Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > SF2: Ess Effin Two > List of artistic internal organ shots?

Photographer

Shadow Dancer

Bellingham, Washington, US

You know, like the organ at Aristide Cavaillé-Coll Cathedral of St Ouen, Rouen France.

Stuff like that, I don't want any of those external organs, then you have to plan around the weather and stuff...

Sep 23 19 12:43 pm Link

Photographer

Orca Bay Images

Arcata, California, US

I have a nice MRI of a ruptured Achilles tendon. It's not an organ, but think of it as part of the string section. Or in this case, the un-strung section.

Sep 23 19 08:24 pm Link

Photographer

Shadow Dancer

Orca Bay Images wrote:
I have a nice MRI of a ruptured Achilles tendon. It's not an organ, but think of it as part of the string section. Or in this case, the un-strung section.

lollollollollollollollollollollol

Sep 23 19 10:13 pm Link

Photographer

scrymettet

Quebec, Quebec, Canada

St Nicolas baroque organ in Prague

Sep 28 19 02:29 pm Link

Photographer

Orca Bay Images

Arcata, California, US

This thread -- and the one it's spoofing -- reminded me of an issue of National Lampoon from the 70s or early 80s that touted a "split beaver" layout. It was a two-page painting of a dead beaver laid open by a hatchet.

Sep 29 19 12:55 pm Link

Photographer

Shadow Dancer

Orca Bay Images wrote:
This thread -- and the one it's spoofing -- reminded me of an issue of National Lampoon from the 70s or early 80s that touted a "split beaver" layout. It was a two-page painting of a dead beaver laid open by a hatchet.

Here is your chance to relive those days!!!! lol

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/National-Lampoo … 3909504522

Sep 30 19 08:30 pm Link

Photographer

Shadow Dancer

scrymettet wrote:
St Nicolas baroque organ in Prague

This is an internal organ?

Sep 30 19 08:31 pm Link

Photographer

Art Silva

Santa Barbara, California, US

I always wanted to know what the insides of a Hammond Organ lookes like

Oct 06 19 09:37 am Link

Photographer

Shadow Dancer

Art Silva wrote:
I always wanted to know what the insides of a Hammond Organ lookes like

You will hate to hear this but I've bought 2 or 3 Hammonds at thrift stores, the last one was $15 or so.
I only purchase the vintage tube models. I buy other brands as well, luck of the draw as it were.

Then, I gut them. I remove the amplifiers, tubes, speakers, reverb tanks etc. The cabinet gets dismantled and tossed in the dumpster (multi unit condo with dumpster in the underground parking area).

I sell the amps on ebay, do-it-yourselfers make tube guitar amps out of them. I used profits from selling organ parts to purchase one, a Hammond amp with orginal transformers gutted and completely rewired to a mid 50's Fender Tweed circuit.
It sounds fantastic, love it.

I sell the reverb tanks and some of the tubes as well. I've kept a nice stash of vintage tubes, organs are run at lower voltages and usually not subject to the sort of abuse that guitarists inflict on their amps/tubes.

Haven't killed a B3 or C3, those are worth a lot of money unmolested. Haven't found one cheap either. So it goes.

Anyway, mostly they are insane wiring harnesses going everywhere, contraptions (tone wheel generator) and old school tube electronics all naked and cosmetically unadorned. The power supply capacitors hold a charge, could blow you across the room if you don't discharge them before messing about.

Lots of creepy, itchy dust too, nasty.
Haven't destroyed one in quite a while, I might be overdue. lol

Oct 06 19 08:53 pm Link

Model

Jen B

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Orca Bay Images wrote:

Oh yeah, tell it! I have an old ultrasound of a bladder! woo, woo!

Mar 26 20 09:17 pm Link

Photographer

Shadow Dancer

Jen B wrote:

Oh yeah, tell it! I have an old ultrasound of a bladder! woo, woo!

Oh Yeah?
Well...

I had my brain removed and it didn't change anything. So much for thinkin'.

Mar 26 20 11:21 pm Link