iworlddesign2Photographer Male Toronto, Ontario, Canada
My Website: Sinclair PhotographyMy MM URL: http://www.modelmayhem.com/iworlddesign
Mayhem # 2569931
I am interested in working/collaborating with models who are interested in high contrast black and white art photographs of the female figure. I am an architect, father, gypsy, tin toy collector, world traveller, and photographer. A bit of a renaissance man - designer, architect, passionate about photography, the arts, ballet, dance, and painting.
I am very interested in black and white portrait and studio photography from the 30's-60's in particular the photos of Henri Cartier-Bresson, Sophie Calle, Raymond Depardon, Imogen Cunningham, and Robert Doiseau. Two of my reference books for art photographs of the female nude are " The Eternal Body" photos by Ruth Bernhard, and " This Is Who I Am" photos by Rosanne Olson. I am also very interested in the black and white fashion/portraits/nude photographs of Richard Avedon, David Bailey, Herb Ritts, and Irvin Penn from the 50's, 60's, and 70's.
I have had some success with my images, having taken part in the Artist's Project in 2014 & 2015. My photographs have been published in a few European magazines, and my photographs have been published 4 times in the last 3 years in Black & White Magazine ( see list below). I haven't posted photos on MM for a couple of years so to see my recent work, please have a look at my website.
* Dancers*, I am a huge ballet/dance fan and have been attending performance by the National Ballet for over 20 years. Some of the dance companies I like are Alvin Ailey Dance Company, Danny Grossman Dance Company, Lala human Steps, George Balanchine, Twyla Tharp, and of course the National ballet of Canada. Would love to work/photograph some dancers ( modern + ballet).
“Dance first. Think later. It's the natural order.”
― Samuel Beckett
“You don't make a photograph just with a camera. You bring to the act of photography all the pictures you have seen, the books you have read, the music you have heard, the people you have loved.”
― Ansel Adams
“The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the caring that she lovingly gives, the passion that she shows & the beauty of a woman only grows with passing years.”
― Audrey Hepburn
“The body is meant to be seen, not all covered up.”
― Marilyn Monroe
WOMEN “The body is meant to be seen, not all covered up.” - Marilyn Monroe
Artistic nudes, photographs by Malcolm Lobban
Ben Navaee Gallery, 1107 Queen St. East, Toronto
Monday, April 23rd to Sunday, April 29th, 2012
**BLACK & WHITE Magazine
- Portfolio Contest Awards, Issue 98 August 2013, Award of Merit, Pages 140 & 141
- Single Image Contest Awards, Issue 101 February 2014, Page 62
- Single Image Contest Awards, Issue 107 February 2015, People's Choice, Page 79
- Portfolio Contest Awards, Issue 110 August 2015, Pages 172 & 173