login info join!
Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > Secret Santa the UK version! Search   Reply
Hair Stylist
Angel Graves
Posts: 2,358
Fort Collins, Colorado, US


Ok due to popular request we've decided to start a UK based Santa also.
Please post here with your interest in participating in the UK to UK Santa this year so we can divide and separate it properly.

The question list will be the same for both nothing different just in country only swaps. It's been a proper age since I spent £ in person so I'll need you lot to help me with your price cap to keep it reasonable with your P&P too ok?

I'm excited that you lot will be participating!
Oct 06 12 09:55 am  Link  Quote 
Makeup Artist
Daneka Wilson Make Up
Posts: 47
Longford, Longford, Ireland


Angel Graves wrote:
Ok due to popular request we've decided to start a UK based Santa also.
Please post here with your interest in participating in the UK to UK Santa this year so we can divide and separate it properly.

The question list will be the same for both nothing different just in country only swaps. It's been a proper age since I spent £ in person so I'll need you lot to help me with your price cap to keep it reasonable with your P&P too ok?

I'm excited that you lot will be participating!

So am I! Stick me down and thanks for starting the UK one!

Oct 06 12 11:04 am  Link  Quote 
Makeup Artist
JamesCMakeup
Posts: 577
Bombay, Maharashtra, India


sounds like fun I'm in
Oct 07 12 01:33 am  Link  Quote 
Hair Stylist
Angel Graves
Posts: 2,358
Fort Collins, Colorado, US


Daneka Wilson Make Up wrote:

So am I! Stick me down and thanks for starting the UK one!

With pleasure!  I remember being just over the line income wise my 3 holidays in the UK and bowing out of any yule exchanges in the US because I couldn't afford to buy & ship anything so I'm happy to do it smile
More than a bit jealous some Londoner is gonna get gifts from Glasgow but I'll be happy for them... Grumble miss Scotish goods Grumble

Oct 07 12 09:50 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Affinity Finch
Posts: 652
Bodmin, England, United Kingdom


I'm definately in!
Oct 07 12 10:03 am  Link  Quote 
Hair Stylist
Angel Graves
Posts: 2,358
Fort Collins, Colorado, US


Ok you lot, it's been a proper age since I tried to use the Royal Mail inside the UK... What manner of time do you figure we need to give for shipping to arrive on time?  I believe I'll be cutting the other SS to a ship no later than first week in December time frame, does that suit you as well?
Oct 07 12 10:33 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Affinity Finch
Posts: 652
Bodmin, England, United Kingdom


Seems good to me hun x
Oct 07 12 10:37 am  Link  Quote 
Hair Stylist
Angel Graves
Posts: 2,358
Fort Collins, Colorado, US


From last time's questionnaire, a sample response

Industry Job Duty- MUA hair & wardrobe
Fave Colour- blues and greens
Fave Animal- dogs
Fave Accessory Item- scarves and hats
A thing you collect- nail polishes
Clothing Size- I like upcycling clothing so interesting things in many sizes
Things you would NOT want to receive- am not fussy, although home accesories are a bit of a waste as I have no space for it lol
your guilty pleasure fancy teas
Do you mind receiving well cared for used items? I love the idea!

Just some ideas of how we can use this again if the mass approves, let me know!
Oct 07 12 11:54 am  Link  Quote 
Makeup Artist
Naomi Benjamin
Posts: 14
London, England, United Kingdom


Hey, I would love to know what this is all about? Could someone explain it? smile xx.
Oct 08 12 08:54 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Just Danielle
Posts: 2,306
Petersfield, England, United Kingdom


Yay!! I suggesting this on the american version of secret Santa and I'm glad it's being arranged!!!
I'm definatly in!!
Oct 08 12 09:04 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Just Danielle
Posts: 2,306
Petersfield, England, United Kingdom


Naomi Benjamin wrote:
Hey, I would love to know what this is all about? Could someone explain it? smile xx.

Basically you get given a name or a questionaire as mentioned above and you buy a gift relating to that persons likes and dislikes and at the same time, someone else is doing the same for you.

Oct 08 12 09:07 am  Link  Quote 
Hair Stylist
Angel Graves
Posts: 2,358
Fort Collins, Colorado, US


Lol thanks Dani!
You can always check the other thread, 'time for the mm secret Santa again' for more of the details. This is a UK specific version for you lot that don't want to be involved in out of the UK shipping but exactly the same thing wink
Oct 08 12 11:42 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Affinity Finch
Posts: 652
Bodmin, England, United Kingdom


I'm getting all excited now big_smile
Oct 09 12 12:34 am  Link  Quote 
Makeup Artist
Daneka Wilson Make Up
Posts: 47
Longford, Longford, Ireland


Jade Honey wrote:
I'm getting all excited now big_smile

+1!!

Oct 09 12 03:43 am  Link  Quote 
Makeup Artist
Naomi Benjamin
Posts: 14
London, England, United Kingdom


Just Danielle wrote:

Basically you get given a name or a questionaire as mentioned above and you buy a gift relating to that persons likes and dislikes and at the same time, someone else is doing the same for you.

Thanks! That sounds loads of fun. I would love to do it! x.

Oct 09 12 01:50 pm  Link  Quote 
Hair Stylist
Angel Graves
Posts: 2,358
Fort Collins, Colorado, US


Bumping back to top page for relevance wink

Thinking of closing the list at end of first week of November to give plenty of shopping/shipping time.
Oct 16 12 02:03 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Lea Eden
Posts: 32
Glastonbury, England, United Kingdom


Hello, I'm fairly new here, never heard of anything like this on a forum, this sounds really really fun, would love to join in.

What's the spending cap?
Oct 17 12 08:59 am  Link  Quote 
Hair Stylist
Angel Graves
Posts: 2,358
Fort Collins, Colorado, US


A couple of more weeks to submit your question answers and postal info!  The more people involved the more chances we have to surprise and dazzle eachother!
Getting so excited!!
Oct 19 12 01:04 pm  Link  Quote 
Makeup Artist
UK_Makeup_Artist
Posts: 896
Liverpool, England, United Kingdom


Ah count me in! This is so much fun smile

Who do I submit my questionnaire to?
Oct 21 12 09:03 pm  Link  Quote 
Hair Stylist
Angel Graves
Posts: 2,358
Fort Collins, Colorado, US


UK_Makeup_Artist wrote:
Ah count me in! This is so much fun smile

Who do I submit my questionnaire to?

To me smile

Oct 22 12 06:42 am  Link  Quote 
Hair Stylist
Angel Graves
Posts: 2,358
Fort Collins, Colorado, US


A couple of things for you lot to mull over wink

Spending cap?  We've done $20 in the past but I am not sure what is a viable gift spending limit for you anymore (I haven't spent money in the UK in person in a proper age).

Also PLEASE add UK to your Secret Santa PM title so it doesn't accidentally get mixed into the other group wink  I'm trying to keep you guys in your own little empire as it were and if you could add that tag it would make my life infinitly less stressful! 

Thanks ^^
Angel
Oct 22 12 05:32 pm  Link  Quote 
Wardrobe Stylist
T O C S S - Wardrobe
Posts: 13
Fort Collins, Colorado, US


A nudge back to page 1 and a reminder that we'll be closing joining the end of the first full week of November to give plenty of time for your Santa to shop and ship!

Looking forward to all the fun you could be having?  Remind your fellow UK artists and creative teams they are welcome to join too (just need to be an MM member) so we can make this event the best it can be!
Oct 27 12 06:26 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Just Danielle
Posts: 2,306
Petersfield, England, United Kingdom


Angel Graves wrote:

To me smile

Where do I get this questionaire from?

Oct 27 12 06:30 am  Link  Quote 
Wardrobe Stylist
T O C S S - Wardrobe
Posts: 13
Fort Collins, Colorado, US


Angel Graves wrote:
From last time's questionnaire, a sample response

Industry Job Duty- MUA hair & wardrobe
Fave Colour- blues and greens
Fave Animal- dogs
Fave Accessory Item- scarves and hats
A thing you collect- nail polishes
Clothing Size- I like upcycling clothing so interesting things in many sizes
Things you would NOT want to receive- am not fussy, although home accesories are a bit of a waste as I have no space for it lol
your guilty pleasure fancy teas
Do you mind receiving well cared for used items? I love the idea!

Just some ideas of how we can use this again if the mass approves, let me know!

This ^^

Answer the bold portion and include your shipping info in a PM to Angel Graves!

Oct 27 12 06:56 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Affinity Finch
Posts: 652
Bodmin, England, United Kingdom


I can't wait to find out who i have to buy for smile
Oct 27 12 12:56 pm  Link  Quote 
Hair Stylist
Angel Graves
Posts: 2,358
Fort Collins, Colorado, US


Remeber to keep your Santa a secret and let the surprise come with your gift smile
We post pics after to show off and say thanks big_smile
That's almost more fun for me lol but I love to shop for gifts too... In a previos career I did personal shopping and miss hearing how well received my choices were!
Oct 27 12 01:32 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Affinity Finch
Posts: 652
Bodmin, England, United Kingdom


Angel Graves wrote:
Remeber to keep your Santa a secret and let the surprise come with your gift smile
We post pics after to show off and say thanks big_smile
That's almost more fun for me lol but I love to shop for gifts too... In a previos career I did personal shopping and miss hearing how well received my choices were!

I love choosing gifts that people appreciate!

Oct 27 12 01:38 pm  Link  Quote 
Makeup Artist
ImageBeautique
Posts: 169
London, England, United Kingdom


can i join in !
Oct 30 12 12:58 pm  Link  Quote 
Hair Stylist
Angel Graves
Posts: 2,358
Fort Collins, Colorado, US


ImageBeautique wrote:
can i join in !

For sure!

Oct 30 12 01:08 pm  Link  Quote 
Hair Stylist
Angel Graves
Posts: 2,358
Fort Collins, Colorado, US


I will be closing the list to join in on the Secret Santa at midnight 10 November 2012.
This means that I need everyone interested in participating to fill in their questions AND postal info in a PM to me by this time please!
I want to give everyone a proper chance to shop and ship within a reasonable expense!

Thanks all!
Nov 01 12 09:18 am  Link  Quote 
Hair Stylist
Angel Graves
Posts: 2,358
Fort Collins, Colorado, US


Just a reminder as we're drawing near the closing date!
Open to anyone part of a creative team wink
Nov 05 12 08:12 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Affinity Finch
Posts: 652
Bodmin, England, United Kingdom


It's getting exciting now! x
Nov 09 12 12:36 pm  Link  Quote 
Hair Stylist
Angel Graves
Posts: 2,358
Fort Collins, Colorado, US


Just a reminder!
I will begin sorting partners on 12 November 2012 in my timezone wink I'm in the US mountain standard so... Make sure you're submitted to be included big_smile
Nov 10 12 05:33 pm  Link  Quote 
Hair Stylist
Angel Graves
Posts: 2,358
Fort Collins, Colorado, US


I'm having the worst time trying to get online from my laptop for some reason sad. I've got you all randomly sorted and ready to go but I simply can't copy paste all this properly from my iPhone!
As soon as I have my laptop issue sorted I promise to send you all the links and info you'll need. I'm so sorry for the delay sad

Angel
Nov 13 12 12:03 pm  Link  Quote 
Hair Stylist
Angel Graves
Posts: 2,358
Fort Collins, Colorado, US


PHEW!!  I finally got my laptop to stop ignoring my internet and got all of your santa info passed on to your santas!!  PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU DIDN'T GET IT OR WON'T BE ABLE TO COMPLETE IT!!

Also, PLEASE!! make sure you plan ahead to ship to your Santa to be sure it arrives by the week of Xmas!!  I don't want to have any sad panda faces this year who didn't get their gifts until January ok? 

Thanks guys!!  Happy Shopping!!
Nov 13 12 07:27 pm  Link  Quote 
  Search   Reply



main | browse | casting/travel | forums | shout box | help | advertising | contests | share | join the mayhem

more modelmayhem on: | | | edu

©2006-2014 ModelMayhem.com. All Rights Reserved.
MODEL MAYHEM is a registered trademark.
Toggle Worksafe Mode: Off | On
Terms | Privacy | Careers