LightBrushedImagesPhotographer Male Columbia, Maryland, US
My Website: Artistic galleryMy MM URL: http://www.modelmayhem.com/lightbrushedImages
Mayhem # 856262
A few unique things about me. First: I am an adoptive parent. There are 100,000's of families wanting to adopt, right now. I will help anyone in a crisis pregnancy with all their birth and/or adoption needs; no matter where you reside contact me directly and I will begin mobilizing support. For those DIYers, see AdoptHelp.com
Second: Rock Climbing models (especially with multi-pitch/lead experience) ALWAYS of interest to plan a shoot concept; anytime, anywhere!
Third: I am a volunteer photographer for Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep. I encourage all photographers to consider applying.
ARTOMATIC 2016 is ON! - But not for long; Closing Party is Friday, November 9th!
NEWS FLASH!!! - I've begun my second year in my new 500 sf studio in a 200 year-old building - the Historic Savage Mill! It's beautiful(!) and I look forward to much good use of this new "creative space!"
Now the regular blah, blah, blah...
I am an Artistic & Storytelling photographer. Now in my eleventh year of pursuing artistic works, I am zoning in on completing specific projects. However I am still doing artistic & portfolio work with models when I travel - I want to stay "sharp" and try new locations, models, and stories. My main passion is outdoor figure images, including California & Florida (2007), the High Sierras (2008) up to 11,000 ft. (I'm also a rock climber), the Arizona wilderness (2009) and the Northwest, mainly Utah & Idaho (2010) & Arizona rock climbing (2010), East Coast (2011), Ohio (2012), the Gulf Coast & GA/TN (2013), Hawaii (2014) and the Netherlands (2015.) But I also love studio work or situational settings to capture an image with meaning and context for the viewer to take in.
Sad to say, I am no longer doing non-paid shoots unless you have mad climbing skills or I am looking for a special location model.
*** BOULDER, CO - December 2016 - Looking for Snow-Hardy models! (See Casting call and read below, thanks!)
*** AMSTERDAM!!! 2015 - Zoi and Amber, windmills, waves and sand dunes -- what more do you need?
*** MIAMI March 2015 - Stepping up into the fashion and Miami Art scene! Dani, you rocked it!
*** HAWAII 2014 - 3 Islands, 5 Models.
*** TRAVEL REPORT: NINPAR 2013 - Thanks to 34 models who participated in the group shoot!
*** TRAVEL REPORT: CLEVELAND ROCKS - Thanks to Gabriel, Crystal, Jessica & Terra for making Ohio a success for both studio and location shooting.
*** TRAVEL REPORT: THE BIG EASY/GULF COAST - After attending Imaging USA (PPA's National convention) I had the pleasure of working with Missy (New Orleans), Doll & Lazrus (Mississippi) and Static (Alabama.). (I believe that makes 24 states I've shot in.)
*** TRAVEL REPORT: EAST COAST I-95 ROAD TRIP - Crove south through NC, SC, GA & FL and back to cover the last rollout of the Space Shuttle to the launchpad 5/31. Thanks to Al (my road-trip buddy), Johnathan, Jessica, Z, Catibra, and Angela!
*** TRAVEL REPORT: LONG ISLAND ("LonGiland") - Trained for 4 days with Doug Gordon (receipient of the 2011 UN Photographer of the Year Leadership award!) May 9 - 12. Thanks to Anastasia, Staci, Rob & Kaliel.
*** TRAVEL REPORT: SOUTH FLORIDA - Got hosed by the Shuttle launch scrub; made the most of it with some great shoots -- thanks to Yaz, William, Rachel, Greg, J Lynnne & Edwidge for your time and efforts!
*** TRAVEL REPORT: ROCK CLIMBING SHOOT - Arizona. Locations included South Mountain, Isolation Canyon, Lower Devil's Canyon, Sully's Canyon and "The Pond". I was climbing and shooting with Model Mila (1323116) & husband on this trip, focusing on vertical walls. The shoot went great and MM is going to give a collective "No freakin' way!" when these are posted.
*** TRAVEL REPORT: Shot a wedding in St. Thomas, USVI. While there I had a shoot with the lovely Megan with rough Atlantic waves crashing on the rocks behind, around, and in one case, on her!...
MODELS: I am a professional photographer and happily charge for general portfolio work. In general, I can offer trade for artistic figure shoots (UNLESS you show a developed and advanced (equal to or better than mine) *artistic* portfolio and are an actual professional model.)) A TF shoot is still 100% work, and is not "free" for the models or myself. Trade means we both work and both get something we want. "Trade" deal: Your time, experience, creativity, determination and good attitude for my time, experience, creativity, determination, good attitude, composing & directing, equipment, post processing, archiving, production & printing. I will get you a set of proof images for you to have as an archive, and process choice images for online portfolios. I will provide a print if you have a physical book, and a poster print of any art pieces I create of you. If I personally sell a print of a model who shot for trade, I courteously (not a formal commitment) commission them 10%. (Don't get too excited, this has only happened 7 times, but I'm working on becoming famous. )
My artistic gallery: LightBrushedImages.com
My services (commercial & wedding) gallery: LifeStoryImages.com
I am based in the DC/Baltimore area much of the time, but I travel often; Always looking to establish myself in new areas with models interested in my artistic work -- If interested, please do email or call. Thanks!
- Light Painter
For those responding to my casting call, I'm impressed you took the time to read my profile - After you reply by message as in the posting, also give me phone call to "jump ahead" of other responders.
Have you worked with LightBrushedImages? Add Credits for LightBrushedImages! >>
"Bert is an absolute joy to work with, and be around! He brought such wonderful energy to the workshop (NINPAR), and my time there was made infinitely better by his presence and enthusiasm for his work. "
Publication & Press:
• Panobook 2011: The 156 Most Beautiful Panoramic Photos of the Year. - 3 Images published (there were over 2,000 submitted!)
• Southern Exposure magazine (Southeastern Regional Professional Photographers Association) - August, 2011, Page 24 gallery
• Final Flight, First Sight: Photographing the Last Space Shuttle, November, 2013
• On Safari: Telling Life Stories with Photographs, July, 2011
• 2013 Featured Photographer for Kolor.com
• ARTOMATIC 2012 - 30' of wall space, including a 10' print of "Converging Lines." With 1,300 artists displaying, I got named "Top 10 New Finds of AOM12" as well as the distinction of "Best Nude on the Rocks" by DC Art News; "...the resulting photographs are eye catching and superbly well done; this is one fine photographer at work." (Thank you kindly, Lenny.)
• PPA Grand Imaging Award; 2013 3rd place, Illustrative (out of 1,800 photographers/5,000 images)
• 2011 Kodak Gallery Award recipient
• Maryland Professional Photographers Association 2009 Photographer of the Year; Portrait & Electronic Imarecipients
Speaking & Workshops:
• October 7, 2013: "Posing the Figure in the Environment", All-day class taking images from concept to printmaking, Rockville, MD (PPA Super Monday Class)
• "Capturing Art & Emotion on the Wedding Day" Laurel, MD May20th, 2013. (PPA Super Monday Class)
• October 24, 2011: "Posing the Figure in the Environment", All-day class taking images from concept to printmaking, Rockville, MD (PPA Super Monday Class)
• August 30: "Storytelling in Fine Art" - Lecture, slideshow and Print exhibition. Woodbridge, VA
• October 2-8: "The Dynamic Nude" Workshop (Co-instructor), Lake Powell, Utah.)
• Invited artist: "The Environmental Nude", September 2010, the Contemporary Art School and Gallery in Haggerstown, MD.
• PPA Instructor, May 2010, "Ultra-High Resolution Environmental Portraiture"
• Speaker at various photography clubs.
• Photographer, Models Choice Image: http://ModelsChoiceImage.com