Fine Art Nudes:
You can find more of a comprehensive overview of my fine art nude work at: www.tomsuhlerfineart.com
. Be sure to checkout the video in the "Behind the Scenes" section. This will give you a good idea how I like to work.
I am always either shooting or preparing for my next fine art nude project. This work will continue for the next four or five years. Many of the shoots are done in the Austin area. If you are interested in working with me please contact me by email or pm. I pay my subjects for these shoots. I don't work for free and don't expect anyone else to either. Here is some of what I'm looking for:
• Dance Experience ( ballet, modern, ... )
• Gymnastic Experience
• Height and weight proportionate.
• You must be physically fit. (The shoots can be physically demanding and can run for 6 hours or more.)
• No or very few tattoos
• Willingness to work with others in a collaborative nature
• Bring ideas to the shoot. (I want to collaborate.)
Photographs from my (e)Motion and Winding Creek collections are on exhibit at "Exposure Fine Art Gallery and Studio" in Austin, Texas and 530 Burns Gallery in Sarasota, Florida. Exposure's website: www.exposurefineartgallery.com
530 Burns website: www.530burnsgallery.com
"UnVeiled" discusses my use of nudity, beauty, layers and story in creating imagery to engage the observer on both emotional and intellectual levels. It also shows how changing perspective affects not only how we view art but also the world at large. The book’s more than fifty images almost read more like sculpture than photography, with each offering a striking perspective on beauty, nature, interdependence, and disconnect. For more information: www.tomsuhlerfineart.com/tom-suhler-fine-art-books.php
• Nude Nite – Tampa
selected my photograph, "Seis Trace". This juried show draws thousands of fine art enthusiasts and artist from around the country.
• Nude Nite – Orlando
selected my photograph, "Faberge". Now in its 13th year, this juried show draws thousands of entries from around the world.
• My photograph "Neophlyte" has been chosen for Lexington Art League’s Nude 2011
. This annual exhibition has been called the largest and farthest-reaching annual juried exhibitions in North America solely dedicated to figurative art.
• The International Photography Awards competition has bestowed an honorable mention on one of Tom Suhler’s nude photos from his (e)Motion collection. The IPA contest is one of the most celebrated juried photo competitions in the world, with this year’s 15,000 submissions originating in 130 countries.
• The "Modern Image --- First China International Internet-based Photography Competition" has selected three photographs from Tom Suhler’s (e)Motion collection for exhibition in the 2010 International Orange Photo Festival in Changsha City later this month. Suhler's images were chosen from a group of more than 30,000 entries from 30 countries.
Fine Art Nude Photographs
I co-illustrated a book on lighting for glamour photography that was published by Amherst Media in July 2010. Below are several photographs that were published.