Whiplash StudiosPhotographer Male Dallas, Texas, US
Mayhem # 364975
HELLO!!! and thanks for stopping by to my little corner of the world wide web!
So 2016 is coming to a close and I have finally returning to shooting this year after a layoff for a few years. I'm looking forward to going thru a whole host of ideas I have and would love to get my "retirement bucket list" over the next few year before setting aside this side of my creative photography. What side is that you ask? Well Whiplash is meant to primarily be damsel in distress themed shoots. "Holy Scooby Doo, does this guy mean bondage?" Yes Sarah Jane, I indeed do mean being tied up, but if you're not someone who's done this kinda work before and you've got this BDSM imagery running thru your head, I'd ask you to slow down for a second and take a look at my port- that imagery is not me. I'm trying to be silly and fun. I strive for more damsel in distress shots: Daphne and Velma from old Scooby Doo cartoons, Penelope Pittstop, 40's and 50's pulp fiction and detective magazines, film noir damsels and of course my name sake, Snidely Whiplash from the Dudley Doo-Right Cartoons. I wanna tell a story, I want the photo to look neat, and I want to be a little silly, because let's be honest, tying someone up and taking their picture is kinda silly. That is what I shoot though and why I'm here and if that's not your cup of tea or something you think you might like to try, you might want to skip along to something else, no offense taken here.
(And mind you I mean no ill will or disrespect to anyone in BDSM community or lifestyle from my above comments, I'm a big believer in to each their own and more power to ya brothers and sisters, do your thang)
So let's delve into the about me section and let me tell you some quick things about shooting with me (if you want to know more details than this, just message me):
1. I want the models I work with to be as comfortable as possible. Yes, you're tied up, but my main focus is for the shoot to be a pleasant experience as much as possible. Comfort, safety: those are the two top things when I shoot.
2. I don't do nudes. It's just not my cup of tea. The most I'll ask you take off during a shoot would be your shoes or some jewelry. No "well since you're here, it'd look better without your shirt on..." Doesn't happen here. If I want to see a nekkid lady, the internet is a button away. Again back to point one, we only shoot what you're comfortable with.
3. This is just for me goofing around. Call it a private collection if you want, but these photos are going to be posted here and maybe if I ever get around to a Deviant Art site, there, but that's it. No website, no paysite, not sold to somewhere else. If they wind up somewhere else, it's because I gave them to you and you put them up We don't even have to do a release.
4. I don't have a studio right now, so anything I shoot is outdoors or in a hotel room.
5. I'm always open for ideas. I know what I want to do, but I love to hear ideas from people. If you've got a damsel in distress idea, run it by me. I don't judge!
6. I do TF and I do also hire models from time to time. It just depends on your rates, what I'm looking for, what you're looking for. It's all negotiable. And I'll give you copies of the finished shots once I'm done editing for you to do what you wish with if you want them. Just let me know.
7. While located in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, I do travel within the state from time to time and occasional outside it's borders, so don't be afraid to drop me a friend request or say hi and if our paths cross one day, maybe we can shoot!
8. Oh yeah, I'm not here to hit on you or try and date anyone either. Just get that out of the way, I'm happy to make new friends, not looking for any kind of hook up or romantic relationship.
9. Traveling models I do love you guys, please see note below.
10. Finally, if you want to meet before a shoot to discuss it and just meet face to face I'm fine with that. It can sometimes make it a little easier when we shoot having actually met in person before hand. Again, I'm all about your comfort level
So that's it, that's me getting back into photographing thru Whiplash Studios. I'm probably going to put some postings up soon for some ideas, hopefully if you're reading this I've already started shooting. If there are no ideas posted below please check back, I'm going to post a lot of my ideas here in the description and if one tickles your fancy, drop me a line or tag my page. Whether your a first timer wanting to dip your toe into damsel in distress style photos or a seasoned model who wants to add something new, give me a shout. I'm here to take some silly photos and laugh a bit while we do it. Thanks for stopping by!
This IS the best place to contact me, I do not have any other social media for these photos.
Some ideas I want to try later this year:
(Damsel means model here )
Country road, damsel tied to a speed limit sign (maybe not in August though).
Halloween costumes- got an awesome costume? Wanna be tied up in it?
I literally want to shoot a set with someone as Daphne from Scooby Doo.
Classic damsel in distress style magazine cover, to get my feet wet again.
In the Rain. I know this will be tricky but if you want to discuss this one, drop me a line.
Damsel with lots of tattoos and a tree.
Same model in different outfits and various different stages of being bound photo
shopped into one picture.
More ideas to come!
**Oh and Traveling models! Just a quick FYI. Yes, I do sometimes hire models and yes, if you're coming thru my part of town it is possible we could shoot, just know that I work off a budget and my schedule doesn't allow for free time most week days until after 6. So do feel free to inquire with me but please don't be offended if my budget doesn't match your rates and our schedules don't match up as most of my shoots I try to set up a good ways out and I know sometimes travel notices can be kinda last minute. I'll do my best to respond to all inquires, but I know your inbox might get flooded with "thanks but I don't have time" or what ever, so I may just leave you a photo comment rather than reply with I don't have an openings. Want to be courteous of the ol inbox! - thanks!**
Have you worked with Whiplash Studios? Add Credits for Whiplash Studios! >>
"Absolute gentalman and had a blast at his shoot! He makes you feel very comfortable and only shoots what you are comfortable with. One of the nicest photographers ive worked with!"
"Whiplash Studios is da' bomb! This photographer is easy to work with and an absolute blast to shoot with. I highly recommend this gentleman. :)"
Here are the models I have been fortunate to work with over the years and I can honestly say there's not a one of them I wouldn't highly recommend. You can count yourself lucky to add any of their MM# to your worked with list. Love ya ladies.
(* denotes worked with this model more than once):
Poison Ivey (MM#418197)*
Angela Ryan (MM#368)*
Cloe D (MM#326435)
Emily Addison (MM#240590)
Marvel Girl (MM#178524)
Vivian Ireene Pierce(MM#17473)
Courtney Crave (MM#371423)
Rachael Sin (MM#413505)
Lorelei Lee (MM#810753)*
Pinup Pixie (MM#840809)
Charity Royanne (MM#833547)
Keri Houchin (MM#1259072)
Hellkitten CherryAtomic (MM#1151219)*
Katie Strain (MM#1321369)
Willa Wisp (MM#2225418)
Isys Trinity (MM#2127192)
Jordan Bunniie (MM#2260849)
Noel VanBrocklin (MM#3544002)
Official Tiffany Hannah (MM#890404)