Forums > Digital Art and Retouching > Lightroom Classic issue-how to remove popup

Photographer

RonaldLee

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Question about importing files into Lightroom Classic. Everytime I go to import files or "import into this folder" I get a popup at the import screen saying that it can't find a specific folder.

How do I get rid of that popup? How did it start to begin with? I can't seem to find any import settings or default folders.

Can anyone help with this?

Thank you in advance?

https://previews.dropbox.com/p/thumb/ABhWGmTQ3W27uqM-2PwDmKP4uVMRIkr1UmgERll1xeyrumtBaW6d8OAo6RyZ2yerWImCNRJl8--BgRTbsFHQfZOXVBBWa6lbPeHcbGkrC4BomMZGABoZVmaxR7yo282qVyk3gaLcFuKygABg4Fv3FViV-3mPwhFvCBhirPkHR3tu-UmaCNWVNhPnfvwk32plaQNSIR8uaVvLS6_amyXFKznGnO7bCTIeniSD8CWFJPaST6HoPbz6GLzrCJb7r2VRuL9Jd2uM8jYlG1qsy_cT6BsnpURNGtqCZDaeknjT4n6zSaCuPIbotp7e4sLRm4tepwjMQQ9b__lFfGEPMxKBudcGr6JXYzBPkvn1U1wQ0_wRNiG8q5Mw3WyVa2XXIf90NWg/p.jpeg

May 06 22 10:38 am Link

Photographer

ArtNu Photography

Winsted, Connecticut, US

I would get something like that but it usually had something to do with having the files on a external drive. To me this sounds more like your drives file system may need to be rebuilt. The program you use and the procedure depends on the os you have. If you are on a Mac then run First Aid (in the utilities folder) on the drive. That will fix the permissions etc. on a pc it’s a program called chkdsk.exe (search for chkdsk in the windows search box).

The other reason could have to do with LRC Catalog. Have you optimized it lately or just clicked remind me in a month for the past six months (I am guilty of that one!) the catalog can get a lot of “junk” in it (old file names, file pasty’s, metadata you do’t use anymore) if LRC has been slowing down that could be why.

If it,s the drive structure other programs may show symptoms like the Open recent file fails. Either way it can’t hurt todo the basic maintenance and it my solve the problem.

Also check the Adobe forums or google it. If it’s happening to you then it’s happened to others.

Good luck

May 18 22 09:54 pm Link

Photographer

ArtNu Photography

Winsted, Connecticut, US

May 18 22 09:54 pm Link