login info join!
Forums > Critique > Post a picture or two and I will critique it. Search   Reply
first89101112last
Photographer
A-M-P
Posts: 18,211
Orlando, Florida, US


Just took these 10 minutes ago totally unrelated to modelmayhem style photography but here goes anyways.

I'm linking from FB so there might be shitty FB compression going on

https://scontent-a-mia.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/1466307_10202554217765881_1672014664_n.jpg

https://scontent-a-mia.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/537352_10202554217645878_1958689823_n.jpg

https://scontent-b-mia.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1451574_10202554216605852_2085722427_n.jpg
Nov 16 13 11:13 am  Link  Quote 
Makeup Artist
Jade Brady
Posts: 18
Manchester, England, United Kingdom


http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/34368307

http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/34447493

These are my 2 current fave shots, i know im a makeup artist and the other one isnt a beauty shot but i like it, would love your opinion x
Nov 17 13 06:46 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
RachelReilly
Posts: 1,730
Washington, District of Columbia, US


A-M-P wrote:
Just took these 10 minutes ago totally unrelated to modelmayhem style photography but here goes anyways.

I'm linking from FB so there might be shitty FB compression going on

https://scontent-a-mia.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/1466307_10202554217765881_1672014664_n.jpg

https://scontent-a-mia.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/537352_10202554217645878_1958689823_n.jpg

https://scontent-b-mia.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1451574_10202554216605852_2085722427_n.jpg

out of my zone but these are so lovely. handsome kid! smile

Nov 18 13 06:18 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
RachelReilly
Posts: 1,730
Washington, District of Columbia, US


Dave McDermott wrote:
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/131110/10/527fd11f808a7_m.jpg


http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/131110/10/527fd148888bd_m.jpg

These both bore me to death hmm

the first one- *always watch for where the light is hitting your model, it should be on her face not on her shoulder!
*Watch for facial expressions because this one is not a good one.

second one- model is too close to the background, crop is odd and the outfit is terrible

Nov 18 13 06:22 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Mark Ruddick
Posts: 78
London, Ontario, Canada


http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/131117/16/52895c499f2cc.jpg
Nov 18 13 11:39 am  Link  Quote 
Model
HEATHER 19
Posts: 1,156
Boston, Massachusetts, US


Nov 19 13 04:21 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Jorge Kreimer
Posts: 2,386
Los Angeles, California, US


http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130927/18/524633fc85e40.jpg
Nov 19 13 09:54 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Rik Williams
Posts: 3,453
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia


http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/131114/02/5284acaab84b8.jpg
Nov 19 13 10:18 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
RachelReilly
Posts: 1,730
Washington, District of Columbia, US


Jade Brady wrote:
http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/34368307

http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/34447493

These are my 2 current fave shots, i know im a makeup artist and the other one isnt a beauty shot but i like it, would love your opinion x

2 lovely images!
The first one is very interesting, the makeup application looks well done.
Perhaps the photographer could have done a more higher end retouch and given you a more flattering picture!!
but that's not your fault

I really love the makeup in this second one, you're good smile
Again maybe slight problem w retouching but no big deal

Nov 19 13 04:47 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
RachelReilly
Posts: 1,730
Washington, District of Columbia, US


Mark Ruddick wrote:
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/131117/16/52895c499f2cc.jpg

I actually hate it.
The post processing, the crop, the models expression.. The lace

So for a critique I'd say maybe look at the professionals, study portraiture and keep working at it.

Nov 19 13 04:50 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
David E Simmons
Posts: 133
New York, New York, US


Can you critique these please

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/131119/14/528be2a505b22_m.jpg

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/131119/16/528c0510dc923_m.jpg
Nov 19 13 04:53 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
RachelReilly
Posts: 1,730
Washington, District of Columbia, US


HEATHER 19 wrote:
Hi
New work, port

http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/34055754

Heather heather heather.......
The one on the left.. Your expression is TERRIBLE
I'm sorry, still looking confused/ lost.. Not sexy hmm
The full body shot on the otherside is way more what a models expression should look like!
Natural easy sexy

Nov 19 13 04:53 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
RachelReilly
Posts: 1,730
Washington, District of Columbia, US


Jorge Kreimer wrote:
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130927/18/524633fc85e40.jpg

Hate it Jorge!

We know you're not about being conventional and following rules
You make art and not what "should be"

But personally for me it's not working.. The eyes and the mouth, just no!

Nov 19 13 04:56 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
RachelReilly
Posts: 1,730
Washington, District of Columbia, US


Rik Williams wrote:
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/131114/02/5284acaab84b8.jpg

While I do enjoy some of your work this particular photo is super boring for me.
My 3 biggest problems are
* no connection with model
* THe distracting hands/elbows
* her expression
In my opinion this photo does not stand out!

Nov 19 13 04:59 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Jorge Kreimer
Posts: 2,386
Los Angeles, California, US


RachelReilly wrote:

Hate it Jorge!

We know you're not about being conventional and following rules
You make art and not what "should be"

But personally for me it's not working.. The eyes and the mouth, just no!

Lol, ok, thanks.

Nov 19 13 05:04 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Reystignac
Posts: 21
Los Angeles, California, US


http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130917/00/523801a87b3b2.jpg
Nov 19 13 11:49 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Reystignac
Posts: 21
Los Angeles, California, US


http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/131120/00/528c70df3a2d3.jpg
Nov 20 13 12:22 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Rik Williams
Posts: 3,453
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia


RachelReilly wrote:
While I do enjoy some of your work this particular photo is super boring for me.
My 3 biggest problems are
* no connection with model
* THe distracting hands/elbows
* her expression
In my opinion this photo does not stand out!

Thanks Rachel!  It's history.

This any better?

http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/34474095 18+

Nov 20 13 02:54 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
RachelReilly
Posts: 1,730
Washington, District of Columbia, US


David E Simmons wrote:
Can you critique these please

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/131119/14/528be2a505b22_m.jpg

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/131119/16/528c0510dc923_m.jpg

this is all very amature work.
I guess you have to start somewhere right?
If would really love to pursue modeling seriously i would start studying mens fashion magazine, practicing in front of the mirror and working with better photographers, you will most likely need to pay them, but think of the great experience/ photos you will have gained smile

Nov 20 13 08:55 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
RachelReilly
Posts: 1,730
Washington, District of Columbia, US


Reystignac wrote:
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130917/00/523801a87b3b2.jpg

First one- I don't see anything technically wrong. I like the location and the post processing.  The problem
Is I've seen this style done 1099654578 times before haha
And I would have liked to see more light on the models face

Nov 20 13 09:25 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
RachelReilly
Posts: 1,730
Washington, District of Columbia, US


Reystignac wrote:
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/131120/00/528c70df3a2d3.jpg

I like this! I get that it's supposed to be edgy with the shadows but again id like to see more light on the models face.
I don't know what length you shot this at but perhaps your perspective is off a bit. Models arm looks tiny! (Maybe she's just tiny smile)

Nov 20 13 09:30 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Marlene Potfer
Posts: 2,799
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom


http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/131121/00/528dc12bd889e.jpg
Nov 20 13 09:53 am  Link  Quote 
Model
David E Simmons
Posts: 133
New York, New York, US


RachelReilly wrote:

this is all very amature work.
I guess you have to start somewhere right?
If would really love to pursue modeling seriously i would start studying mens fashion magazine, practicing in front of the mirror and working with better photographers, you will most likely need to pay them, but think of the great experience/ photos you will have gained smile

May I ask what is amature about the pictures? Is it my poses? the setting?

Nov 20 13 01:33 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Clara Pathe
Posts: 3
Kirkland, Washington, US


haha loving the brutally honest critiques you're giving! any feedback on my work would be much appreciated smile

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/131119/14/528be8a1d9247_m.jpg http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/131119/14/528be6db109cc_m.jpg
Nov 20 13 01:52 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
RachelReilly
Posts: 1,730
Washington, District of Columbia, US


David E Simmons wrote:

May I ask what is amature about the pictures? Is it my poses? the setting?

Everything really. the poses, not so much the setting but the way the setting was handled and the post processing.

Nov 21 13 09:28 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Jupiter Red
Posts: 521
New York, New York, US


Nov 21 13 09:49 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Katerina Marie
Posts: 43
Miami Beach, Florida, US


Nov 24 13 08:50 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Norman Ding
Posts: 56
New York, New York, US


Would love to hear your opinion!
http://modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/32852542
Nov 24 13 09:14 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Meghan Devlin
Posts: 682
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada


http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/131116/23/52886e8959b75_m.jpg

This is my newest. smile
Nov 24 13 09:24 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Shirin McBennett-Sheen
Posts: 285
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia


Alright smile

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/131110/18/528044b632d32_m.jpg


http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/131123/21/52918d6040453_m.jpg
Nov 24 13 10:55 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
RachelReilly
Posts: 1,730
Washington, District of Columbia, US


Marlene Potfer wrote:
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/131121/00/528dc12bd889e.jpg

this is a cool idea!

I am a bit disturbed by the shadows though they are way too dark!
but as far as you, i do like your face and your pose smile

Nov 25 13 03:23 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
RachelReilly
Posts: 1,730
Washington, District of Columbia, US


Clara Pathe wrote:
haha loving the brutally honest critiques you're giving! any feedback on my work would be much appreciated smile

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/131119/14/528be8a1d9247_m.jpg http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/131119/14/528be6db109cc_m.jpg

The first photo is amateur looking BUT i do not mind it. At least it evokes an emotion and makes you feel light and airy.. i wish i was there with them! smile

Second picture is very fine arty.
I am a black and white lover so i am a bit biased. the bright orange red is shocking as well as the over exposed candle light but  i do like this photo.. the blurred girl and the candles work well and has a sexy vibe:)

as it is fine art i feel as if i cant really critique it.. because you've purposefully broken all the technical rules.

Nov 25 13 03:25 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
RachelReilly
Posts: 1,730
Washington, District of Columbia, US


Jupiter Red  wrote:
http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/34486318
http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/34486633
http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/34489490
http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/34476216


Hmmm?

Ok, i am sorry but i have no feelings for these photos....
they are very contrived to have an angsty edgy feeling and personally i am not feeling it. They are all amateur looking and
lack some sort of polish

In the first one why is there a white line over your chest?! would work better without it perhaps.

Nov 25 13 03:35 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
RachelReilly
Posts: 1,730
Washington, District of Columbia, US


Katerina Marie wrote:
Me please :3

http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/34501519
http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/34468049

The first photo is a bit disturbing in a good way.
you being the model there is not much to critique as all i can see are your eyes and hair haha.
Your eyes do look beautiful though. smile

Second photo, the first thing i noticed was the HORRIBLE black and white.. i dont know what the photographer did,  looks off hmm
I know this is not your fault but it really bothers me.

The lighting in this picture really distracts from you the model.
i think your pose is nice and facial expression is just ehhhhh...

Nov 25 13 03:40 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Forty-Six and 2
Posts: 124
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia


Here are my most popular and my least popular, I would very much love some critiques to see where I can improve in the future. Thank you!
http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/34504659
http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/34504669
Nov 25 13 03:42 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Marlene Potfer
Posts: 2,799
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom


RachelReilly wrote:
this is a cool idea!

I am a bit disturbed by the shadows though they are way too dark!
but as far as you, i do like your face and your pose smile

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your feedback, I'm very happy with it smile

Nov 25 13 03:47 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
RachelReilly
Posts: 1,730
Washington, District of Columbia, US


Norman Ding wrote:
Would love to hear your opinion!
http://modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/32852542

firstly, not enough contrast in this photo, esp with a dark skinned model.

this location looks cool enough but what the fuck is going on with her outfit!??! and even worse her pose!!!
This photo makes no sense. Why is she awkwardly hugging/ leaning on these rocks? and why does it look like she just got home from work? The choice of wardrobe is not good at all.

Nov 25 13 03:48 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
RachelReilly
Posts: 1,730
Washington, District of Columbia, US


Meghan Devlin wrote:
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/131116/23/52886e8959b75_m.jpg

This is my newest. smile

ok ill start off with the good.
COOL ASS COUCH! I really want one

tThe colors in this are vibrant and light.

your pose is not bad

The bad:

your expression looks scared and confused.. not sexy

and at the end of the day its just a photo of a girl standing on a couch in a room..
SUPER BORING.

Nov 25 13 03:52 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Vinny
Posts: 95
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, US


Nov 25 13 08:58 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Laura Bello
Posts: 1,595
Rochester, New York, US


I keep thinking I already posted in this thread but maybe not so I'm wondering about this one.  It's one of my newest shots.

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/131125/09/529384bfeb46f_m.jpg
Nov 25 13 09:19 am  Link  Quote 
first89101112last   Search   Reply