Forums > Photography Talk > Flashpoint R2 Pro MarkII Transmitter for Sony

Photographer

Dan OMell

Charlotte, North Carolina, US

Flashpoint R2 Pro MarkII 2.4GHz Transmitter for Sony, firmware ver.1.6 doesn't trigger the modeling light of my
Godox AD400Pro, by some reason.
Not a big deal in general, but still, I rather much prefer to not walk to the flash to turn the modeling light on or off.
Anyone experienced the same problem?

May 23 20 12:20 pm Link

Photographer

Dustin_S_

I have the AD400 Pro with a Mark II trigger (for Canon). Does your trigger activate your flash? If not one thing to look at is make sure that your light and trigger are both on the same channel with the same ID number. Make sure this didn't get changed somehow. On the top of your trigger screen, does the model lamp icon come up if you press the button to turn it on? I have found that if you press the model lamp button (either one) so it turns all groups on, but then select a group and hit the model lamp button it turns that specific one off, and if you hit the "set" button you can turn on/ all lights except that specific group. Another thing is, you state you have software ver. 1.6, did you buy it this way or have you updated the firmware yourself? If you did so yourself, it is possible that it corrupted somehow, and simply re-upgrading will fix the issue. For $69 they are cheap triggers (especially compared to the Phottix Odin II which is practically identical but costs about $180).

I am also in Charlotte (out near Mountain Island Lake area) but work in uptown. If you're interested maybe I can try using my trigger on your light to see if it activates, and vise-versa.

May 25 20 01:39 pm Link

Photographer

Dan OMell

It's a cool idea to test with your Canon trigger. But, even if it works fine, I'm more interested in my Sony trigger to turn on the model light on my AD200. Other than the model light, everything else is perfectly operational. Plus, I can switch a model light on|off on AD200 itself with no problem. I bought my trigger fairly recent, with the latest firmware pre-installed.

It could be fun to meet sometime, but I'm kinda stuck in two virtual "pigeonholes": in the vicinity of Carolina Pavilion mall, close to Pineville area, between NC/SC; and on a very rare occasion (especially during these crazy times!), forced to take a blue rail to uptown. Sorry about that.

Thank you for your suggestions

Dustin_S_ wrote:
I have the AD400 Pro with a Mark II trigger (for Canon). Does your trigger activate your flash? If not one thing to look at is make sure that your light and trigger are both on the same channel with the same ID number. Make sure this didn't get changed somehow. On the top of your trigger screen, does the model lamp icon come up if you press the button to turn it on? I have found that if you press the model lamp button (either one) so it turns all groups on, but then select a group and hit the model lamp button it turns that specific one off, and if you hit the "set" button you can turn on/ all lights except that specific group. Another thing is, you state you have software ver. 1.6, did you buy it this way or have you updated the firmware yourself? If you did so yourself, it is possible that it corrupted somehow, and simply re-upgrading will fix the issue. For $69 they are cheap triggers (especially compared to the Phottix Odin II which is practically identical but costs about $180).

I am also in Charlotte (out near Mountain Island Lake area) but work in uptown. If you're interested maybe I can try using my trigger on your light to see if it activates, and vise-versa.

May 29 20 02:59 pm Link

Photographer

Mark Salo

Olney, Maryland, US

Dan OMell wrote:
I'm more interested in my Sony trigger to turn on the model light on my AD200.

Godox advertises that a Godox Canon flash will work on your Sony camera if you have a Sony trigger and vice versa.

So: Sony camera -> Sony trigger -> Canon flash: tests your trigger.

Canon camera -> Canon trigger -> Sony flash: tests your flash.

May 29 20 03:24 pm Link

Photographer

PHP-Photography

Vaasa, Ostrobothnia, Finland

From XPro manual:

"1 When displaying multiple groups, press the <MOD>
button to control the ON/OFF of the modeling lamp.

2. Press the group button to choose the group when
displaying multiple groups or when displaying onegroup,
press the <MOD> button to control the
ON/OFF of the modeling lamp (note: The models that
can use one-group to ON/OFF the modeling lamp are
as follows: GSII, SKII, QSII, QDII, DEII, DPII series,
etc. The outdoor flash AD200 and AD600 can use this
function after upgrade. The new arrivals with modeling
lamps can also use this function.)."

May 30 20 03:26 am Link