Forums > Newbie Forum > Newbie education

Model

Lexxus

Deerfield Beach, Florida, US

Hi all. I've been here for less than a week and wow, things move fast. I've read through some of the threads in this area and yes there are a lot of wolves about! I can see where a young model just starting out could become entangled pretty quickly. I'm taking things slowly here and really am trying to learn on the fly. I may be new to this site but not new to how wolves operate. I just can't imagine being young and impressionable and trying to navigate trough all of this. It's going to be a learning experience for me that I look forward to!

Have a great weekend!

Jun 27 20 11:14 am Link

Photographer

Paolo D Photography

San Francisco, California, US

Lexxus wrote:
Hi all. I've been here for less than a week and wow, things move fast. I've read through some of the threads in this area and yes there are a lot of wolves about! I can see where a young model just starting out could become entangled pretty quickly. I'm taking things slowly here and really am trying to learn on the fly. I may be new to this site but not new to how wolves operate. I just can't imagine being young and impressionable and trying to navigate trough all of this. It's going to be a learning experience for me that I look forward to!

Have a great weekend!

Wolves? hmm hmm
don't let the goofyness of the forum activities influence your opinion too much.

edumacation, theres an edu section of this site.

Jun 27 20 10:43 pm Link

Model

Lexxus

Actually the "wolves" comment came from someone else, not sure where I read it but it came from the forums here. I understand that the majority are professional and respectful. I can take care of myself and I don't worry about a few bad apples. I appreciate the response and your thoughts!

Jun 30 20 06:55 am Link

Photographer

Flex Photography

Sudbury, Ontario, Canada

Your profile says you joined in 2013, so welcome, newbie! lol
Lovely look, Lexxus, and ready for the quality photos you deserve!

For great helpful info on many aspects of modeling, go read everything at www.newmodels.com
An important section there is the one about the Nigerian Scam!
Beware of those (odd bad apples) urgently wanting you to supply or switch to outside email right away. Red flag!!
Offers of advance pay, for shoots that sound too-good-to-be-true, are fake, and dangerous scams!!

Feel free to ask anything.
Enjoy the site & stay safe!
Fred

Jul 04 20 08:35 am Link

Model

Lexxus

Actually I did join in 2013 through the advice of a friend but I didn't do anything with my membership until a few weeks ago. Back in 2013 I wasn't approved for a full membership, didn't think I had a chance at all. I applied recently and was happily surprised that this time I was accepted.

I'm an ex blogger. My photos were taken for my blog. Mainly snapshots and things like that. Interacting with followers, posting photos of myself, that sort of thing. Creating images for this type of forum is obviously very different but I'm here to learn.

Thanks for the time, information and tips Fred!

Jul 04 20 09:30 am Link

Photographer

Mark Salo

Olney, Maryland, US

Flex Photography wrote:
An important section there is the one about the Nigerian Scam!

Yes, never deposit a check and then forward money to a third party. The checks are always forgeries, even cashier's checks.

Jul 04 20 10:08 am Link