Forums > Photography Talk > Retouchers and Extended Warranties.

Photographer

SayCheeZ!

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Don't get me wrong, retouching is an art in itself that MOST photographers are really in need of, but...
... I get more retouchers contact me about hiring them than I get robocalls trying to sell me an extended warranty.

Am I alone in this?

Jul 11 21 09:25 am Link

Photographer

Mark Salo

Olney, Maryland, US

The retouchers are trying to sell me extended warranties

Jul 11 21 09:50 am Link

Photographer

63fotos

Flagstaff, Arizona, US

SayCheeZ!  wrote:
Don't get me wrong, retouching is an art in itself that MOST photographers are really in need of, but...
... I get more retouchers contact me about hiring them than I get robocalls trying to sell me an extended warranty.

Am I alone in this?

No

Jul 13 21 07:50 am Link

Photographer

LA StarShooter

Los Angeles, California, US

I got in the last two months 2 and 1 emailed three times. Then the one who emailed me three times put a tag on my profile. Not very much really. I didn't bother to respond.

Jul 13 21 11:30 am Link

Photographer

Vector One Photography

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US

I don't know... I've never gotten a phone call for an extended warranty.  On the other note, I get a few emails but a whole bunch of friend requests and tags.

Jul 13 21 06:25 pm Link

Photographer

TaiChiJohn

New York, New York, US

I have more retouchers contacting me here than any other category of member. I look at their sales pitches — three years experience, five years, seven years — and I think, wow I started developing and printing black and white film before this person was even born! Started in 1974, at the age of 14; so pretty sure that's true.

I tell them that I'm not going to be interested for that reason. But if someone has managed to learn more about photography in the last five years than I have in the past 47 years then I'd be happy to meet them.

Also, I get lots of calls about my car's extended warranty. I've never had a driver's license though so — what's up with that anyway?

Jul 14 21 04:47 pm Link

Photographer

63fotos

Flagstaff, Arizona, US

TaiChiJohn wrote:
Also, I get lots of calls about my car's extended warranty.

I do too. The irony is my car was totaled in a wreck last year. Does the extended warranty cover that? :-)

Jul 16 21 07:47 am Link