login info join!
Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > SF2: Ess Effin Two > Richard Wagner's Der Ring des Nibelungen, Search   Reply
first12
Photographer
udor
Posts: 22,077
New York, New York, US


scrymettet wrote:

cool
I learnt something today

Btw., I grew up in Mainz, which lies on the banks of the river Rhine and is not far from Worms, which plays an important part in the Nibelungenlied.

Dec 28 12 06:03 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
SPierce Photography
Posts: 19,671
Amherst, Massachusetts, US


udor wrote:
Well... as your handle suggests... the probable reason you can hardly listen to Wagner is because your ears maybe covered by inner thighs... tongue

lol

I'm a Rimsky-Korsakov and Tchaikovsky fan myself wink

Dec 28 12 06:04 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
scrymettet
Posts: 31,962
Quebec, Quebec, Canada


Katarina N. wrote:

I am not talking about Wagner, but about the Nibelungen saga - of which Ring der Nibelungen is but an interpretation.

It's an epic saga in its own right, much like Beowulf. If it wasn't about Germans, it would have probably already been given the Hollywood treatment. Hollywood prefers them as one thing only though: Evil Nazis. Epic Germanic heroes wouldn't go over well with the Jewish top brass in the studios. wink

I think it has been done B&W German silent movie in the 20's.

Studios aren't there for art but money.

Dec 28 12 06:05 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
scrymettet
Posts: 31,962
Quebec, Quebec, Canada


udor wrote:

Btw., I grew up in Mainz, which lies on the banks of the river Rhine and is not far from Worms, which plays an important part in the Nibelungenlied.

I went there a few times. I like Germany.
Good food, nice folks and great landscapes
Wine and beer too.

Dec 28 12 06:06 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
DivaEroticus
Posts: 14,568
Fayetteville, Arkansas, US


udor wrote:

Btw., I grew up in Mainz, which lies on the banks of the river Rhine and is not far from Worms, which plays an important part in the Nibelungenlied.

My mother and my oma were hidden in Finthen bei Mainz during the war.

Dec 28 12 06:07 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
udor
Posts: 22,077
New York, New York, US


DivaEroticus wrote:

My mother and my oma were hidden in Finthen bei Mainz during the war.

Wow... I lived there for a while and also in Gonsenheim, near the Gutenberg University.

Dec 28 12 06:08 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
scrymettet
Posts: 31,962
Quebec, Quebec, Canada


SPierce Photography wrote:

lol

I'm a Rimsky-Korsakov and Tchaikovsky fan myself wink

watch Alexander Nevsky by Eisenstein with the original score by Sergei Prokofiev,

Dec 28 12 06:08 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Russian Katarina II
Posts: 2,515
London, England, United Kingdom


scrymettet wrote:

I think it has been done B&W German silent movie in the 20's.

Studios aren't there for art but money.

The Germans are major financiers of Hollywood movies, they could certainly afford to do it on their own. It's just that movies not catering to an English-speaking audience (with actors from English-speaking countries) are very hard to sell globally.

Dec 28 12 06:10 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
udor
Posts: 22,077
New York, New York, US


SPierce Photography wrote:

lol

I'm a Rimsky-Korsakov and Tchaikovsky fan myself wink

Nice, Tchaikovsky, Brahms, Dvorak, Rachmaninov and a few others used to be some of my favs...

Dec 28 12 06:11 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
DivaEroticus
Posts: 14,568
Fayetteville, Arkansas, US


udor wrote:

Wow... I lived there for a while and also in Gonsenheim, near the Gutenberg University.

We lived in Giessen and Augsburg.  My mother (and sister and one brother) was born in Heidelberg, and moved to Landau-Pfalz.  I also have family in Danauworth, Karlsruhe, Freimersheim, Landau, and some other places (some cousins have moved around).

Interestingly enough, my mother adores Wagner...LOL.  And don't get me wrong, folks, I may not LIKE Wagner, but I certainly appreciate his works.

Dec 28 12 06:14 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
scrymettet
Posts: 31,962
Quebec, Quebec, Canada


Katarina N. wrote:

The Germans are major financiers of Hollywood movies, they could certainly afford to do it on their own. It's just that movies not catering to an English-speaking audience (with actors from English-speaking countries) are very hard to sell globally.

dunno
with computer technology, they could make anything speaks any language
I don't remember the tech name for the capture of Gollum

Dec 28 12 06:14 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Russian Katarina II
Posts: 2,515
London, England, United Kingdom


scrymettet wrote:

dunno
with computer technology, they could make anything speaks any language
I don't remember the tech name for the capture of Gollum

I would cast Michael Fassbender as Siegfried. He's half German while the Irish part could endear him to an English-speaking audience.

The German government dropped several millions of tax payer money to finance Tom Cruise's pet project "Valkyrie", so they certainly seem to have the cash on hand for it.

Dec 28 12 06:18 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Reflected
Posts: 16,049
New York, New York, US


scrymettet wrote:
dunno
with computer technology, they could make anything speaks any language
I don't remember the tech name for the capture of Gollum

CGI

Dec 28 12 06:30 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
DivaEroticus
Posts: 14,568
Fayetteville, Arkansas, US


Reflected wrote:

CGI

Hehehe

Dec 28 12 06:32 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
scrymettet
Posts: 31,962
Quebec, Quebec, Canada


Katarina N. wrote:

I would cast Michael Fassbender as Siegfried. He's half German while the Irish part could endear him to an English-speaking audience.

The German government dropped several millions of tax payer money to finance Tom Cruise's pet project "Valkyrie", so they certainly seem to have the cash on hand for it.

they bailed out Greece

Dec 28 12 06:33 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
scrymettet
Posts: 31,962
Quebec, Quebec, Canada


Reflected wrote:
CGI
DivaEroticus wrote:
Hehehe

??????
yup

I think

Dec 28 12 06:34 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Russian Katarina II
Posts: 2,515
London, England, United Kingdom


scrymettet wrote:

they bailed out Greece

They bailed out their banks which have a lot of Greek govt. bonds on their books. The house always wins. wink

Dec 28 12 06:37 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
ArtisticPhotography
Posts: 7,699
Buffalo, New York, US


DivaEroticus wrote:
Opera is my degree.  I sang on the stage professionally.  I do not like Wagner.  Especially Der Ring.

Sounds like you should go all Dr. Seus.

I do not like Wagner on the stage
I do not like that he is the rage
His music is long
His lyrics are wrong
I like other music to arrange.

Dec 28 12 06:37 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
ArtisticPhotography
Posts: 7,699
Buffalo, New York, US


udor wrote:

Btw., I grew up in Mainz, which lies on the banks of the river Rhine and is not far from Worms, which plays an important part in the Nibelungenlied.

I always thought there was something wormy about you!  smile

Dec 28 12 06:38 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Reflected
Posts: 16,049
New York, New York, US


DivaEroticus wrote:
Hehehe

Back under the seat in front of you, duffle-diva.

Dec 28 12 06:40 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
DivaEroticus
Posts: 14,568
Fayetteville, Arkansas, US


Reflected wrote:

Back under the seat in front of you, duffle-diva.

No!  I'm going Chopin!  I have my Liszt.  I'll be Bach.

Dec 28 12 06:41 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Reflected
Posts: 16,049
New York, New York, US


DivaEroticus wrote:
No!  I'm going Chopin!  I have my Liszt.  I'll be Bach.

Don't cop √Čtude with me!

Dec 28 12 06:44 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
DivaEroticus
Posts: 14,568
Fayetteville, Arkansas, US


Reflected wrote:

Don't cop √Čtude with me!

lol

Dec 28 12 06:48 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Reflected
Posts: 16,049
New York, New York, US


http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5unm7P5q51rz0nh6o1_500.jpg
Dec 28 12 06:51 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
DivaEroticus
Posts: 14,568
Fayetteville, Arkansas, US


Reflected wrote:
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5unm7P5q51rz0nh6o1_500.jpg

You couldn't Handel it!

Dec 28 12 07:18 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Marc Damon
Posts: 6,562
Biloxi, Mississippi, US


Reflected wrote:
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5unm7P5q51rz0nh6o1_500.jpg

That's not Bach!

This is Bach! Arthur Bach!

http://14bb18348568cf6c48ec-cde16cf5c35d33e882e13bbe648f334c.r8.cf2.rackcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/1-arthur.png

Dec 28 12 09:31 pm  Link  Quote 
first12   Search   Reply



main | browse | casting/travel | forums | shout box | help | advertising | contests | share | join the mayhem

more modelmayhem on: | | | edu

©2006-2014 ModelMayhem.com. All Rights Reserved.
MODEL MAYHEM is a registered trademark.
Toggle Worksafe Mode: Off | On
Terms | Privacy | Careers