Forums > Critique > Would love a critique of my work

Photographer

Barry Jackson

Dallas, Texas, US

This was my first year of really focusing on photographing models and entering this part of the industry, would love to know what you all think.

Jan 04 20 07:07 pm Link

Photographer

JT Life Photography

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Barry Jackson wrote:
This was my first year of really focusing on photographing models and entering this part of the industry, would love to know what you all think.

I can only see one image in your portfolio. Hard to give you feedback with only one image.
Best,
JT

Jan 04 20 08:56 pm Link

Photographer

Nor-Cal Photography

Walnut Creek, California, US

JT Life Photography wrote:
I can only see one image in your portfolio. Hard to give you feedback with only one image.

+1

Jan 04 20 09:14 pm Link

Model

Schoetze

New York, New York, US

Nor-Cal Photography wrote:

+1

+2

Jan 04 20 11:01 pm Link

Photographer

Orca Bay Images

Arcata, California, US

Your work lacks range and diversity. All the lighting and composition are too similar. And don't let one model hog your entire portfolio. Unless she's got compromising photos of you with a goat in a motel room, there's no reason she should have that kind of leverage over you. There's a lot of redundancy in your port, even though there's not.

If this is all you got in one year of focusing on shooting models, I suggest you switch to autofocus mode. Otherwise that poor girl is gonna die of old age before you fulfill your TF obligations to her.

Jan 04 20 11:32 pm Link