Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > A Day That Will Live In Infamy

Photographer

JustHenry

Greenville, South Carolina, US

79 years ago today America had it's backside handed to it at Pearl Harbor.  Yes we came back and prevailed but it was a heck of a price to pay.  Let's pause for a moment and remember those who died that day.

Dec 07 20 02:03 pm Link

Photographer

Tony From Syracuse

Syracuse, New York, US

I have seen alot of documentaries on Pearl Harbor...what I haven't seen was how the end game would have went even had they had a totally successful strike.

so they knock out our ships...I suspect the invasion would have been a real bloody mess for them. it all comes down to troop transports,tanks and planes. I don't see how they could have established a strong enough foot hold to successfully move inland enough to successfully invade. its all about jump off points. they would have had to capture the island to use as a staging area with landing strips. I dont think they could have held it via that and a ship fleet.

now that I think about it its interesting the lack of analyzed scenarios regarding this. its like all we ever talk about was their half successful sneak attack....never what their ....next steps were. you know...Pearl Harbor...then what?

Dec 07 20 02:58 pm Link

Photographer

rfordphotos

Antioch, California, US

Rest in Peace to all lost that day.

My Dad lost one of his childhood buddies on the West Virginia that day. He signed up shortly after, and served on a small aircraft carrier in the Pacific for the duration. (He didnt find out about his buddy till after the war) As a result, he was in and out of Pearl for the rest of the war and watched it "heal" from the original attack.

He didnt go back to the islands until he was in his 50's---said there were too many memories. Once he went---LOL he said it had changed so much he had no "issues" with the ghosts of the war, and he and Mom went a couple times a year.

Tony--- the historians have dissected and examined and looked at and discussed Pearl Harbor from nearly every angle you can imagine. I am NOT a historian or any other kind of expert, but I read recently the prevailing belief is the Imperial Japanese Navy was convinced they could secure the territorial gains Japan planned for the Pacific if they had six months to solidify their military positions in the various islands. To do that, they felt they could knock down the US fleet badly enough to effectively remove them for the first six months  of the war. A significant portion of the Japanese planners thought there was a good chance the US would have no "stomach" for war after losing their fleet and would sue for a negotiated peace.

Like most wars, that one could have had a really different outcome if one or two key battles had gone differently.

Dec 07 20 03:37 pm Link

Photographer

PHP-Photography

Vaasa, Ostrobothnia, Finland

Japanese lost the fight when they didnt sink any US carriers in PH and they knew it.

Dec 08 20 02:27 pm Link

Photographer

LnN Studio

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

Tony From Syracuse wrote:
I have seen alot of documentaries on Pearl Harbor...what I haven't seen was how the end game would have went even had they had a totally successful strike.

so they knock out our ships...I suspect the invasion would have been a real bloody mess for them. it all comes down to troop transports,tanks and planes. I don't see how they could have established a strong enough foot hold to successfully move inland enough to successfully invade. its all about jump off points. they would have had to capture the island to use as a staging area with landing strips. I dont think they could have held it via that and a ship fleet.

now that I think about it its interesting the lack of analyzed scenarios regarding this. its like all we ever talk about was their half successful sneak attack....never what their ....next steps were. you know...Pearl Harbor...then what?

After the war a high ranking Japanese General was asked why they didn't try to follow up with an. invasion and his reply was that they didn't consider it because Americans were all armed with guns.
Second reason was the the supply line would have been too long.
IMO there was no scenario where Japan could have invaded us even if the war was a total success in Asia, with the exception of a joint effort with Germany, who faced similar problems, That of course was the basis for the Amazon Prime series "The Man in the High Castle"

Dec 09 20 05:53 am Link

Photographer

Red Sky Photography

Germantown, Maryland, US

That 'every American had a gun' story has no factual basis. No quotes by any Japanese General or official.

Dec 09 20 06:19 am Link

Clothing Designer

Baanthai

Bangkok, Bangkok, Thailand

Red Sky Photography wrote:
That 'every American had a gun' story has no factual basis. No quotes by any Japanese General or official.

Ah but ignorance needs no factual basis. PolitiFact has completely debunked the false claim:

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2 … us-becaus/

At the very same time that the Japanese launched their attack on Pearl Harbor, they simultaneously launched their invasions against Thailand and Malaysia. A week later they began their invasion of British Burma. The attack on Pearl Harbor was just one part of an overall strategy. Launching an invasion against the American homeland was never considered.

Of course after Pearl Harbor and then on Dec. 11, 1941 when Hitler declared war on the US, we can assuredly say that Winston Churchill was the happiest bloke in the world.

Dec 09 20 10:25 am Link

Photographer

Tony From Syracuse

Syracuse, New York, US

the article basically says "The Japanese never considered an invasion because they knew they wouldn't succeed". oh..thats genius. to needlessly send a strike force to hit some ships and needlessly stir up an enemy that has such large production capabilities. and...which ended with 2 atom bombs dropped. no plan. beautiful.

as far as all americans armed thing, probably not back then. today maybe it would be a losing endeavor for any invading army assuming both sides stuck to conventional weapons only. I don't think we could successfully be invaded.

Dec 13 20 08:33 am Link

Photographer

JustHenry

I don't think we could successfully be invaded.

It already happened, from the inside.

Dec 13 20 10:44 am Link

Photographer

Focuspuller

Los Angeles, California, US

JustHenry wrote:

I know, right? Destroying institutions of democracy, aiding and abetting the nation's enemies, delegitimizing an election and building a Fifth Column of MAGAT sedition with the intent of returning to power  the "rightful leader" of the adoring, chanting masses is well on its way. Whoever said "it can't happen here"?

Dec 13 20 01:29 pm Link

Photographer

rfordphotos

Antioch, California, US

JustHenry wrote:

And if Democracy can hold, the invader will be out of office January 20, 2021.

Dec 13 20 02:21 pm Link

Artist/Painter

Hunter GWPB

King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, US

JustHenry wrote:

What Republicans are doing isn't an invasion, it is sedition.

Dec 13 20 02:24 pm Link

Photographer

Tony From Syracuse

Syracuse, New York, US

JustHenry wrote:

I know! when not using all that democracy to censor and delete anything damaging on social media and cancelling people for language, they at least found out the hard way, that so much of america isnt on board with their nuttiness.

the question is will they learn from it or double down on their cult like leanings.  BUT...its going to be an interesting couple years as they hide Biden from the public and have him exist mainly via tightly edited "clips". maybe they could employ the services of Lucas Arts.

Dec 13 20 03:52 pm Link

Photographer

JustHenry

BUT...its going to be an interesting couple years as they hide Biden from the public and have him exist mainly via tightly edited "clips". maybe they could employ the services of Lucas Arts.

Don't be naïve Tony.  The dems used Biden to get Harris elected, they will eat their own and toss Biden in under two years so Harris can be the first woman president, it's been the plan all along, I just hope they do it before the mid-term elections.

Dec 13 20 06:27 pm Link

Photographer

Kevin Connery

El Segundo, California, US

I know! when not using all that democracy to censor and delete anything damaging on social media and cancelling people for language, they at least found out the hard way, that so much of america isnt on board with their nuttiness.

There are far too many people who are opposed to facts. I'm sorry you consider the people who are reality-based to be nuts.

Dec 13 20 11:26 pm Link

Photographer

Rik Williams

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

the question is will they learn from it or double down on their cult like leanings.  BUT...its going to be an interesting couple years as they hide Biden from the public and have him exist mainly via tightly edited "clips". maybe they could employ the services of Lucas Arts.

JustHenry wrote:

Don't be naïve Tony.  The dems used Biden to get Harris elected, they will eat their own and toss Biden in under two years so Harris can be the first woman president, it's been the plan all along, I just hope they do it before the mid-term elections.

Ahhh Yeah, I think that's enough QANON for one night there boys.

If you think education is expensive, try ignorance.

Dec 14 20 12:40 am Link

Photographer

JustHenry

Rik Williams wrote:
Ahhh Yeah, I think that's enough QANON for one night there boys.

Sorry to disappoint you but I've never been to a QANON website and I don't use FakeBook so I have no idea what QANON is espousing.  I can't even name one person associated with QANON.  My thoughts and opinions are my own.

Dec 14 20 12:48 am Link

Photographer

Rik Williams

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

JustHenry wrote:

Sorry to disappoint you but I've never been to a QANON website and I don't use FakeBook so I have no idea what QANON is espousing.  I can't even name one person associated with QANON.  My thoughts and opinions are my own.

See this is why tRump loves the poorly educated so much.
Try educating yourself by reading some legitimate news then henry, (not tRump news, he's a convicted fraudster and racketeer)
Are you aware Mr.Biden won by a yuge* margin and like it ir not, he's going to be your new president smile

Dec 14 20 02:41 am Link

Photographer

Acraftman1313

Greensboro, North Carolina, US

Not to switch subjects but as mentioned the Japanese really were not interested in the US they just wanted time to prevent the pacific fleet from being able to do its job while they went after commodity rich country's in Asia.

Dec 14 20 04:27 am Link

Photographer

Tony From Syracuse

Syracuse, New York, US

JustHenry wrote:

I am far more worried about Biden than Harris. We got the senate, we can temper any of their usual batshit craziness. Far more worrying is “The big guys “penchant for using official offices to help him and his son cash grab from foreign govenments. Who knows what deals he makes to keep the money rollin in.

Dec 14 20 05:14 am Link

Photographer

PHP-Photography

Vaasa, Ostrobothnia, Finland

I am far more worried about Biden than Harris.

Didn't know they served in Pearl Harbour during WWII

Dec 14 20 07:33 am Link

Photographer

Focuspuller

People, PLEASE. QUIET!

DO NOT DISTURB MAGATS IN THE WILD. LET THEM BE.

Clinical psychologists around the world need observations of MAGATS interacting with each other to better discover their "thought" processes, how they outdo each other in creating conspiracies, how they reinforce their delusions, how these delusions are created and mutated in real time, and how these interactions result in aberrations in the real world. So PLEASE. Let these specimens be.

Dec 14 20 09:30 am Link

Photographer

JustHenry

Rik Williams wrote:

See this is why tRump loves the poorly educated so much.
Try educating yourself by reading some legitimate news then henry, (not tRump news, he's a convicted fraudster and racketeer)
Are you aware Mr.Biden won by a yuge* margin and like it ir not, he's going to be your new president smile

Not visiting a QANON website makes me poorly educated?  That's a strange conclusion.

And here we are again, rather than discussing the issue(s) you instead try to demean, put down and insult someone with opposing views. Even Biden's victory announcement on his official website calls for an end to that type of behavior but you just can't help yourself can you?  And you call Trump divisive.  As we say in the south, bless your heart.

Dec 14 20 11:32 am Link

Photographer

Focuspuller

JustHenry wrote:
Not visiting a QANON website makes me poorly educated?  That's a strange conclusion.

And here we are again, rather than discussing the issue(s) you instead try to demean, put down and insult someone with opposing views.

"...the dems used Biden to get Harris elected, they will eat their own and toss Biden in under two years so Harris can be the first woman president, it's been the plan all along, I just hope they do it before the mid-term elections..."

What MAGATS call "discussing the issue(s)."

"Discussing the issues" involves accepting facts, not conspiracies. Sorry, MAGATS, leaves you out.

Dec 14 20 11:55 am Link

Artist/Painter

Hunter GWPB

JustHenry wrote:

The above quote indicates you don't know what an invasion is.
The above quote was you delivering a divisive and off topic comment in your thread.

JustHenry wrote:

And here we are again, rather than discussing the issue(s) you instead try to demean, put down and insult someone with opposing views. Even Biden's victory announcement on his official website calls for an end to that type of behavior but you just can't help yourself can you?  And you call Trump divisive.  As we say in the south, bless your heart.

Despite your multiple calls for an end to the divisiveness, you have posted multiple comments that are divisive.  Shall I quote all your divisive posts just from this thread?  How about just this last post?
"... but you just can't help yourself can you?"
"And you call Trump divisive"
"As we say in the south, bless your heart."   And please, don't pretend they aren't put downs.

Really Henry, how did you manage to make this topic:

JustHenry wrote:
Let's pause for a moment and remember those who died that day.

divisive?  You just can't help yourself, can you? I hope that helps with perspective, bless your heart. smile

Dec 14 20 12:43 pm Link

Artist/Painter

Hunter GWPB

I am far more worried about Biden than Harris. We got the senate, we can temper any of their usual batshit craziness. Far more worrying is “The big guys “penchant for using official offices to help him and his son cash grab from foreign govenments. Who knows what deals he makes to keep the money rollin in.

I am surprised you would say such negative things about the big guy.  Though he is more obese then big. 

It was an interesting four years while trump totally disregarded the emoluments clause.  I hope that the courts, in the coming months and years, require trump properties to refund every penny he took in on government contracts, government payments to trump properties for his protection, and from every lobbyist and foreign government that bought a drink, slept in a room, or partied in a trump property.  trump should pay back the government every fee which he obtained from his members at Maralargo.

After the deplorable spectacle that trump has made feeding at the government trough and scooping up the cash from his donors, you must be very pleased that Biden is developing a strict protocol for the next four years regarding even the appearance of impropriety. 

While we wait and see if some kind of criminal charge comes up to haunt Hunter Biden, I expect that we will not hear a pin drop in protest from you if trump and his family start to face civil and criminal cases from their activities in the government.  I know, because you are ethical and moral people, that you won't apply a double standard.   neutral

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics … story.html

Dec 14 20 12:55 pm Link

Photographer

rfordphotos

Antioch, California, US

JustHenry wrote:
[...]

[...]

Not at all. When you admit one of your main news sources ("about an hour in the morning") "The Tara Show"---- a talk radio show that does nothing but parrot the ultra right wing conspiracies that QAnon has either started or subscribes to....

Denying the "Proud Boys" and  "QAnon" have become integral parts of the Trump party in the face of the pictorial evidence of their involvement in the violent protests....

Nope---that is what makes me think you are you poorly educated.

Failure to accept the elections results--- that makes you delusional.

Saying the election was all a plot to get Harris as president---- labels you as a conspiracy nut---- --I will just assume like a lot of Trumpists--- you havent met a conspiracy theory yet you didnt like

Dec 14 20 01:08 pm Link

Photographer

JustHenry

rfordphotos wrote:
[..Not at all. When you admit one of your main news sources ("about an hour in the morning") "The Tara Show"---- a talk radio show that does nothing but parrot the ultra right wing conspiracies that QAnon has either started or subscribes to....

Denying the "Proud Boys" and  "QAnon" have become integral parts of the Trump party in the face of the pictorial evidence of their involvement in the violent protests....

Nope---that is what makes me think you are you poorly educated.

Failure to accept the elections results--- that makes you delusional.

Saying the election was all a plot to get Harris as president---- labels you as a conspiracy nut---- --I will just assume like a lot of Trumpists--- you havent met a conspiracy theory yet you didnt like ]

How much time have you spent listening to Tara's show?  Be honest.  If it is zero then how do you know where she gets her opinions from?  I'd be willing to bet I spent more time listening to NPR last week than you did listening to Tara's show.

As for the Proud Boys and QANON, I haven't voiced any opinion of either of those groups here.  Personally I pay zero attention to either group.

Failing to accept the election results?  We can't discuss that here now can we?

And of course the poorly educated comment is another failed attempt to demean, degrade, diminish and insult me so looks like you are following your normal, divisive pattern.

Dec 14 20 05:13 pm Link

Artist/Painter

Hunter GWPB

JustHenry wrote:

Yeah, we can discuss the results.

"In a letter to Republican National Committee Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel and House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.), Mitchell delivered a scathing rebuke of Trump’s actions, declaring that it is “unacceptable for political candidates to treat our election system as though we are a third-world nation and incite distrust of something so basic as the sanctity of our vote.”"

“If Republican leaders collectively sit back and tolerate unfounded conspiracy theories and ‘stop the steal’ rallies without speaking out for our electoral process ... our nation will be damaged,” Mitchell said in the letter,

“As elected members of Congress, we take an oath to ‘support and defend the Constitution of the United States,’ not to preserve and protect the political interests of any individual, be it the president or anyone else, to the detriment of our cherished nation,” he said. “As a result, I am writing to advise you both that I am withdrawing from my engagement and association with the Republican Party at both the national and state level.”

It is no less appalling that members of the public dismiss a fair and honest election result, especially when the public has spoken to oust a corrupt and self serving crook such as trump.

Dec 14 20 06:25 pm Link

Artist/Painter

Hunter GWPB

JustHenry wrote:
How much time have you spent listening to Tara's show?  Be honest.  If it is zero then how do you know where she gets her opinions from?  I'd be willing to bet I spent more time listening to NPR last week than you did listening to Tara's show.

As for the Proud Boys and QANON, I haven't voiced any opinion of either of those groups here.  Personally I pay zero attention to either group.

I think we can tell where she gets her opinions and you have admitted where you get yours.  Just because you don't climb to the top of the tree to pick your fruit, doesn't mean it doesn't come from the same tree.  You don't know if your opinions come from Qanon and the proud boys because you don't look.
BILL FRADY FILLS IN FOR TARA: The implications and aftermath of cheating in the election will make it difficult to do things in a civilized fashion going forward; What armed conflict against a corrupt US government would actually look like; Super spreader event traced to medical conference about the pandemic

The Tara Show December 14 2020 Hour 3
BILL FRADY FILLS IN FOR TARA: “Ghost” guns from Polymer 80 and complying with the law; The folly of critical race theory; Obama misses being president

The Tara Show December 14 2020 Hour 2
BILL FRADY FILLS IN FOR TARA: What people ought to be prepared to do to defend America as founded; Supreme Court rejecting Texas case opens the door to other states violating the Constitution with impunity

The Tara Show December 14 2020 Hour 1
BILL FRADY FILLS IN FOR TARA: America’s greatness and relying on the Supreme Court; What armed conflict against a corrupt US government would actually look like; Supreme Court rejected Texas suit because they were intimidated by the Democrats threats to pack the court

The Tara Show December 10 2020 Hour 1
Hunter Biden being under investigation for money laundering isn’t news, only his admission is; 18 states including SC join Texas in Supreme Court lawsuit against swing states for breaking election law

The Tara Show December 9 2020 Hour 4
At least now we know how America has been manipulated for the last several decades; Leftists overplayed their hand in taking over the country

The Tara Show December 9 2020 Hour 1
Director of National Intelligence John Ratcliffe details how China owns myriad members of Congress (and the Biden family); Leftist media want to shut down Parler while ignoring hate speech against men, whites, and normal Americans on Facebook; The immense threat of Chinese influence in American politics

The Tara Show December 11 2020 Hour 1
The massive importance of the Texas suit against swing state election violations in the Supreme Court; Appreciating Bob McLain for bringing Tara to WORD; Biden planning executive order to confiscate guns upon taking office

The Tara Show December 8 2020 Hour 4
Israeli general claims existence of a Galactic Federation populated by extraterrestrials (and that Donald Trump knows about it); The collapse we’re seeing is not of America but of federalism

The Tara Show December 8 2020 Hour 1
Dems planning to steal GA runoff election like they stole the presidential election and Gov. Kemp isn’t doing anything about it; Lindsey Graham thinks GA election malfeasance could lead to a civil war; What the country will look like if socialists can steal the reins of power; Judge in NY decided illegal votes must be included and handed the 22nd District election to the Democrat; Government surveillance on American citizens

The Tara Show December 8 2020 Hour 2
Similarities between today’s national circumstances and the offenses by the British crown against American colonists that led to the American Revolution; Letter criticizing Christmas decorations illustrates the intolerance of the “equality” socialism promises; Lindsey Graham thinks GA election malfeasance could lead to a civil war
"TED Radio Hour"
"All Things Considered"
"Fresh Air"
"1A"
"Here And Now"

Dec 14 20 06:26 pm Link

Photographer

rfordphotos

Antioch, California, US

JustHenry wrote:
[...]

I have never heard a word out of Tara Servatius. I consider that a blessing.

I have EVERY intention of keeping that way.

Plenty of ignorance running around in the world, I see NO REASON to seek it out on the radio. Plenty of hate and division---dont need to hear her hate filled daily diatribes.

Just a quick sampling of the "Tara Show" listings from the station's website...
lets see what she offers:
---- same old conspiracy theories QAnon sells...
---mainstream media are ALL liars
---Bill Barr is actually a democratic agent
---Democrats plan to "steal the election"
---repeating and amplifying Lindsey Graham's seditious statements about "civil war"
------------------------------------------------------------

December 11, 2020
The Tara Show - 12-11-20 - Hour 3
Mainstream media pretending that the investigation into Biden family corruption is new; Bill Barr covered up Biden family scandal so it wouldn’t affect the election; SC still ranks among the most dangerous stat…

December 09, 2020
The Tara Show - 12-9-20 - Hour 4
At least now we know how America has been manipulated for the last several decades; Leftists overplayed their hand in taking over the country

December 09, 2020
The Tara Show - 12-9-20 - Hour 3
Eric Swallwell was groomed for Congress by Chinese spy; Russian scholar predicted the end of America ten years ago and now it looks like it’s happening

December 08, 2020
The Tara Show - 12-8-20 - Hour 1
Dems planning to steal GA runoff election like they stole the presidential election and Gov. Kemp isn’t doing anything about it; Lindsey Graham thinks GA election malfeasance could lead to a civil war; What the…

Dec 14 20 06:39 pm Link

Photographer

LightDreams

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Wow.  That's some stunningly extreme stuff...

What does it say when something like "Israeli general claims existence of a Galactic Federation populated by extraterrestrials (and that Donald Trump knows about it)", ALMOST sounds sort'a "sane" compared to some of the other conspiracy theories listed.

And then there's stuff that sounds like almost like it's actively promoting armed revolution(?):

- "The implications and aftermath of cheating in the election will make it difficult to do things in a civilized fashion going forward; What armed conflict against a corrupt US government would actually look like"

- "What people ought to be prepared to do to defend America as founded"

Truly scary stuff.

Dec 14 20 06:43 pm Link

Clothing Designer

Baanthai

JustHenry wrote:

Nazis? Nazis? What Nazis?

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50721554251_d4680cae67_c.jpg

Dec 14 20 06:53 pm Link

Photographer

Focuspuller

Hunter  GWPB wrote:

I think we can tell where she gets her opinions and you have admitted where you get yours.  Just because you don't climb to the top of the tree to pick your fruit, doesn't mean it doesn't come from the same tree.
BILL FRADY FILLS IN FOR TARA: The implications and aftermath of cheating in the election will make it difficult to do things in a civilized fashion going forward; What armed conflict against a corrupt US government would actually look like; Super spreader event traced to medical conference about the pandemic

The Tara Show December 14 2020 Hour 3
BILL FRADY FILLS IN FOR TARA: “Ghost” guns from Polymer 80 and complying with the law; The folly of critical race theory; Obama misses being president

The Tara Show December 14 2020 Hour 2
BILL FRADY FILLS IN FOR TARA: What people ought to be prepared to do to defend America as founded; Supreme Court rejecting Texas case opens the door to other states violating the Constitution with impunity

The Tara Show December 14 2020 Hour 1
BILL FRADY FILLS IN FOR TARA: America’s greatness and relying on the Supreme Court; What armed conflict against a corrupt US government would actually look like; Supreme Court rejected Texas suit because they were intimidated by the Democrats threats to pack the court

The Tara Show December 10 2020 Hour 1
Hunter Biden being under investigation for money laundering isn’t news, only his admission is; 18 states including SC join Texas in Supreme Court lawsuit against swing states for breaking election law

The Tara Show December 9 2020 Hour 4

The Tara Show December 9 2020 Hour 1
Director of National Intelligence John Ratcliffe details how China owns myriad members of Congress (and the Biden family); Leftist media want to shut down Parler while ignoring hate speech against men, whites, and normal Americans on Facebook; The immense threat of Chinese influence in American politics

The Tara Show December 11 2020 Hour 1
The massive importance of the Texas suit against swing state election violations in the Supreme Court; Appreciating Bob McLain for bringing Tara to WORD; Biden planning executive order to confiscate guns upon taking office

The Tara Show December 8 2020 Hour 4
Israeli general claims existence of a Galactic Federation populated by extraterrestrials (and that Donald Trump knows about it); The collapse we’re seeing is not of America but of federalism

The Tara Show December 8 2020 Hour 1
Dems planning to steal GA runoff election like they stole the presidential election and Gov. Kemp isn’t doing anything about it; Lindsey Graham thinks GA election malfeasance could lead to a civil war; What the country will look like if socialists can steal the reins of power; Judge in NY decided illegal votes must be included and handed the 22nd District election to the Democrat; Government surveillance on American citizens

The Tara Show December 8 2020 Hour 2
Similarities between today’s national circumstances and the offenses by the British crown against American colonists that led to the American Revolution; Letter criticizing Christmas decorations illustrates the intolerance of the “equality” socialism promises; Lindsey Graham thinks GA election malfeasance could lead to a civil war

And what is the theme overtly and covertly running though all of this? Justifying and encouraging armed violence against a concocted domestic enemy. Back in the day this kind of garbage had to be mimeographed and literally handed from nut job to nut job, the way porn had to be distributed.  Now, we have radio, cable tv and internet to communicate the insurrectionist and secessionist message to nut jobs everywhere.

And note: Justhenry does not refute the Proud Boys, or QAnon. Sorry, bucko, but "Personally I pay zero attention to either group" doesn't cut it. Not even close.

Dec 14 20 07:01 pm Link

Clothing Designer

Baanthai

Focuspuller wrote:
And note: Justhenry does not refute the Proud Boys, or QAnon. Sorry, bucko, but "Personally I pay zero attention to either group" doesn't cut it. Not even close.

Agree. (sigh) That's the point I was making with my Nazis on parade post.

Dec 14 20 07:07 pm Link

Photographer

Focuspuller

LightDreams wrote:
- "What people ought to be prepared to do to defend America as founded"

Meaning restore slavery, revoke women's right to vote, and genocide against indigenous people.

Dec 14 20 07:10 pm Link

Artist/Painter

Hunter GWPB

Focuspuller wrote:

An hour's indoctrination a day can go a long way when the propagandists are discrediting fair and balanced reporting of the truth.

Dec 14 20 07:14 pm Link

Artist/Painter

Hunter GWPB

Acraftman1313 wrote:
Not to switch subjects but as mentioned the Japanese really were not interested in the US they just wanted time to prevent the pacific fleet from being able to do its job while they went after commodity rich country's in Asia.

It was a galant attempt smile

Dec 14 20 07:23 pm Link

Artist/Painter

Hunter GWPB

JustHenry wrote:

Yeah, we can discuss the results.  BTW, this is the result of YOU taking the thread off-topic.

Earlier Monday, a GOP state representative suggested that he and other Republican legislators might try to enter the building to try to stop the [Electoral College] vote. Rep. Gary Eisen (R) said he did not rule out the possibility of violence during that attempt.

But statehouse GOP leaders quickly rebuked Eisen, removing him from his committee assignments and rejecting the idea that the legislature could undo Biden’s win.

“Michigan’s Democratic slate of electors should be able to proceed with their duty, free from threats of violence and intimidation,” said Michigan Senate Majority Leader Mike Shirkey (R). “President-elect Biden and Vice President-elect [Kamala D.] Harris won Michigan’s presidential election.”

Dec 14 20 07:29 pm Link

Photographer

rfordphotos

Antioch, California, US

lets see....

Joe Biden:    81,283,495 votes (51.4%)
Donald Trump    74,223,755 votes (46.9%)

Biden wins the popular vote outright by a margin of 7,422,755 votes

All 50 States certified the totals

The Electoral College:

Joe Biden    306 electoral votes
Donald Trump    232 electoral votes

Joe Biden won the Electoral College vote

As the Electors voted today, those totals will all be sent to Congress, where Pence will announce the result.

-The Trump campaign forced several recounts (I lost track of how many TBH) and each and every one FAILED to significantly change the results.

-Trump and his minions filed 50+ lawsuits, they won one- which changed a handful of votes.

-He sought relief in the Supreme Court and was twice summarily dismissed.

-Most of the suits were literally laughed out of court for having ZERO factual basis. None proved wide spread voter fraud or abuse.

-The Attorney General of the United States clearly said the DOJ has found no evidence of voter fraud at a level sufficient to change the outcome of the election.

But facts mean NOTHING to a TRUMPIST.

with all the above----The minions are still in the street, still armed, still threatening violence, some even "civil war"...

They dont believe in democracy. They dont believe in the rule of law, they dont believe in anything but their wannabe KING, Donald Trump

Dec 14 20 07:29 pm Link