Forums > Critique > Please Take a Look!

Photographer

Spicy Peach Photography

Macon, Georgia, US

I've been shooting for two years now and have posted a good number of images representing my style.  Please take a look and give me your honest, general impression as well as a critique of what you consider my best and why.

Thanks

Nov 30 19 11:56 am Link

Photographer

FIFTYONE PHOTOGRAPHY

Uniontown, Pennsylvania, US

General impression:  IMO the Portfolio becomes repetitive and a cull is in order.

Less is more.

Dec 01 19 02:59 am Link

Photographer

Spicy Peach Photography

Macon, Georgia, US

FIFTYONE PHOTOGRAPHY wrote:
General impression:  IMO the Portfolio becomes repetitive and a cull is in order.

Less is more.

Thank you.  I was worried a little about that.

Dec 01 19 03:26 am Link

Photographer

KeithD3

Saint Joseph, Missouri, US

I have to agree with FiftyOne.  You have some interesting shots and have worked with talented models but it seems you are shooting with a formula.  Basically you have 3 different light and sets that you have used many times.
May I suggest experimenting?  Your portfolio needs you to step outside your comfort zone and grow yourself as a photographer.  It appears you have the technical expertise to do this. 
Look for ways to make photography fun again and to test yourself.

Dec 01 19 02:56 pm Link

Photographer

Orca Bay Images

Arcata, California, US

In complete atgreement wityh Keith and FiftyOne, regarding formulaic consistency and redundancy. Even when you used different models for the same look, it was often hard to tell it it was a different model. The shots were that much the same.

1) Get brutal in culling your eixsting portfolio. Try for one or two images per look.

2) In going forward, set out to do something radically different in each shoot, at least for a while. Try to do something (or at least add a major element) that you've never tried before.

Dec 01 19 09:14 pm Link

Photographer

Ron McKinney

Chicago, Illinois, US

the best thing you can do to your port is cut 3/4 of the images and show your best 40.  Less is so much more, as someone above me already wrote.  Literally cut it to 40.

Dec 02 19 10:56 am Link

Photographer

Mark Salo

Olney, Maryland, US

I like the textures along with the shades of red and black.
https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/190713/11/5d2a2529ec9c1_m.jpg
To me, the yellow star is jarring.

Dec 03 19 01:01 pm Link