Forums > Photography Talk > Stay ahead of the Curve

Photographer

Dan Howell

Kerhonkson, New York, US

Or at least stay off it. I wouldn't have thought that I needed to make a studio run about models or photographers standing on the curve of a cyclorama wall. The curve is the weakest point of the cyclorama and the most difficult to repair. I learned this as an assistant at the very first studio I ever worked at. I just assumed that everyone knew this, but in the last week I have had two photographers direct models on to the curve of my cyclorama including one on a rental that was having a model run across the studio and jump using the curve as the landing point. Lucky she didn't put her foot through the luan and twist her ankle.

Jul 14 21 06:51 pm Link

Photographer

LA StarShooter

Los Angeles, California, US

Time to put a neon sign "Don't stand here, stand there. Don't jump here--Jump over there."

Jul 14 21 07:37 pm Link

Photographer

Paolo D Photography

San Francisco, California, US

i always put a tape line off to either side, and inform the subject to stay in front of that point.

Jul 14 21 09:01 pm Link

Photographer

The Other Place

Los Angeles, California, US

When not shooting, cordon off the cyc with light stands and rope/tape.

When someone brings in a little kid to the studio, drop everything and tell the parent/guardian and kid that the cyc is off limits.  Otherwise, that kid will immediately run up and down the curve (or, even worse, skateboard up and down the curve).

Jul 14 21 09:25 pm Link