Not as good as your target image (an actual sketch), but something like it ...
1. duplicate background image
2. put a B/W adjustment layer above that
3. convert the duplicate into a smart object
4. change blend mode of the duplicate to Divide
5. apply Gaussian blur to the duplicate (the smart object allows you to re-adjust the blur)
Experiment with the B/W sliders to fine-tune the effect. You can also paint with black on the smart filter mask to apply the blur selectively -- for instance paint it out to remove gradients in the skin tones.
EDIT: Another approach described here