login info join!
Forums > Critique > Serious Critique > Critique? Search   Reply
Model
Rebels Angel
Posts: 28
Lilburn, Georgia, US


I would really appreciate it if I could get some opinions on my port.. Which pics are my best and which pics need to go?
Jan 14 13 05:09 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
NewBoldPhoto
Posts: 4,897
PORT MURRAY, New Jersey, US


Rebels Angel wrote:
I would really appreciate it if I could get some opinions on my port.. Which pics are my best and which pics need to go?

Wow... ok do yourself and everyone else a favor and pick your favorite one image from each look.
Or
If you aren't sure what to look for in an image pick one set and we can discuss that.

Jan 14 13 06:30 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Rebels Angel
Posts: 28
Lilburn, Georgia, US


NewBoldPhoto wrote:

Wow... ok do yourself and everyone else a favor and pick your favorite one image from each look.
Or
If you aren't sure what to look for in an image pick one set and we can discuss that.

Let me rephrase my question. Which ones do you think are my strongest and which are my weakest?
If you are not going to offer any real help then kindly do not reply.

Jan 14 13 06:44 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
NewBoldPhoto
Posts: 4,897
PORT MURRAY, New Jersey, US


Rebels Angel wrote:
Let me rephrase my question. Which ones do you think are my strongest and which are my weakest?
If you are not going to offer any real help then kindly do not reply.

Let me rephrase my response- you have 137 images many of which are duplicates or very similar- that's too many. Edit them down to a reasonable number and then we can discuss them or pick a set of images to discuss and we can work on that.
If you don't want to listen to the help offered why do you post? You were told the same thing last time. http://www.modelmayhem.com/po.php?thread_id=862082

Jan 14 13 07:18 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Rebels Angel
Posts: 28
Lilburn, Georgia, US


And I did it then. You obviously still did not understand what I asked when I asked for help so again if you do not want to help me then kindly do not reply. I have asked for help several times and noone wants to help.
Jan 14 13 07:52 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
DVP Photography
Posts: 2,854
Broomfield, Colorado, US


Your port is a mind numbing blend of similar images, poses, and looks. It is impossible to give you a critique or suggestion as to best/worst images.  Pare down to what you think is the best image from each set and ask your question.  It not that I don't want to help, you make it impossible to help you.
Jan 14 13 09:23 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
John Jebbia
Posts: 27,612
Phoenix, Arizona, US


Albert's album is best.
Jan 14 13 09:33 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Orca Bay Images
Posts: 32,233
Lodi, California, US


Keep these:
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/121014/20/507b885eb8acb_m.jpg
and
http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/30283781 18+
and
http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/30283743 18+



Dump the rest. Seriously.

You've got way too many rendundancies and bad shots.
Jan 14 13 11:13 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Rebels Angel
Posts: 28
Lilburn, Georgia, US


Orca Bay Images wrote:
Keep these:
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/121014/20/507b885eb8acb_m.jpg
and
http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/30283781 18+
and
http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/30283743 18+



Dump the rest. Seriously.

You've got way too many rendundancies and bad shots.

thank you for understanding what I was asking and helping me.

Jan 15 13 12:07 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Orca Bay Images
Posts: 32,233
Lodi, California, US


Rebels Angel wrote:
thank you for understanding what I was asking and helping me.

You're welcome. But you really should be more flexible and less of a control-freak when it comes to demanding that feedback be delivered in a specific format asking for feedback. Several people gave you perfectly sound feedback/advice and you threw it back in one person's face.

Jan 15 13 02:25 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Rebels Angel
Posts: 28
Lilburn, Georgia, US


Not to sound rude but have you heard the saying "its not what you say its how you say it" when the person struck me as not understanding what i was saying i rephrased my question. Then the person caught an attitude so I just ignored the response and waited for someone else to respond. And if I could do what that person suggested and choose my fav image from each set I would not have had to create this thread asking for help choosing which images I need to take out of my port.
Jan 15 13 03:49 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
DavidCoward Photography
Posts: 629
Sandy Springs, Georgia, US


Rebels Angel wrote:
Not to sound rude but have you heard the saying "its not what you say its how you say it" when the person struck me as not understanding what i was saying i rephrased my question. Then the person caught an attitude so I just ignored the response and waited for someone else to respond. And if I could do what that person suggested and choose my fav image from each set I would not have had to create this thread asking for help choosing which images I need to take out of my port.

I think you're missing the point. You posted a request for people to help you pick your best of 137 photos. Don't you think you're asking a lot? That's what NewBoldPhoto told you in his first response. He wasn't rude, he was straightforward. YOU chose to cop an attitude about it.

People don't have the time to look through all your images and advise you on them. Normally when people post on this forum asking for critique, they limit it to a handful of photos. You posted back in October and were given the same advice. Ignoring said advice is a waste of everyone's time, including yours.

As someone already told you in October, you have some low key shots at the end of your port that are decent. Everything else needs to go.

Jan 15 13 04:34 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Rebels Angel
Posts: 28
Lilburn, Georgia, US


I didnt cop an attitude. I did what was suggested in October. So dont jump to the conclusion that I didnt.
Jan 16 13 12:24 am  Link  Quote 
  Search   Reply



main | browse | casting/travel | forums | shout box | help | advertising | contests | share | join the mayhem

more modelmayhem on: | | | edu

©2006-2014 ModelMayhem.com. All Rights Reserved.
MODEL MAYHEM is a registered trademark.
Toggle Worksafe Mode: Off | On
Terms | Privacy | Careers