Hi there. I'm an editorial and commercial photographer in the SF bay area.
• My primary motivation in making photographs is to produce an image that makes the viewer stop and blurt out "what's that?" or "how'd you do that" or simply "whoah!"
• My secondary motivation is to end up with a picture that isn't contained within the frame. Something that tells a story. That makes demands on the viewer to figure out what happens next.
Because I know that reading a ton of text is usually too much to ask, I've distilled my profile down to bullet points of the most important info. I'm always willing to discuss these points, so feel free to drop me a line.
• no escorts, please
. I'm happy to say hello to the person who gave you a ride, but an extra person on-set is a distraction as well as an insurance risk. (if you're under 18, no shoots without a parent or guardian present)
• I reserve my friends list for people who I have worked with or plan to work with in the near future
, but I welcome tags, lists, and comments! (seriously, if the first thing I get from you is a friend request, I will assume you don't read things, which is a problem, because anyone I work with will have to read contracts)
• I view a person's messaging habits as an indicator of their reliability.
• My ultimate goal is to facilitate a positive, professional experience for everyone involved. I make the assumption that you share this goal, and I look forward to achieving it with you.
I'm currently shooting TFP for the projects listed below. Please view my TFP terms
if you're interested in a shoot of that nature and have something that you can offer. I treat TFP shoots as seriously as paid assignments; there will be craft services, paperwork, and a strict call-time.
If you have an interest in one of these concepts and would like to submit yourself for consideration (either as a model, MUAH, grip, etc), then please message me and tell me about yourself and which project(s) you're interested in (but please don't be hurt if I don't reply right away).
I would greatly prefer TFP, as these are all personal projects.
If you are dying to work on one of these projects with me, the best way to fast-track a shoot is to help in setting up the rest of the crew, scouting locations, and collaborating on styling. This works best as a team effort.
(details are sparse so as to foil idea-poachers):
a + denotes "high production value and lots of planning"
Fantastical "Fashion" Editorial
+ Gothic Lolita in a sculpted garden (sour but versatile look required)
++ Elegant dress + sword in brackish water (not for the squeamish; the location is a bit algae-y)
Japanese ghost (Yūrei or Oni - lots of styling required. Asian model preferred)
Outdoor Escher-esque staircase (open styling - your ideas?)
Dead girl / corpse (cause of death TBD. email for details. MUA will be used)
Epic superhero (flowing cape, dramatic light, the works. stunning physique required)
+ Underground tunnel; shadows, roots, dirt (to actually be shot in a studio. don't worry)
Mermaid / Water nymph on rubble by the ocean
celebrity pursued by paparazzi (in public)
+ celebrity adored by a dozen suitors (posh location needed)
+ Runway fashion on a broken wall
+ nude or implied nude with geometric bodypainting (2-step shoot; very neat concept! msg for details)
+ game night (poker etc.; maxim-style)
+ on the streets (early-morning with a very strong female subject)
+ workout (glamour model paired with fitness model)