login info join!
Forums > Digital Art and Retouching > Challenges, Contests, and Samples > Serious Retouch v2.1 - READ RULES B4 Posting Search   Reply
12345last
Retoucher
Pedro P Polakoff III
Posts: 280
Springfield, Virginia, US


Due to the size & popularity of the original PhotoShopping Thread (and headache moderating it was creating for us) we've broken it down into two threads.  This one is for serious retouching work that will be used for promotional or commercial purposes ONLY.

RULES OF THE THREAD

  1) Any image bearing a copyright or signature/logo may only be
       modified with the approval of the copyright holder and then only
       within the parameters defined by the copyright holder.


   2) Posts must be no larger than 600 pixels on longest side with
       link to larger or RAW images. Please use [ IMG ] & [ URL ] tags.
       If you require help in posting, please refer to the FAQ under info
       above.

      http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p20/chipweiner/PSRulescopy.jpg

   3) One image to be retouched per post.

   4) Retouchers MAY NOT watermark an image, however they may
       embed EXIF data.
      ALL EXISTING EXIF DATA MUST BE MAINTAINED.

   5) Credit MUST BE GIVEN to the retoucher.

   6) A retouch that would produce a DERVIVITAVE WORK OF ART
       must be authorized by the copyright holder IN WRITING.

       
       For our purposes we will define a derivitive work as:
       A revision or change that transforms more than 40% of
       the original with the exception of simple retouching.

     
       For our purposes we will define simple retouching as:
       Removal or alteration of human imperfections and small
       objects.


   7) Images that will be used for commercial purposes, resale,
        or that will be provided to a client where there has been
        (or will be) monetary compensation must be posted for BIDS
        for retouching services.
 
        All BIDS will be sent by PM to the poster. Only a retoucher
        who's BID has been accepted may retouch &  post the
        retouched images. You may include a sample retouch in
        your bid.

   8) Violation of copyright will not be tolerated and any violations of
       copyright will be reported to an MM moderator for immediate
       action which could result in suspension of your account.
   
   9) The rules are subject to change, if in doubt refer back to this post
       for changes & revisions.

  10) This is not a critique thread.  Discussion of techniques and
        constructive exchange of information is encouraged, flaming,
        rudeness, and non-constructive criticisim will not be tolerated.

  11) The thread moderators have the final say in all matters.

Your Thread Moderators are:

Diable   Pedro P. Polakoff III

PK Digital Imaging

ChipShotz

Chanel Rene

The Original Serious Retouch Thread can be found Here

The Original Thread started by Craig Seay (6K+ posts) can be found Here

The Photoshop FUN thread can be found Here
Oct 14 07 11:40 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Lilia
Posts: 203
Jacksonville, Florida, US


Oh no... the other one got locked! Here's one of the last posts from the other thread... thank you to KarlaTicas.com & odessit, I love the edits!!  Wish someone could photoshop the necklace off.  Thanks again!

Two more from Lilia... Thanks for following the rules... have some fun editors---

I would love something cool done to these photos in the serious retouch thread!! My husband took one & I took the other with our Sony Cybershot 8.1mp camera. Thanks a lot!! -xo


http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c372/ … C05794.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c372/ … C05788.jpg

www.chipshotz.com
Oct 14 07 11:52 am  Link  Quote 
Retoucher
Pedro P Polakoff III
Posts: 280
Springfield, Virginia, US


Lilia wrote:
Oh no... the other one got locked! Here's one of the last posts from the other thread... thank you to KarlaTicas.com & odessit, I love the edits!!  Wish someone could photoshop the necklace off.  Thanks again!

Two more from Lilia... Thanks for following the rules... have some fun editors---

I would love something cool done to these photos in the serious retouch thread!! My husband took one & I took the other with our Sony Cybershot 8.1mp camera. Thanks a lot!! -xo


http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c372/ … C05794.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c372/ … C05788.jpg

www.chipshotz.com

Lilia..  The links in this post are broken, send them again to me at this account or my Diable account and I'll get them posted into this thread correctly for you.

Oct 14 07 11:58 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Lilia
Posts: 203
Jacksonville, Florida, US


Oct 14 07 01:12 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Alli BBBBBBBBB
Posts: 785
Syracuse, New York, US


From the other thread..Here is my edit of Chemix's Photo....

The Before and After Combined....was gettin some weird color balance issue when saving for the web...but put the two in photomerge i dont loose any color....its weird but meh...whatever...lemme know whatcha guys think!! big_smile

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f282/allibgraphx/misc/IMG_6035-EditFINAL.jpg
Oct 14 07 06:47 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Carol Milligan
Posts: 421
Chicago, Illinois, US


could anyone help me out here?
i would really appreciate it
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n238/fallingbombz/Mod_shot-91-Edit.jpg
i have the full DNG version as well available at
Flipdrive.com
send me a message for the login ;-) I will be on all night
Oct 14 07 07:04 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Chipshotz
Posts: 880
Tampa, Florida, US


Oct 14 07 10:22 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Diable
Posts: 1,857
Springfield, Virginia, US


Alli BBBBBBBBB wrote:
From the other thread..Here is my edit of Chemix's Photo....

The Before and After Combined....was gettin some weird color balance issue when saving for the web...but put the two in photomerge i dont loose any color....its weird but meh...whatever...lemme know whatcha guys think!! big_smile

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f282/allibgraphx/misc/IMG_6035-EditFINAL.jpg

That color shift you're seeing is due to the conversion of the 16bit RGB to 8Bit RGB and also the failure to convert the colorspace from ProPhotoRGB/Adobe RGB to sRGB for the web

Oct 14 07 10:31 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Alli BBBBBBBBB
Posts: 785
Syracuse, New York, US


hmm... ok would it explain that in this then?

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f282/ … 5-Edit.jpg


but even if i did convert it to 8 bit....i still get the same thing when i go to save it for the web....or do i really have to change the color profiles...cause i work in AdobeRGB..

but its weird...this the first time ive really noticed this problem....i dont have this problem with my images....hrmmm hmm
Oct 14 07 10:43 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Diable
Posts: 1,857
Springfield, Virginia, US


Alli BBBBBBBBB wrote:
hmm... ok would it explain that in this then?

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f282/ … 5-Edit.jpg


but even if i did convert it to 8 bit....i still get the same thing when i go to save it for the web....or do i really have to change the color profiles...cause i work in AdobeRGB..

but its weird...this the first time ive really noticed this problem....i dont have this problem with my images....hrmmm hmm

Yup, that's the result of saving it in ProPhotoRGB w/o conversion to sRGB.  I only work in ProPhotoRGB so I've seen that quite often

Oct 14 07 10:50 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Alli BBBBBBBBB
Posts: 785
Syracuse, New York, US


gotcha....well i also happened to have my camera set at AdobeRGB also...maybe thus why i dont have that problem with my images?
Oct 14 07 10:54 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Lilia
Posts: 203
Jacksonville, Florida, US


http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p20/chipweiner/Liliasmall-1.jpg

Larger http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p20/ … arge-1.jpg

www.chipshotz.com

Thanks hun, very cool smile

Oct 14 07 11:32 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Daniel LaHaie
Posts: 326
Fairview, Oregon, US


Carol Milligan wrote:
could anyone help me out here?
i would really appreciate it

This is the best I could do, I know somebody could do better. My computer almost blew up working on the full size photo(it's slow and old, and so am I).

Anyways here's a side by side:
http://daniellahaiephotography.com/imagehost/edit05sidebyside.jpg
I took the liberty of adding some eye shadow, I hope it looks okay since I don't know how to apply it since I'm a guy and all.

And the massive jpeg download can be found here:
http://daniellahaiephotography.com/imag … 5large.jpg

Thanks for sharing your photo with us!
Dan

Oct 15 07 12:59 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Diable
Posts: 1,857
Springfield, Virginia, US


Carol Milligan wrote:
could anyone help me out here?
i would really appreciate it
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n238/fallingbombz/Mod_shot-91-Edit.jpg
i have the full DNG version as well available at
Flipdrive.com
send me a message for the login ;-) I will be on all night

Hmm this actually needed more work then initailly meets the eye, lots of loose hairs, and stuff.. anyway (2 Hours)
http://www.jerseydevil.net/images/public/carol_milligan_Mod_shot-91-Edit.jpg

Detail
http://www.jerseydevil.net/images/public/carol_milligan_Mod_shot-91-Edit-2.jpg

Hi-Res (300dpi 10x17) layered TIF (16bit ProPhotoRGB) is available.

Oct 15 07 01:36 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Diable
Posts: 1,857
Springfield, Virginia, US


Alli BBBBBBBBB wrote:
gotcha....well i also happened to have my camera set at AdobeRGB also...maybe thus why i dont have that problem with my images?

There is really very little difference between Adobe RGB and sRGB as far as the human eye is concerned as the variations are very subtle.  ProPhotoRGB, on the other hand, has an huge gamut by comparison so the colors appear muted when viewed in a form that only understands sRGB.  Now add to huge difference the difference between 16boit & 8 bit color and it stands out like a sore thumb when you don't convert.

I personally only work in 8 bit or 16 bit ProPhotoRGB and I allow Lightroom to convert for me when I export images for the web.  For that matter I do all my printing from within lightroom too as I get an exact match between what I saw on the screen and what prints on my Epson R2400.

Oct 15 07 02:56 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
W S
Posts: 169
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US


Carol Milligan wrote:
could anyone help me out here?
i would really appreciate it
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n238/fallingbombz/Mod_shot-91-Edit.jpg
i have the full DNG version as well available at
Flipdrive.com
send me a message for the login ;-) I will be on all night

my shot
http://www.wsuberstudio.com/images/advertisementImages/WS_edit.jpg

Oct 15 07 03:11 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Carol Milligan
Posts: 421
Chicago, Illinois, US


Diable wrote:

Hmm this actually needed more work then initailly meets the eye, lots of loose hairs, and stuff.. anyway (2 Hours)
http://www.jerseydevil.net/images/public/carol_milligan_Mod_shot-91-Edit.jpg

Detail
http://www.jerseydevil.net/images/public/carol_milligan_Mod_shot-91-Edit-2.jpg

Hi-Res (300dpi 10x17) layered TIF (16bit ProPhotoRGB) is available.

WOW! o wow....i love it...it looks amazing.....i wanna put this in my port but i will surely credit you amazing editing skills ;-)

Oct 15 07 10:23 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Carol Milligan
Posts: 421
Chicago, Illinois, US


Daniel LaHaie wrote:

This is the best I could do, I know somebody could do better. My computer almost blew up working on the full size photo(it's slow and old, and so am I).

Anyways here's a side by side:
http://daniellahaiephotography.com/imagehost/edit05sidebyside.jpg
I took the liberty of adding some eye shadow, I hope it looks okay since I don't know how to apply it since I'm a guy and all.

And the massive jpeg download can be found here:
http://daniellahaiephotography.com/imag … 5large.jpg

Thanks for sharing your photo with us!
Dan

this looks pretty cool...i actually like the green eyeshadow ;-) she looks like porcelin

Oct 15 07 10:25 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Carol Milligan
Posts: 421
Chicago, Illinois, US


WS Studio wrote:

my shot
http://www.wsuberstudio.com/images/advertisementImages/WS_edit.jpg

this one is very cool...it look like it is untouched which is cool but everything is fixed at the same time... ;-) beautiful....

thanks everyone

Oct 15 07 10:26 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Justice Graphic Art
Posts: 70
Jacksonville, Florida, US


Carol Milligan wrote:
could anyone help me out here?
i would really appreciate it
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n238/fallingbombz/Mod_shot-91-Edit.jpg
i have the full DNG version as well available at
Flipdrive.com
send me a message for the login ;-) I will be on all night

Here's one natural worked from the DNG verses small file.  I'm hoping the color looks right.  I'm using a new monitor here at work and I haven't seen any printed work from it yet.

http://www.justgrafx.com/Mod_shot-91sj_web.jpg

Large Tiff Here:
http://www.justgrafx.com/Mod_shot-91sj.tif

Like always, If you like my work hire me and tell all your friends smile

Oct 15 07 12:37 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Carol Milligan
Posts: 421
Chicago, Illinois, US


Justice Graphic Art wrote:

Here's one natural worked from the DNG verses small file.  I'm hoping the color looks right.  I'm using a new monitor here at work and I haven't seen any printed work from it yet.

http://www.justgrafx.com/Mod_shot-91sj_web.jpg

Large Tiff Here:
http://www.justgrafx.com/Mod_shot-91sj.tif


Like always, If you like my work hire me and tell all your friends smile

i love it....but when i try to open the tif in photoshop i get "could not complete your request beacause an unexpected end-of-file was experienced......although it opens in preview and im wokring on a mac

Oct 15 07 01:17 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Justice Graphic Art
Posts: 70
Jacksonville, Florida, US


Carol Milligan wrote:
i love it....but when i try to open the tif in photoshop i get "could not complete your request beacause an unexpected end-of-file was experienced......although it opens in preview and im wokring on a mac

The full file is 56.6 Megs (REALLY BIG TIF).  I just downloaded it and it was fine, but it did take a while to download.  I can post .jpg or another compressed version if needed.

Thanks smile

Oct 15 07 01:54 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Diable
Posts: 1,857
Springfield, Virginia, US


Justice Graphic Art wrote:

The full file is 56.6 Megs (REALLY BIG TIF).  I just downloaded it and it was fine, but it did take a while to download.  I can post .jpg or another compressed version if needed.

Thanks smile

http://www.jerseydevil.net/images/public/rofl.gif

Sarah, 56MB's nuttin when it comes to a layered TIF. The 16bit ProPhotoRGB version, with all layers, sitting on my server for download is 574MB. 

If you're running on a windows based server that suports active scripting I'd be more than happy to share my upload & download scripts to a fellow retouch artist.  They do make life much easier and they assure that the full file is received or delivered correctly.

Oct 15 07 02:04 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Joshua Lopez Photograph
Posts: 79
New Braunfels, Texas, US


Carol Milligan wrote:
could anyone help me out here?
i would really appreciate it
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n238/fallingbombz/Mod_shot-91-Edit.jpg
i have the full DNG version as well available at
Flipdrive.com
send me a message for the login ;-) I will be on all night

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q191/joshuaLopez130/Edits/CarolM.jpg

Oct 15 07 02:11 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Justice Graphic Art
Posts: 70
Jacksonville, Florida, US


Diable wrote:
http://www.jerseydevil.net/images/public/rofl.gif

Sarah, 56MB's nuttin when it comes to a layered TIF. The 16bit ProPhotoRGB version, with all layers, sitting on my server for download is 574MB. 

If you're running on a windows based server that suports active scripting I'd be more than happy to share my upload & download scripts to a fellow retouch artist.  They do make life much easier and they assure that the full file is received or delivered correctly.

Love the smilie-guy!

Believe me I know that is small compared to the layered (This one is merged)  I have people think 9M files are large, guess I need to hang out with more retouchers.

I think my server is windows-based.  I have coding for uploading, but not downloading.  Lord, I just need the time to update and load my new site pages.  I'm tempted in hiring a web designer to do all my crap for me, but what kind of GD would I be then?  ::wink::

Please if you would like to share, please PM me.

(BTW, love your stuff!)

Oct 15 07 02:51 pm  Link  Quote 
Retoucher
Brandis Kreative Images
Posts: 530
Lexington, Kentucky, US


Heres my attempt smile any ideas on improvement are gladly welcome!

http://i22.tinypic.com/27y0ht0.jpg

http://i21.tinypic.com/333vdli.jpg
Oct 15 07 04:38 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Diable
Posts: 1,857
Springfield, Virginia, US


Justice Graphic Art wrote:

Love the smilie-guy!

Believe me I know that is small compared to the layered (This one is merged)  I have people think 9M files are large, guess I need to hang out with more retouchers.

I think my server is windows-based.  I have coding for uploading, but not downloading.  Lord, I just need the time to update and load my new site pages.  I'm tempted in hiring a web designer to do all my crap for me, but what kind of GD would I be then?  ::wink::

Please if you would like to share, please PM me.

(BTW, love your stuff!)

Hmm.. I'll trade you.. I suck at designing glitzy web sites, but I have 20+ years of IT experience and write all of the behind-the-scenes code myself.  I also can point you in the right direction for some proven shareware & freeware components that can make a difference for you.  I do all my own hosting (servers keep the room warm in winter) and can provide hosting for others too.  Hit me up on my regular email: jerseydevil@jerseydevil.net

Oct 15 07 06:27 pm  Link  Quote 
Retoucher
Brandis Kreative Images
Posts: 530
Lexington, Kentucky, US


Another...
http://i21.tinypic.com/slliqv.jpg
Oct 15 07 07:56 pm  Link  Quote 
Retoucher
Brandis Kreative Images
Posts: 530
Lexington, Kentucky, US


Brandis Kreative Images wrote:
Another...
http://i21.tinypic.com/slliqv.jpg

Ooops hit reply before posting the full size image link.. here ya go smile

http://i22.tinypic.com/w7beax.jpg

Oct 15 07 07:57 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
chexmix
Posts: 105
Los Angeles, California, US


Alli BBBBBBBBB wrote:
From the other thread..Here is my edit of Chemix's Photo....

The Before and After Combined....was gettin some weird color balance issue when saving for the web...but put the two in photomerge i dont loose any color....its weird but meh...whatever...lemme know whatcha guys think!! big_smile

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f282/allibgraphx/misc/IMG_6035-EditFINAL.jpg

AB do you happen to have a larger version of the edit you did.  The skin retouch looks amazing.  I wanted to take a look at the bigger version if I could.  Also need tips on what you did. smile

Brandis Kreative Images wrote:
Heres my attempt smile any ideas on improvement are gladly welcome!

http://i22.tinypic.com/27y0ht0.jpg

http://i21.tinypic.com/333vdli.jpg

Brandis, very nice retouch on the eye.  Great color and detail on the eyelashes.

Oct 15 07 09:34 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
chexmix
Posts: 105
Los Angeles, California, US


all hail the QUEEN of retouching Alli BBBBBBBBB.  She just sent me the full tiff version and you have to see this file to really appreciate it.  I decided to post a 100% crop of the before and after and you will see why its good.

Before
http://www.12-27.com/formm/before.jpg

After
http://www.12-27.com/formm/after.jpg

Anyone who needs something edited and edited well, go see Alli B.  Granted she like every other good retoucher needs a good photo to start with.  They are retouchers not miracle workers haha.
Oct 15 07 10:36 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
W S
Posts: 169
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US


Carol Milligan wrote:

this one is very cool...it look like it is untouched which is cool but everything is fixed at the same time... ;-) beautiful....

thanks everyone

no problem, you're welcome

Oct 16 07 02:50 am  Link  Quote 
Makeup Artist
Glammgirl MUA
Posts: 111
New York, New York, US


Hi I took this image with a Nikon Cool Pix L4- It was the end of a hot and humid shoot the model looks great but the wig hmm not so much :-) Any help is appreciated


Thanks,
Shari

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc51/glammgirlnyc/600.jpg


large image: http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc51 … /large.jpg
Oct 17 07 12:20 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Justice Graphic Art
Posts: 70
Jacksonville, Florida, US


Glammgirl-Makeup Artist wrote:
Hi I took this image with a Nikon Cool Pix L4- It was the end of a hot and humid shoot the model looks great but the wig hmm not so much :-) Any help is appreciated


Thanks,
Shari

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc51/glammgirlnyc/600.jpg


large image: http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc51 … /large.jpg

This was really small to work with but here goes
http://www.justgrafx.com/large_web_sj.jpg

Bigger: http://www.justgrafx.com/large_sj.jpg

Oct 17 07 11:02 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Paul Pardue Photography
Posts: 5,457
San Francisco, California, US


I wanna play...  maybe after work
Oct 17 07 11:39 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Alli BBBBBBBBB
Posts: 785
Syracuse, New York, US


chexmix wrote:
all hail the QUEEN of retouching Alli BBBBBBBBB.  She just sent me the full tiff version and you have to see this file to really appreciate it.  I decided to post a 100% crop of the before and after and you will see why its good.


Anyone who needs something edited and edited well, go see Alli B.  Granted she like every other good retoucher needs a good photo to start with.  They are retouchers not miracle workers haha.

awe....you sure know how to make a girl blush tongue

and diable...thank you for guiding me with the color profile issue as well as chex (stan)

heres a larger version of my edit without the before pic...because i already had posted the before pic wink

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f282/allibgraphx/misc/IMG_6035-EditFINALREDO.jpg

Oct 17 07 12:27 pm  Link  Quote 
Retoucher
Pedro P Polakoff III
Posts: 280
Springfield, Virginia, US


Alli BBBBBBBBB wrote:
awe....you sure know how to make a girl blush tongue

and diable...thank you for guiding me with the color profile issue as well as chex (stan)

heres a larger version of my edit without the before pic...because i already had posted the before pic wink

Anytime Ali.. You know I feel really strange telling this to a MOD, but (600 pixels on the longest size please, per the thread rules) smile

Oct 17 07 04:16 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Joshua Lopez Photograph
Posts: 79
New Braunfels, Texas, US


Glammgirl-Makeup Artist wrote:
Hi I took this image with a Nikon Cool Pix L4- It was the end of a hot and humid shoot the model looks great but the wig hmm not so much :-) Any help is appreciated


Thanks,
Shari

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc51/glammgirlnyc/600.jpg


large image: http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc51 … /large.jpg

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q191/joshuaLopez130/GlammgirlMakeup.jpg

Oct 17 07 04:33 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Alli B
Posts: 906
Syracuse, New York, US


Pedro P Polakoff III wrote:
Anytime Ali.. You know I feel really strange telling this to a MOD, but (600 pixels on the longest size please, per the thread rules) smile

i know i totally forgot...but hopefully im forgiven this time wink

Oct 17 07 05:52 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Diable
Posts: 1,857
Springfield, Virginia, US


Glammgirl-Makeup Artist wrote:
Hi I took this image with a Nikon Cool Pix L4- It was the end of a hot and humid shoot the model looks great but the wig hmm not so much :-) Any help is appreciated


Thanks,
Shari

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc51/glammgirlnyc/600.jpg


large image: http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc51 … /large.jpg

Shari.. Even the large image had so few pixels to work with (96dpi) and it was terribly over sharpened.

I was barely able to pull this out of it.  It's not the best, but all I could do considering the original.
http://www.jerseydevil.net/images/public/glammgirl_makeup_small.jpg

Oct 19 07 01:21 am  Link  Quote 
12345last   Search   Reply



main | browse | casting/travel | forums | shout box | help | advertising | contests | share | join the mayhem

more modelmayhem on: | | | edu

©2006-2014 ModelMayhem.com. All Rights Reserved.
MODEL MAYHEM is a registered trademark.
Toggle Worksafe Mode: Off | On
Terms | Privacy | Careers