Forums > Critique > Critique Please

Model

TheSplitKid

London, England, United Kingdom

Hello, I am a relatively new model with a unique-ish look and some unique skills. I would be immensely grateful for a portfolio review! Thank you so much.

May 08 21 01:05 pm Link

Photographer

Mark Salo

Olney, Maryland, US

1) Your eight most recent images have terrible lighting.
2) I doubt that many people will want to photograph you just because you can do splits.

May 08 21 02:09 pm Link

Photographer

P R E S T O N

Birmingham, England, United Kingdom

All the images in your portfolio contain a single, rather bland expression. I recommend working with photographers who can pull a little more mood out of you until you figure out how to do it yourself.

May 10 21 08:25 am Link

Photographer

Brosius Photographics

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US

IMO, many of these look like snapshots taken with a cell phone. 

You have 4 images standing in the woods but the background seems to be fighting you for attention and is distracting. 
Try avoiding busy background like the one with the fence. You are using a lot of images from the same session (meaning the same background and outfit).  Try to pick the absolute BEST image from a set. 

My advice would be to cut your images in half (at least).  Get a photographer who will shoot with a shallow depth of field if you want to use a busy background.  Change up your attire. Many of your shots include you wearing a hoodie over another shirt.  change it up.

Keep working at it and good luck!

Mark

May 11 21 05:24 am Link