Forums > Photography Talk > Crime Impact on Location Choice

Photographer

Znude!

Baton Rouge, Louisiana, US

I go by first hand experience as well as local news stories. I'm sorry to say that New Orleans is now leading the nation in murders and other crimes.

https://crimebulletin.metrocrime.org

This is based on what the metro police and government is reporting. So I have stopped shooting in New Orleans at all. Also I have a very popular tourist website which I've published for a couple of decades. I now use it to warn anyone thinking of visiting the city to stay away for their own personal safety. The criminals have the full support of the mayor and prosecutors office. New Orleans now belongs to the criminals.

Sep 25 22 06:37 pm Link

Photographer

The Other Place

Los Angeles, California, US

The Other Place wrote:
Neither sensationalism nor politics is involved in what we are seeing first-hand.

Znude! wrote:
The criminals have the full support of the mayor and prosecutors office. New Orleans now belongs to the criminals.

Ha, ha!  Seems like I was mistaken about the lack of political motivations with regard to one poster in this thread!

Sep 26 22 10:41 am Link

Photographer

Znude!

Baton Rouge, Louisiana, US

The Other Place wrote:

Ha, ha!  Seems like I was mistaken about the lack of political motivations with regard to one poster in this thread!

If you are referring to me I have no political motivations. I don't care which side of the political isle the DA or Mayor is on as long as they do their best to lower crime. As it so happens New Orleans has gotten worse than some years ago. But not because the party in power has changed. It's been the same for as long as I can remember and it used to be fairly safe. They claim they are taking steps to improve things so maybe in a few years it might. It's not who is in power so much as what those in power do.

Sep 26 22 06:28 pm Link