login info join!
Forums > Critique > Fun and Games > What do you think of my Portfolio? Search   Reply
Model
Miss-Marie-Mayhem
Posts: 65
Oxnard, California, US


I just recently revamped my Port...lay it on me smile
Dec 29 12 11:33 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Miss-Marie-Mayhem
Posts: 65
Oxnard, California, US


Anyone?
Dec 29 12 11:48 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Fist Full of Ish
Posts: 1,917
Oak Ridge, Tennessee, US


You are a lovely model and you have theright stuff for the nude work that you've done.  You work is going to get much better.
Dec 30 12 02:48 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
dcsmooth
Posts: 1,177
Detroit, Michigan, US


Keep it up, I like what I see.

Shoot with as many different photographers as you can just to get a variety of work in your portfolio. You definitely have a strong presence in your nude work, and I see you want to do more outdoor nudes. I think that would be a good thing to pursue.
Dec 30 12 11:41 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Miss-Marie-Mayhem
Posts: 65
Oxnard, California, US


dcsmooth wrote:
Keep it up, I like what I see.

Shoot with as many different photographers as you can just to get a variety of work in your portfolio. You definitely have a strong presence in your nude work, and I see you want to do more outdoor nudes. I think that would be a good thing to pursue.

Thanks, smile I do enjoy artistic nudes in nature.

Dec 30 12 11:44 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Miss-Marie-Mayhem
Posts: 65
Oxnard, California, US


Fist Full of Ish wrote:
You are a lovely model and you have theright stuff for the nude work that you've done.  You work is going to get much better.

Thanks smile I've been seeing a pattern in everyone suggesting Nude work.

Dec 30 12 11:45 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
730372
Posts: 1,952
Abbeville, Alabama, US


Regrettably I have to say that your posing makes you look more like a contortionist than a model - I guess it's as much the photographer's fault as your own. My advice is for you to better understand how your body frame works and what it's capable of - and learn what looks good/natural/accomplished. Keep at it smile
Dec 30 12 12:00 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
GNapp Studios
Posts: 6,205
Somerville, New Jersey, US


I was with you until I saw that last picture in your port.  I would toss it away immediately.
Dec 30 12 12:10 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Miss-Marie-Mayhem
Posts: 65
Oxnard, California, US


GNapp Studios wrote:
I was with you until I saw that last picture in your port.  I would toss it away immediately.

Can I ask you what is wrong with that last image? are you referring to the back shot and holding the heals?

Dec 30 12 01:26 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Miss-Marie-Mayhem
Posts: 65
Oxnard, California, US


T B O L wrote:
Regrettably I have to say that your posing makes you look more like a contortionist than a model - I guess it's as much the photographer's fault as your own. My advice is for you to better understand how your body frame works and what it's capable of - and learn what looks good/natural/accomplished. Keep at it smile

Thanks smile I'm pretty new to all this so it all has to do with trial and error.

Dec 30 12 01:26 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Images by MR
Posts: 7,671
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada


Sadly I see nothing in your port worth keeping.

Just my thoughts ~ MR
Dec 30 12 01:39 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Miss-Marie-Mayhem
Posts: 65
Oxnard, California, US


Images by MR wrote:
Sadly I see nothing in your port worth keeping.

Just my thoughts ~ MR

Thanks for you opinion.

Well, I can't have an empty Port. I need to find some better photographers, and for me it takes alot of trial and error in learning to llama correctly as it is for everyone i'm sure unless there a natural. smile

Dec 30 12 01:43 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
V Luna Photography
Posts: 2,688
Phoenix, Arizona, US


Shoot more..learn from your mistake..Work with Professional Photographer that have great portfolio in your area..Make sure you read the model release..remember you don't have to sign it..if it's a TFCd shoot..have the photographer before you leave the studio..Shoot only what you are comfortable in doing..Shoot..shoot..
Dec 30 12 02:39 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Keith S Photography
Posts: 787
Lutherville-Timonium, Maryland, US


Fly out to Baltimore. For a very reasonable rate my partner Donna (mm#1400896) and I will coach you, host you, and give you enough images and knowledge to redo your port and start getting paid work. smile
Dec 31 12 12:48 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Miss-Marie-Mayhem
Posts: 65
Oxnard, California, US


Keith S Photography wrote:
Fly out to Baltimore. For a very reasonable rate my partner Donna (mm#1400896) and I will coach you, host you, and give you enough images and knowledge to redo your port and start getting paid work. smile

Sounds like a great idea, sadly I do not have the funds to fly out anywhere as well as not being able to leave even for a little while from my life here in Colorado. Otherwise I would say yes lets do it! - Maybe in the near future it ca be something discussed.

Please add me smile

Dec 31 12 12:17 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Miss-Marie-Mayhem
Posts: 65
Oxnard, California, US


Keith S Photography wrote:
Fly out to Baltimore. For a very reasonable rate my partner Donna (mm#1400896) and I will coach you, host you, and give you enough images and knowledge to redo your port and start getting paid work. smile

Sounds like a great idea, sadly I do not have the funds to fly out anywhere as well as not being able to leave even for a little while from my life here in Colorado. Otherwise I would say yes lets do it! - Maybe in the near future it ca be something discussed.

Please add me smile

Dec 31 12 12:17 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
EdwardKristopher
Posts: 3,375
Tempe, Arizona, US


Marie,

You have a really great look and I love the shot below.  You really need to find some photographers, in your area, and do some more shoots.  There is some beautiful potential that's going to look stunning!  :-)

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/121229/23/50dfecefbaec9.jpg
Jan 18 13 08:18 pm  Link  Quote 
  Search   Reply