Hi there. I'm an editorial and commercial photographer in the SF bay area.
• My primary motivation in making photographs is to produce an image that makes the viewer stop and blurt out "what's that?" or "how'd you do that" or simply "whoah!"
• My secondary motivation is to end up with a picture that isn't contained within the frame. Something that tells a story. That makes demands on the viewer to figure out what happens next.
Because I know that reading a ton of text is usually too much to ask, I've distilled my profile down to bullet points of the most important info. I'm always willing to discuss these points, so feel free to drop me a line.
• no escorts, please
. I'm happy to say hello to the person who gave you a ride, but an extra person on-set is a distraction as well as an insurance risk. (if you're under 18, no shoots without a parent or guardian present)
• I reserve my friends list for people who I have worked with or plan to work with in the near future
, but I welcome tags, lists, and comments! (seriously, if the first thing I get from you is a friend request, I will assume you don't read things, which is a problem, because anyone I work with will have to read contracts)
• I view a person's messaging habits as an indicator of their reliability.
• My ultimate goal is to facilitate a positive, professional experience for everyone involved. I make the assumption that you share this goal, and I look forward to achieving it with you.
I'm currently shooting TFP for the projects listed below. Please view my TFP terms
if you're interested in a shoot of that nature and have something that you can offer. I treat TFP shoots as seriously as paid assignments; there will be craft services, paperwork, and a strict call-time.
Open Projects Updated Aug '14
If you have an interest in one of these concepts and would like to submit yourself for consideration (either as a model, MUAH, grip, etc), then please message me and tell me about yourself and which project(s) you're interested in.
I would greatly prefer TFP, as these are all personal projects, but I cover travel expenses.
If you are dying to fast-track a shoot, it helps to assist in setting up the rest of the crew, scouting locations, and collaborating on styling. This works best as a team effort.
(details are sparse so as to foil poachers; I can elaborate in detail once we're in contact):
Most of my concepts are fairly high production value, but I also welcome the opportunity to just do a casual photo walk with a subject to see what kinds of concepts we can uncover
Fantastical "Fashion" Editorial
• Gothic Lolita in a sculpted garden (sour but versatile look required)
• Flowing dress in brackish water (not for the squeamish; the location is a bit algae-y)
• Outdoor Escher-esque staircase ("sweet" girl with a dark side)
• Game night (poker, billiards, etc.; maxim-style)
• Workout (glamour model paired with another fitness model)
• Killer dame with leather, guns, and a sword
• Sexy hitchhiker with a twist
• Hippy/stoner chick
• nude or implied nude with geometric bodypainting (2-step shoot; very neat concept with forced perspective)
• General classical art nudes/experimentation
• Deconstruction of fashion editiorials with unconventional wardrobe