login info join!
Forums > General Industry > Petition about " him " is getting legs ... Search   Reply
first891011
Photographer
Shot By Adam
Posts: 5,556
Las Vegas, Nevada, US


Natalia_Taffarel wrote:

I have more people seeing my posts in FB and, believe me, I have no posts with words like "rapist" or "minors"

Ditto. What's your point?

Nov 07 13 10:57 am  Link  Quote 
Retoucher
Natalia_Taffarel
Posts: 7,576
Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires, Argentina


Shot By Adam wrote:

Ditto. What's your point?

12.000 means nothing.

You didn't state SOME PEOPLE WILL THINK THAT, you stated EVERYONE WILL THINK THAT. Guess what... 12.000 could be all virgins and extreme feminists and grannys.

Not even close of having the smallest chance to be called not even on the same neighborhood as "everyone"

Nov 07 13 11:03 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Shot By Adam
Posts: 5,556
Las Vegas, Nevada, US


Natalia_Taffarel wrote:

12.000 means nothing.

You didn't state SOME PEOPLE WILL THINK THAT, you stated EVERYONE WILL THINK THAT. Guess what... 12.000 could be all virgins and extreme feminists and grannys.

Not even close of having the smallest chance to be called not even on the same neighborhood as "everyone"

My exact quote was, "It doesn't make me think that either, but it certainly will make some people think that."

I said "some" people, not "everyone".

Nov 07 13 11:12 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
udor
Posts: 21,819
New York, New York, US


Shot By Adam wrote:
I'm just saying it has an adverse impact, that's all. Nothing more, nothing less. //snip//

If you have a different opinion as to whether or not Terry's antics have an adverse impact on our industry, you are welcome to that opinion.

Dear Adam;

I don't want to do a back and forth with you... and no dick measuring contest, because I don't have interest in that!

You have stated that your business, which is not fashion (maybe some) is affected by TR, because a model got scared by the warnings of her girlfriend, because of TR...

The following is a previous response I have written to you, which you might have overlooked.

But, for me, who works in the same industry as TR, which is fashion... in the same geographic location NYC (not cross continent), there is no negative impact. But it's written below, if you care reading it:

Shot By Adam wrote:
He most certainly has an impact on my industry as he does in yours and every photographer out there who's shooting models professionally in any capacity. Just because it isn't obvious to you doesn't mean it's not happening.
Robert Randall wrote:
The fact that you work in circles that involve themselves with thoughts of TR, just points out how far apart your industry and mine really are. To be really honest, I fear my clients reading my posts way more than them knowing TR and I are photographers.

I'd like to point out that I do work in the fashion industry, I shoot NY Fashion Week, work with designers and agency models and for online as well as print magazines... basically the exact same field that TR is working in, even in the same town. Except of course that he is famous and I am not, he shoots for major fashion clients and mine are small to midsized and he makes a crap load of serious money, and I am not (yet).

I shot with models who worked with TR, I've met him during fashion week a few years back, etc., and I have to say that I do not see ANY NEGATIVE EFFECT of TR's antics on clients or models in the mainstream fashion industry.

For example, I just shot an editorial for the online magazine New York Girl Style with clothing provided by the luxury brand Andrew Marc with models from APM Models in New York..., there was absolutely not even the slightest shadow of TR appearing on the horizon during the shoot... everything as usual.

Was a fun shoot, photos came out great, first article is scheduled to be published tomorrow (Thursday, Nov. 07).

To make a long story short and to repeat myself... TR has no effect on my end of the industry.

Nov 07 13 11:44 am  Link  Quote 
Retoucher
Natalia_Taffarel
Posts: 7,576
Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires, Argentina


Shot By Adam wrote:
I just had a conversation this morning with a model who had to inform me that she she will be required to bring an "escort" to all her shoots. Why? Because her friend scared the hell out of her because she saw a bunch of articles about TR and has now concluded that all photographers are rapists and sex offenders. That's what people like Terry do to this industry. Laugh all you want, it doesn't change the fact that he's giving the industry, as a whole, a bad name.

Just because SOME people will think that it gives the WHOLE industry a bad name?

Something doesn't add up between what you say and what you say you say.

Shot By Adam wrote:
hen people like Terry defame the industry he is in, it makes it a pain for everyone else.

For everyone? or you with "some" people who happen to call themselves models?


You didn't write "everyone" or you edited it - but you certainly implied the people who think that are a group big enough to RUIN IT for everyone.

Nov 07 13 02:04 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Shot By Adam
Posts: 5,556
Las Vegas, Nevada, US


udor wrote:

Shot By Adam wrote:
I'm just saying it has an adverse impact, that's all. Nothing more, nothing less. //snip//

If you have a different opinion as to whether or not Terry's antics have an adverse impact on our industry, you are welcome to that opinion.

Dear Adam;

I don't want to do a back and forth with you... and no dick measuring contest, because I don't have interest in that!

You have stated that your business, which is not fashion (maybe some) is affected by TR, because a model got scared by the warnings of her girlfriend, because of TR...

The following is a previous response I have written to you, which you might have overlooked.

But, for me, who works in the same industry as TR, which is fashion... in the same geographic location NYC (not cross continent), there is no negative impact. But it's written below, if you care reading it:

Shot By Adam wrote:
He most certainly has an impact on my industry as he does in yours and every photographer out there who's shooting models professionally in any capacity. Just because it isn't obvious to you doesn't mean it's not happening.

I'd like to point out that I do work in the fashion industry, I shoot NY Fashion Week, work with designers and agency models and for online as well as print magazines... basically the exact same field that TR is working in, even in the same town. Except of course that he is famous and I am not, he shoots for major fashion clients and mine are small to midsized and he makes a crap load of serious money, and I am not (yet).

I shot with models who worked with TR, I've met him during fashion week a few years back, etc., and I have to say that I do not see ANY NEGATIVE EFFECT of TR's antics on clients or models in the mainstream fashion industry.

For example, I just shot an editorial for the online magazine New York Girl Style with clothing provided by the luxury brand Andrew Marc with models from APM Models in New York..., there was absolutely not even the slightest shadow of TR appearing on the horizon during the shoot... everything as usual.

Was a fun shoot, photos came out great, first article is scheduled to be published tomorrow (Thursday, Nov. 07).

To make a long story short and to repeat myself... TR has no effect on my end of the industry.

I think I glazed over your response but upon reading it again I appreciate and respect your candor and I definitely see your point. Maybe I'm wrong on this, but I often believe that the positive or negative actions of famous individuals in an industry do have an impact on that industry in some capacity. It's a lot like the butterfly effect in many ways.

Nov 07 13 02:57 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
udor
Posts: 21,819
New York, New York, US


Shot By Adam wrote:

I think I glazed over your response but upon reading it again I appreciate and respect your candor and I definitely see your point. Maybe I'm wrong on this, but I often believe that the positive or negative actions of famous individuals in an industry do have an impact on that industry in some capacity. It's a lot like the butterfly effect in many ways.

I understand where your thought process is coming from..., but if this doesn't let you affect you and just go on with your normal business... you'll get "your" kind of clients... smile

Nov 08 13 12:55 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Garry k
Posts: 26,777
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada


Natalia_Taffarel wrote:
12.000 means nothing.

You didn't state SOME PEOPLE WILL THINK THAT, you stated EVERYONE WILL THINK THAT. Guess what... 12.000 could be all virgins and extreme feminists and grannys.

Not even close of having the smallest chance to be called not even on the same neighborhood as "everyone"

Agreed

12.000 isn't even statistically significant

Compare the petition to this Youtube( music )  video that has gone viral - and  has nearly 10,000.000 views in the same time period ( and the song isn't even on the radio )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZMbTFNp4wI

Nov 08 13 07:28 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Absolute Deviant
Posts: 12
Little Rock, Arkansas, US


Meh, this article wasn't that bad, not much new info and it did actually print that most of these stories are over 7 years old, which is better than alot of the bs out there.

And yes 12000 signatures is nothing, and doesn't mean gaining traction for anything.
Nov 17 13 08:00 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Mikey McMichaels
Posts: 1,819
New York, New York, US


Shot By Adam wrote:

I think I glazed over your response but upon reading it again I appreciate and respect your candor and I definitely see your point. Maybe I'm wrong on this, but I often believe that the positive or negative actions of famous individuals in an industry do have an impact on that industry in some capacity. It's a lot like the butterfly effect in many ways.

It's people's beliefs about the fashion and modeling industry that lead them to believe unsubstantiated allegations about Terry, not the other way around.

Nov 18 13 01:13 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
I M N Photography
Posts: 2,299
New York, New York, US


annie lomowitz wrote:
Not that it matters a twitch, but under the assumption that this is not a debate but a fight, here is some booze:

"Catholicism has experienced the greatest net losses as a result of affiliation changes. While nearly one-in-three Americans (31%) were raised in the Catholic faith, today fewer than one-in-four (24%) describe themselves as Catholic. These losses would have been even more pronounced were it not for the offsetting impact of immigration. The Landscape Survey finds that among the foreign-born adult population, Catholics outnumber Protestants by nearly a two-to-one margin (46% Catholic vs. 24% Protestant); among native-born Americans, on the other hand, the statistics show that Protestants outnumber Catholics by an even larger margin (55% Protestant vs. 21% Catholic). Immigrants are also disproportionately represented among several world religions in the U.S., including Islam, Hinduism and Buddhism."

PEW| religious landscape survey

=====

Has anyone just thought to present their views to TR? His studio is easy to find, and he is a creature of simple habits -- same coffee shop, same pizza hangout --

====

In the winter it is ice, in the spring it turns to water. It may change, but it is still the same.

Not looking to pick a fight (plenty of body parts flying around here), but everytime I see quotes about the decline of Catholicism in America, I can't help but cringe.

America has always been a country where the majority of the population was Protestant.

That's right, folks. The Catholic Church is big, but not "Universal" as its name implies.

Sure, immigration from countries that are culturally Catholic does affect the numbers, but remember that JFK was the first, and if I'm correct, ONLY CATHOLIC PRESIDENT. That was not by accident...

Mikey McMichaels wrote:
It's people's [ERRONEOUS] beliefs about the fashion and modeling industry that lead them to believe unsubstantiated allegations about Terry, not the other way around.

Getting back on topic, what is the deal with all of these threads about Terry Richardson???

You would think he's the anti-Christ or something.
For all of those that think he is ruining their livelihood... Yes. He too will pass.

In the meantime:

Like everyone else here, he only has 24 hours in a day.

He can only be hired for one gig at a time.

Go find yourselves the few other gigs that exist in the world, because it seems like he gets blamed almost every other day, for taking away everyone's livelihood.

Nov 18 13 08:29 pm  Link  Quote 
first891011   Search   Reply



main | browse | casting/travel | forums | shout box | help | advertising | contests | share | join the mayhem

more modelmayhem on: | | | edu

©2006-2014 ModelMayhem.com. All Rights Reserved.
MODEL MAYHEM is a registered trademark.
Toggle Worksafe Mode: Off | On
Terms | Privacy | Careers