Forums > General Industry > Backdrop Outlet Warning

Photographer

Beyond Boudoir Photo

Portland, Oregon, US

Anyone use BackdropOutlet.com for studio backdrops?   

I used them for over a decade, but something has apparently happened to the company and they are now taking orders without delivering products.  Their website doesn't have an address or phone number, just an email address, and they don't answer emails.   I did find two phone numbers for them.  One just has a busy signal and the other says it hasn't been set up yet.  My purchase made 6 weeks ago is still listed as "unfulfilled" on my account page, so I asked my credit card company to reverse the transaction.

Backdrop Outlet has been very aggressive lately with their emailed offers of buy one, get one free or 50% off or similar big discounts.  It's tempting to place an order, but I advise against it.

Anyone know what happened?  It used to be a reliable company.

Aug 11 23 06:13 am Link

Photographer

Leo Howard

Phoenix, Arizona, US

I have ordered from them over the years, and lately things are taking 4 - 6 weeks to get,  which is kind of ridiculous since they are in CA, at least that's what I believe. I haven't purchased anything since my last order a couple months ago, it just takes too long, and I am usually ordering a backdrop or floor drop for an idea I have and by the time it arrives I have already moved on to something else. very disappointing since they do have some really nice products.

Aug 28 23 01:24 pm Link

Photographer

Leo Howard

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Leo Howard wrote:
I have ordered from them over the years, and lately things are taking 4 - 6 weeks to get,  which is kind of ridiculous since they are in CA, at least that's what I believe. I haven't purchased anything since my last order a couple months ago, it just takes too long, and I am usually ordering a backdrop or floor drop for an idea I have and by the time it arrives I have already moved on to something else. very disappointing since they do have some really nice products.

Just adding some update info:

I recently ordered from DBackdrops, and it only took like 12 or 13 days to receive the backdrop I ordered, and they're in China.

The backdrop I received looks pretty decent, quality seems to be on par with BDO,  I am doing a shoot tomorrow and I'm going to use the backdrop for a set or two and we'll see how well it photographs.

Aug 28 23 04:49 pm Link

Photographer

Beyond Boudoir Photo

Portland, Oregon, US

Thanks for the update Leo.  I'm going to have to find a new backdrop supplier.

Aug 31 23 04:06 pm Link