Forums > Critique > Changed the images on my website index

Photographer

Jorge Kreimer

San Cristóbal de las Casas, Chiapas, Mexico

https://www.gershonkreimer.com/index

I had the previous images for a long time. I think the new images are a nicely balanced sample of my current work.

Let me know your thoughts.

Nov 19 19 08:53 am Link

Photographer

HeartSpur

Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China

Hey Jorge, seems like you've introduced quite a lot of glitch effects to your recent photos. I like the ones with the simple bold lines, as it makes the photo more impactful in some cases, and isn't reliant on the effect itself. The work you have in the "MULTIPLICITIES AND DISTORTIONS" portfolio on the other hand, looks like images created from the plethora of glitch apps out there, and is now a style quite exhausted in music videos and photos on social media. Just my two cents. Hope it helps

Nov 25 19 06:37 pm Link

Photographer

Jorge Kreimer

Quentin Studios wrote:
Hey Jorge, seems like you've introduced quite a lot of glitch effects to your recent photos. I like the ones with the simple bold lines, as it makes the photo more impactful in some cases, and isn't reliant on the effect itself. The work you have in the "MULTIPLICITIES AND DISTORTIONS" portfolio on the other hand, looks like images created from the plethora of glitch apps out there, and is now a style quite exhausted in music videos and photos on social media. Just my two cents. Hope it helps

Noted, thank you.

Nov 26 19 05:52 am Link

Photographer

Garry k

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

And I was thinking quite the opposite ( as the previous critique ) as the glitch effects are my favourites with respect to your work

either way - The Site is Impressive as is Your Body of Work

As i have said before - You have developed that signiature style that makes your work instantly recognizable

And that is something that most of us strive for

Nov 26 19 12:04 pm Link

Photographer

Jorge Kreimer

Garry k wrote:
And I was thinking quite the opposite ( as the previous critique ) as the glitch effects are my favourites with respect to your work

either way - The Site is Impressive as is Your Body of Work

As i have said before - You have developed that signiature style that makes your work instantly recognizable

And that is something that most of us strive for

That's very kind Garry.

I understand that these effects are quite easy to replicate, however, I don't believe the pictures in themselves are .

Like Damien Hirst's spot paintings (https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesig … ngs-review), technique has very little to do about it, but rather, it's about concept.

Hopefully my concepts are strong enough.

Nov 26 19 12:11 pm Link