Forums > Photography Talk > sRGB in Capture One software -- need help

Photographer

DarioImpiniPhotography

Dallas, Texas, US

Hey guys I'm trying to use Capture One to create JPGs from RAW files.  I've selected sRGB in the ICC box to export but no color space is defined when I check the resulting JPG's EXIF.  If I save the RAW file in Photoshop I can see sRGB in the EXIF using Irfanview.  Anyone have this problem?  How is it resolved?

Aug 23 21 01:04 pm Link

Photographer

Dan Howell

Kerhonkson, New York, US

just looked at files created in Capture One in two different color spaces (i use ColorMatch for one client). Both ColorMatch and SRGB showed up in the metadata as I viewed it in Adobe Bridge. Looked at both TIFFs and JPGs. The color space metadata was shown in Bridge. Might be a problem in your image browser.

Aug 23 21 01:10 pm Link

Photographer

DarioImpiniPhotography

Dallas, Texas, US

Dan Howell wrote:
just looked at files created in Capture One in two different color spaces (i use ColorMatch for one client). Both ColorMatch and SRGB showed up in the metadata as I viewed it in Adobe Bridge. Looked at both TIFFs and JPGs. The color space metadata was shown in Bridge. Might be a problem in your image browser.

Hm, not sure.  I was using Irfanview to look at the EXIF.  Using shots I've taken before I saw sRGB in the color space description; if I created a JPG with Capture one export I didn't see the color space defined.  However, importing both of those shots back into Capture One I saw that the metadata for both says sRGB so it seems to be there, just not in a way that Irfanview can easily see apparently.  I'm a little concerned if Irfanview can't see it, maybe web browsers or other image viewers can't either.  I know Windows "properties" can't see it either when I examine the JPGs.  Somehow Capture One is able to see what other programs can't.

Aug 23 21 03:08 pm Link

Photographer

Dan Howell

Kerhonkson, New York, US

RAW to Capture One is my exclusive workflow. i do TIFF or JPG depending on need. I have recipes for 3 different color spaces. I have not encountered any colorspace or EXIF problems using it for more than 10 yrs. I have never heard of your image browser, but if you are seeing the color space when you bring back into C1 or Photoshop i would suspect a problem with your browser, not Capture.

Aug 23 21 03:31 pm Link

Photographer

DarioImpiniPhotography

Dallas, Texas, US

Dan Howell wrote:
RAW to Capture One is my exclusive workflow. i do TIFF or JPG depending on need. I have recipes for 3 different color spaces. I have not encountered any colorspace or EXIF problems using it for more than 10 yrs. I have never heard of your image browser, but if you are seeing the color space when you bring back into C1 or Photoshop i would suspect a problem with your browser, not Capture.

OK thanks for the confidence.  Probably just a quirk and nothing of significance.  Just chasing down unfortunate color issues and looking under all the rocks...

Aug 24 21 04:10 pm Link