Forums > Model Colloquy > Lookalikes

Photographer

Manuel odabashian

London, England, United Kingdom

I have  been trying to find models that look like famous vintage actresses. So far I have not had any luck in London.  A few casting calls I have up are for Greer garson, Martha hyer and Jeanne Crain lookalikes. Plenty of replies but no one really satisfactory. Anyone have any ideas?

Sep 14 18 11:40 pm Link

Photographer

Eternal Photos

Belleville, Ontario, Canada

Try agencies that specialize in lookalikes, not just modeling.  A quick search turned up this for UK.  http://www.fakefaces.co.uk/  They may have what you're looking for.

Sep 15 18 12:25 am Link

Photographer

Manuel odabashian

London, England, United Kingdom

Thanks for your reply I did try them £400 for a half day!

Sep 15 18 02:43 am Link

Photographer

dcsmooth

Detroit, Michigan, US

I think that when you are looking for a model with a very specific appearance such as looking exactly like a famous actress or movie star, the number of models who fit that criteria is ultimately always going to be extremely small.

For that reason, the price goes up according to supply and demand.

I believe that advertising locally with a casting call isn't going to get you anywhere since it's likely only one model out of millions fits your requirements and that model could be located halfway around the world.

In this case, it's very possible that an ordinary person might have the look of the famous person, but of course they would never see your casting call since that person isn't a model.  Your challenge appears to be how to find that ordinary woman next door who has the look you want. In a metropolitan area the size of London, you might need to use different approaches that will reach the general public.

Sep 15 18 08:11 am Link

Photographer

Springfield Fotografiya

Springfield, Missouri, US

Manuel odabashian wrote:
I have  been trying to find models that look like famous vintage actresses. So far I have not had any luck in London.  A few casting calls I have up are for Greer garson, Martha hyer and Jeanne Crain lookalikes. Plenty of replies but no one really satisfactory. Anyone have any ideas?

I don't know what kind of connections you may or may not have, but the first one that came to mind for me would be to check with a friend in MI5, OSCT, NDEDIU, NCA, NBIS, or the National Fraud Intelligence Bureau.  They probably have the facial recognition resources and databases to find out how well anyone in your country resembles a famous vintage actress.  If you don't know anyone in these British domestic intelligence agencies, you might be best off going private sector with marketing companies and social networking companies that do facial recognition work for their own purposes.  An option that might be trickier, but one that you could do yourself, would be to run images of vintage actresses through Google Image Search and look for false positives among normal people and then see if you might be able to track down how to contact them from information on the websites where the false positive images are found.

Sep 15 18 11:54 am Link