I am a full-time Photographer based in Washington DC area specializing in events and portraiture.
WORKSHOP: Light[werks] - the lighting techniques of Mickle Design Werks
Cost -$75 (PayPal: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Limit 12 attendees
For Photographer's starting out, lighting seems to be one of those things that frustrating to learn.
I believe lighting doesn't have to be a complicated beast and given simple, easy to follow techniques based on a few principles to guide your lighting decision making it can become very simple and easy to manage.
With This workshop I want to share with you my lighting system. This system was born from years of gleaning tips, tricks and techniques from some of the best photographers in the industry. I want to share
with you what I've distill down to practical hacks for creating the light you need and controlling the light that you that you have to make images that you want to shoot. You don't need expensive equipment, just the knowledge to know when that's needed and learning how to make due with what you have available to you.
During this workshop we will go over the following:
- Basic principles of light and how it behaves
- My lighting and shooting philosophy
- essential lighting equipment
- 10 of my favorite and most use lighting techniques
Will be going over use of strobes (both studio and speedlites) as well as available light and continuous light shooting. We will also be going over strategies for handling mix lighting situations
I want you to walkway from this with renewed confidence and knowledge of lighting and apply those to your own shooting so that you create better images. Using the tips and techniques from my system, lighting will become almost second nature to you.
Blue RiverDream (http://www.modelmayhem.com/225550
) will be the model for this workshop
Please join me on May 5 at 12 PM at my studio in Old Town, Alexandria, Virginia for this workshop look forward to seeing you guys there!
Wanna get my work in your portfolio?
I am very selective
with trade work. Feel free to ask but trade is not a possibility and you would like to shoot here my very affordable rates for portfolio building:
Portfolio Session Fee ($150.00)
You will get for the shoot:
- 2 hours of unlimited photography
- up to 3 outfit changes
- online proofing for making selections
- 5 retouched images
Additional Looks (up to 1 hour of shooting)
($50.00 to session fee)
Digital Images ($25-$300)
Retouched image from the shoot delivered via Internet as web ready images.
$25 per image
$100 - 5 images
$150 - 10 images
$200 - 20 images
$300 - disc of online-gallery files
Print Images ($45.00)
Per Image (sized to print 9" x 13.5" or smaller)
- Note these rates are for non-commercial/self-promotional usage only. Please inquire about negotiating commercial usage.
- A non-refundable 100% payment is required to book the shoot date.
- Stylist can be provided at additional cost or you can make your own arrangements.
If you are interested in working with me:
1. Read my Statement of Work
2. If you are a Model, read my Shoot Agreement
(aka "Model Release"). You will be asked to sign it before we shoot. This Shoot Agreement references my Standard Terms and Conditions
document so the Shoot Agreement can be kept to a one page document, so be sure to review that as well to make sure you fully understand the terms and polices that you are agreeing to if you want to shoot with me.
Please read these documents before contacting me about shooting it will save us both from wasting time with needless back and forth if you see something that you don't like or agree with.
Please DO NOT solicit me for paid work.
If you do, I will quote you back my rates and you make my shit list for wasting my time. If you want me to consider hiring you for a shoot, have a stellar portfolio and place a casting and if I'm interested I'll contact you. Please don't create a situation where I will have to show you how much of an asshole I can be.
Current general availability is:
Monday - after 6:30pm
Tuesday - all day
Wednesday - after 7:30pm
Thursday - after 7:30pm
Friday -after 7:30pm
Saturday - all day
Sundays - all day
Unavailable dates/times are marked on my calendar linked here:
- Feel free to ask any questions if you are interested in how I did a shot or processed images. Too many of us are too selfish in not sharing and allow each of us to grow. I am more than happy to tell you how I worked an image.
- I am also available for private one-on-one meetings. $150 gets 3 hours of my time and you can pick my brain about anything.
- My "Muse Collective" list consists of Models that I desire to have a continual working relationship. These are the Models I most want to shoot and have my full endorsement because they exhibit professionalism, skill and ability. In sum, these are Models that you want to shoot and are "fee worthy."
Imagination and creativity are life gifts make this life bearable and to give us hope for what is possible. The courage to risk and commit when coupled with the discipline to follow your convictions are what yield the art we seek.
Thanks Model Mayhem for the opportunity to share some of my body of work.