Pats PhotographyPhotographer Male Vidalia, Georgia, US
My Website: Pat's PhotographyMy MM URL: http://www.modelmayhem.com/PatsPhotography
Mayhem # 1495810
About MeGreetings to all you wonderful creative professionals. I look to meet a lot of interesting people here on MM. Thank you for taking time to visit this creative sanctuary. Feel free to make yourself at home and browse around a bit!!!
Now for the ever morphing list of "Rules for Engagement."
1. I USED to welcome nonintrusive escorts that understand they may be put to good use- ie holding a reflector or a difusser, carrying equipment, or just there to make the model feel confident and comfortable. However, I have had to retract my willingness to allow people not involved in the shoot to be on set. I have a mom, sister, and daughter that I love dearly so I understand the need to feel safe. But as a photographer, who is on a budget for time, please understand that escorts more often than not are a distraction. And if your escort is your insecure boyfriend or jealous husband who professes to be your manager or bodyguard, don't bother scheduling a shoot. I have had one shoot too many where my safety could have been in question and I won't take the chance on it happening again.
2. Don't ask for same day prints, cd's, or copyrights!!! It won't happen. My name rides on every image I shoot therefore I will screen them all!!!
3. If you are in your teens, or even look close to it, I won't shoot with you unless your parents are here and sign a consent form. I do love my freedom and they don't make young girls like the did when I was growing up!!! Ask Lawerence Taylor what happens when you "think" they are 19.
4. I can't work with those that are egoticstical models or flakes!!! You know who you are.
5. I am a photographer not a modeling coach. I will work with all people who have a creative spirit amatuer or pro, but don't rely on me to model for you!!! But having said that, my best experience was with a model that had absolutely no experience so it is not a requirement to be highly experience professional!!!
6. Please take the time to stlye your hair, do your nails, and have a plan for makeup before you arrive for the shoot. Also, it helps if you put some thought into your wardrobe as it pertains to the objectives of the shoot. It takes too much time to photoshop you to perfection if there is something that could have been taken care of prior to the shoot. I get this far too much, "I did not know the pictures were going to come out that nice, I wish that I would have..." EXCEPTION: IF WE HAVE HAIR, MAKEUP, AND OR WARDROBE PROVIDED... THEN AND ONLY THEN YOU CAN SHOW READY TO GET YOUR MAKE OVER. Be professional. Be prepared.
7. If you respond to a note that I have sent or desire to get together for a shoot, please be prepared to provide your in state contact information, a valid phone number, an email address so that I can forward the final product, and PROOF THAT YOU ARE HOW OLD YOU SAY YOU ARE!!!
8. If you want to quote me on your rates and tell me how I am getting such a good deal to have the opportunity to work with you, I would hope first and foremost that I contacted you initially- which means you have posted work that illustrates that you are an accomplished talent, are extremely beautiful AND know how to approach your craft, or you have some unique, rare talent that can't be duplicated. Last I checked there are almost a half a million models and other professionals here looking to work together for what ever motivates them. If you are motivated solely by money, I probably don't want to ever work with you. I am not against models getting paid for their talent- we all hope for that in one form or another. Who doesn't want to get compensated for their work? But I will only pay a model if we are BOTH making money from a paying client (ie a published shoot), OR you are so beautiful AND talented that I just have to work with you (rare but very possible). You see I am an artist too, and long after the shoot is over I will still be working towards producing THAT image. To suggest that I should invest time to do a shoot with you, pay you for your whatever (talent, willingness to undress, travel, ect), and give you a copy of all the images from the shoot along with a release of copyright devalues my talent. Maybe I should be quoting you my rates???
9. If we are shooting TF, my only expectation is that we respect the opinions and desires of each other. Neither professional should feel they "call the shots." I want to be a professional that is sensative to the needs of others and I would like that to be reciprocated.
10. Travel. I have come to the conclusion that to get what I really want out of a model and for the work that I wish to present, I may have to import talent for lack of a better term. Each region only has so much to choose from in the talent pool. So I have come to the realization that I may have to reach out to some models outside of my area. I may have to travel or meet you somewhere to get a desired look on location. If that is the case, I don't mind making arrangements to reimburst you or share the expense for travel. But if you think I will prepay you having never seen you, give you my credit card number, credit your paypal account, or somehow send you any form of prepayment- I am not your photographer. It only takes one model not to show up for a gig to ruin it for everyone.
Flag Counter Added June 10th, 2013
Have you worked with Pats Photography? Add Credits for Pats Photography! >>