Hello! My name is Courtney and I am no newbie to make-up art. I have had an interest since I was younger but I did not see my potential until I turned 20.
I completed my Make-up Artistry Course with Eveline Charles Academy in Edmonton, AB with what would be considered as honors (100% on the written, 99% on the application of skills) in May 2009. Since then I have had the privilege of working with some very talented photographers and Models.
I decided to join Model Mayhem to expand my clientele base, to get as much experience as I can, and get as many opportunities to work with like minded professionals as I can. I want to be considered as a serious contender in the world of make-up art.
I love any type of make-up style (gothic, natural, evening, bridal, retro glam, etc). I have branched into body painting a tiny bit. Once I get more settled, I want to learn how to airbrush make-up and body paint, and possibly learn more special effects make-up. I also do a few limited things with hair (Braiding, Curling, messy styles), I do NOT cut or color professionally.
If you wish to book me for a shoot, either use my contact e-mail or message me directly via the messaging system through model mayhem.
I am usually available for evening or weekend bookings as long as ample notification is given. If not, I cannot guarantee I will make it.
SHOOTS I WOULD KILL TO DO!
- Repo: The Genetic Opera Inspired
- Make-up through the Ages
- Greek Gods/Goddesses
- ZOMBIE! UNDEAD! DEMON! Grrr Argh!
- B-grade 80's Horror movie poster recreations
- Alice in Wonderland
- Science Fiction
I WANT TO DO IT ALL!!!!
I also plan to start my own business, and call it Glamazon Beauty, but all in time. I want to try and get a sure footing in the industry before I take on starting my own business. One foot in front of the other.
Weekends - Usually available all day if needed
weekdays - I work until 4:30 in the downtown area, so I bus it there. Unless you want to wait until about 6 o'clock in the evening to make it to the shoot, I might require transportation.
Holiday Weekends - Usually I am unavailable, but please ask anyways, I might just be available.
So after conversations with other MUA's and a lot of thought, I have decided on a few things.
1) I am starting to get a blog in the works, if anyone would be willing to help, maybe a trade of services would be in order? Or a you do the work, I cook the food sort of deal? I want to make it stand out!
2) BUSINESS CARDS! OMG! I need them SO BAD! But I am terrible with Designing. If someone would be willing to brainstorm with me and help me create a template for some business cards, I would be eternally greatful! I will pay if need be!
3) I am no longer taking any TFP after the 22nd of September, 2010 (September Fashion Week). I have a decent portfolio, I have the skills, people have seen my work, and now I am at the point where I cannot keep doing what I love if I am not getting some income from it. I will however take select TFP shoots depending on the concept and if I feel it will add to my portfolio. Pricing has been updated and it is viewable on my website.
4) Contracts, MUAH HA HA HA HA HA! I am going to start having clients sign contracts for me to do make-up. It protects my behind and it also protects the person who is getting the work done. It will need to be signed before any work is done, and if it is a paying client, a deposit of half the fee will be needed up front before I will book an appointment.
5) Bookings - I can say that I have had a good and a bad time with this. I am not impressed that I make sure I have a clear day for a shoot and either the model doesn't show up, or the photographer cancels at the last possible minute, yadda yadda, etc. There are instances where I totally understand (Weather is really bad for an outdoor shoot, family emergency, car broke down on the freeway, etc). So this is how it is going to work from now on.
For TFP - You get a few chances, if you cancel on me three times without warning, I will require a deposit prior to the shoot date. If you show, you get 100% of your deposit back. This applies to Photographers and Models.
For Paid Work - A deposit is required before I will agree to shoot. If the person shows up, the deposit goes towards the total cost of the service. If the person does not show up, I keep the deposit. My time is worth something to me.
6) Cancellations - I require 2 days notice of any cancellations that may occur. This allows me to possibly set-up another appointment, or to plan my day doing other things with my peeps.
7) APPLIES TO MODELS ONLY, PHOTOGRAPHERS SHOULD KNOW THIS THOUGH - Please show up with a clean face. If I have to take the time to wash the make-up off of your face, it wastes your time, my time, the photographers time, and the time of other models. Everytime I am required to wash your make-up off, I will require a $10 dollar fee, whether it if TFP or not. Or else no make-up will be done. Don't disrespect me and what I do by not coming with a clean face. Even a little concelaer is fine, anything like black eyeliner or mascara is just rude.
If anyone has any issues with what I have laid out, for sure talk to me and maybe I will change my game plan, but this is how it stands as of now.
thank you for your co-operation.