login info join!
Forums > Critique > constructive critique for your port Search   Reply
12last
Photographer
Adam W Photography
Posts: 1,722
Toronto, Ontario, Canada


critique from a fashion director's point of view. what's working & what's not about your style/port.
Jan 11 13 04:23 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
NicoleNudes
Posts: 3,860
Toronto, Ontario, Canada


Shoot
Jan 11 13 04:23 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Adam W Photography
Posts: 1,722
Toronto, Ontario, Canada


NicoleNudes wrote:
Shoot

some artful pieces there nicole.  your avatar is your weakest shot though. curious why you have it?

Jan 11 13 04:28 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Rik Williams
Posts: 3,443
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia


Adam W Photography wrote:
critique from a fashion director's point of view. what's working & what's not about your style/port.

i know my portfolio is not fashion driven per-se. However an objective and constructive critique would be a wonderful gesture,
Thank you.

Jan 11 13 04:30 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Adam W Photography
Posts: 1,722
Toronto, Ontario, Canada


Rik Image wrote:

i know my portfolio is not fashion driven per-se. However an objective and constructive critique would be a wonderful gesture,
Thank you.

hey Rik, enjoyed your port - details are fantastic , as is the mystery behind your models. one thing though, it appears you are always standing 6-10 feet in front of your model , directly infront. ever thought of chaging up your angle?

great model selection, you get it that pretty does not equal fashion. thank goodness. watch the retouching.

Jan 11 13 04:34 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Michael Knight
Posts: 53
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US


im game
Jan 11 13 04:40 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
NicoleNudes
Posts: 3,860
Toronto, Ontario, Canada


Adam W Photography wrote:

some artful pieces there nicole.  your avatar is your weakest shot though. curious why you have it?

Personally I don't think it's a weak shot, which is why I have it.

But thank you for your opinion smile

Jan 11 13 04:41 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Adam W Photography
Posts: 1,722
Toronto, Ontario, Canada


Michael Knight wrote:
im game

exciting. great beauty work. editorially, there is a story in your beauty...well done.

I would stick with what you know  - there will be demand for your work.

Jan 11 13 04:44 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
HEATHER 19
Posts: 1,156
Boston, Massachusetts, US


Sounds Good
Jan 11 13 04:44 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Adam W Photography
Posts: 1,722
Toronto, Ontario, Canada


NicoleNudes wrote:
Personally I don't think it's a weak shot, which is why I have it.

But thank you for your opinion smile

welcome. I dont't think its a weak shot either. Its just the "weakest" of your portfolio, which is a rather strong one.

Jan 11 13 04:44 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
EPIC Productions
Posts: 2
Charlotte, North Carolina, US


I would appreciate your opinion.

My compliments to your work.
Jan 11 13 04:46 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Adam W Photography
Posts: 1,722
Toronto, Ontario, Canada


HEATHER 19 wrote:
Sounds Good

oh , there you are :http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/120322/06/4f6b2a3ff23c1_m.jpg

I picked that photo because it is you - be careful about resting on styling. I want to see more model from you.

Jan 11 13 04:47 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Fotografica Gregor
Posts: 4,119
Alexandria, Virginia, US


that's a different - and maybe valuable take -  so why not?
Jan 11 13 04:47 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Paige Morgan
Posts: 4,058
New York, New York, US


that's a fresh perspective! What do you have to say?
Jan 11 13 04:48 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Sibby S
Posts: 178
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia


sure smile
Jan 11 13 04:49 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Adam W Photography
Posts: 1,722
Toronto, Ontario, Canada


ePIC-Photography wrote:
I would appreciate your opinion.

My compliments to your work.

good start. watch your cropping/composition. this one should be replaced. I know why its in your book, but chose another studio shot.
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130108/12/50ec84927a9ce_m.jpg

otherwise, the lifestyle in you is strong, and thats a good thing. you show off both clothes and model well. a huge accomplishment and not easy to do.

Jan 11 13 04:49 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Jeneva Jones
Posts: 215
San Diego, California, US


I'd love to know your input
Jan 11 13 04:53 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Adam W Photography
Posts: 1,722
Toronto, Ontario, Canada


Fotografica Gregor wrote:
that's a different - and maybe valuable take -  so why not?

if i were a female model, I'd pay you to shoot me.

however, from a fashion perspective , this one really works for me:

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130109/20/50ee4751361ac_m.jpg

the others in your portfolio are great looking girls but I don't see too much more in them. actually there is another one of a girl in yellow pumps sitting on zebra, that I would publish.

you're the only one so far that I've looked more than once at your port. I want to like you. the thing is you seem to have technique down, just a lot of pretty girls..would you consider shooting men or more than one model? I think you would nail it.

just think of your viewer, would they want to be that girl or just be with that girl?

from a fd perspective, I should want to be in the shoes of your subject. cheers .

Jan 11 13 04:56 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Lauren-Eliza
Posts: 2
Davenport, Iowa, US


I'd love to know what you think of my port. Critiques are how we learn and how we better ourselves!

Thanks for your time! smile
Jan 11 13 04:57 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Adam W Photography
Posts: 1,722
Toronto, Ontario, Canada


Paige Morgan wrote:
that's a fresh perspective! What do you have to say?

lips lips lips. paige I would like to shoot you. move your tearsheets down. they should not be top row.

you've got a star quality. you inspire. I'd like to see you work with a really great gay photographer in new york.

I dont care to get into a debate about why gay photographers can shoot you better - they just can.

bottom line, you can sell any product and your audience will always want to know more about you - what product you use in your hair, who's dress you're wearing, what shoes you're wearing, etc. this is a model.

fantastic look.

Jan 11 13 05:01 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Adam W Photography
Posts: 1,722
Toronto, Ontario, Canada


Sibby S wrote:
sure smile

hey sibby, watch the photoshopping.

i want to see you.

Jan 11 13 05:02 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Adam W Photography
Posts: 1,722
Toronto, Ontario, Canada


Jeneva Jones wrote:
I'd love to know your input

hey jeneva, I think you'd be in demand for a lot of mm photographers.

I'd like to strip away the styling /hair / makeup and just see you.


bottom line, from a fd perspective I cant' sell you.

Jan 11 13 05:03 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Adam W Photography
Posts: 1,722
Toronto, Ontario, Canada


Lauren-Eliza wrote:
I'd love to know what you think of my port. Critiques are how we learn and how we better ourselves!

Thanks for your time! smile

exactly. you just said what most people sometimes never learn or want to learn.

would need to see more of you .

your avatar is a good choice right now. right now you should try and inspire your photographer to shoot you - not the scenery. this is so hard. once you do that, put that image in your port.

Jan 11 13 05:05 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Jeneva Jones
Posts: 215
San Diego, California, US


Adam W Photography wrote:

hey jeneva, I think you'd be in demand for a lot of mm photographers.

I'd like to strip away the styling /hair / makeup and just see you.


bottom line, from a fd perspective I cant' sell you.

Thank you. I'll keep that in mind smile

Jan 11 13 05:07 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Adam W Photography
Posts: 1,722
Toronto, Ontario, Canada


Jeneva Jones wrote:

Thank you. I'll keep that in mind smile

great.

Jan 11 13 05:09 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Paige Morgan
Posts: 4,058
New York, New York, US


Adam W Photography wrote:

lips lips lips. paige I would like to shoot you. move your tearsheets down. they should not be top row.

you've got a star quality. you inspire. I'd like to see you work with a really great gay photographer in new york.

I dont care to get into a debate about why gay photographers can shoot you better - they just can.

bottom line, you can sell any product and your audience will always want to know more about you - what product you use in your hair, who's dress you're wearing, what shoes you're wearing, etc. this is a model.

fantastic look.

Wow. I was not expecting that.

Thank you very much for the kind words, and if I'm ever in Toronto or you are in New York, let's make that shoot happen smile

~blushes~

Jan 11 13 05:11 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Adam W Photography
Posts: 1,722
Toronto, Ontario, Canada


Paige Morgan wrote:

Wow. I was not expecting that.

Thank you very much for the kind words, and if I'm ever in Toronto or you are in New York, let's make that shoot happen smile

~blushes~

you're welcome. I think i'm wrapping up soon.

Jan 11 13 05:14 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Carson B
Posts: 141
Oxnard, California, US


smile if you have time I'd love some feed back!
Jan 11 13 05:49 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Byron Chua
Posts: 231
Manila, National Capital Region, Philippines


smile
Jan 11 13 05:53 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Daniel Pierce
Posts: 629
Burbank, California, US


Go for it man. Don't mind brutality.

Thanks.
Jan 11 13 05:55 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Dan Brady
Posts: 609
Perth, Western Australia, Australia


Yes please
Jan 11 13 05:58 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Maggie Xia
Posts: 452
Atlanta, Georgia, US


Please take a look at my port. I could really use some expert critique smile

Thank you!
Jan 11 13 06:14 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
dhp
Posts: 111
San Francisco, California, US


would love a critique! thanks
Jan 11 13 06:16 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Paul Tirado Photography
Posts: 4,240
New York, New York, US


Take a look if you can. Thanks.
Jan 11 13 06:21 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Lauren-Eliza
Posts: 2
Davenport, Iowa, US


Adam W Photography wrote:

exactly. you just said what most people sometimes never learn or want to learn.

would need to see more of you .

your avatar is a good choice right now. right now you should try and inspire your photographer to shoot you - not the scenery. this is so hard. once you do that, put that image in your port.

yeah he's a little newer so he's still getting everything down. i've got some stuff planned with more photogs coming up soon so it shall be exciting to have some new stuff! smile

Jan 11 13 07:12 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
J A Clarke Photography
Posts: 225
New York, New York, US


I'll take a punch. smile
Jan 11 13 07:24 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Rik Williams
Posts: 3,443
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia


Adam W Photography wrote:

hey Rik, enjoyed your port - details are fantastic , as is the mystery behind your models. one thing though, it appears you are always standing 6-10 feet in front of your model , directly infront. ever thought of chaging up your angle?

great model selection, you get it that pretty does not equal fashion. thank goodness. watch the retouching.

Thank you, I appreciate your feedback smile

Yes that does seem apparent smile I will add some other angles to my portfolio.
Do you have any particulars regarding my retouching... It's an ever evolving process

Jan 11 13 07:40 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Cyn Michelle
Posts: 80
Vallejo, California, US


Go for it! :-)
Jan 11 13 07:41 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Caprice Rutherford
Posts: 8
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada


lets hear smile
Jan 11 13 07:54 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Square Jaw Photography
Posts: 363
Odenton, Maryland, US


Lay it on me!
Jan 11 13 08:02 pm  Link  Quote 
12last   Search   Reply