrier.  Also, if you start charging, don't start out high, start out low, and slowly increase your rates so you get a feel for how much work you can get at that rate.  Don't price yourself out of your market.  You're in London, so I'm assuming that its a good sized market, with a huge one not too far away in Paris.  Also, don't rule out going back to an agency, there are some very large and reputable ones based in London and/or Paris.  That's probably your best option over MM honestly.  Have them find the paid work for you, so that way, you know you get paid.  Good luck Alex.

Aug 13 18 02:48 am Link

Model

Alex_model93

London, England, United Kingdom

Isaiah Brink wrote:
Ok, looks like you have a solid port put together already so your next step is to build up experience with as many photographers as possible.  I"m assuming that since you have a solid port, you have a few you can list, but the more the merrier.  Also, if you start charging, don't start out high, start out low, and slowly increase your rates so you get a feel for how much work you can get at that rate.  Don't price yourself out of your market.  You're in London, so I'm assuming that its a good sized market, with a huge one not too far away in Paris.  Also, don't rule out going back to an agency, there are some very large and reputable ones based in London and/or Paris.  That's probably your best option over MM honestly.  Have them find the paid work for you, so that way, you know you get paid.  Good luck Alex.

Thanks for the info, appreciate it

Aug 13 18 04:43 am Link