Please note that I am—and have been for a couple of years—generally inactive on ModelMayhem. I am considering doing photography again on the side, but it would be infrequent at best.
I spent about 8 months as a part-time professional photographer (meaning about half of my livelihood came from photography). I mostly worked in commercial, architectural, and concert photography, but I also did a handful of portrait sittings, headshots, and model portfolio comp cards.
Currently, I am most interested in the following:
- Local Fashion/Editorial (fashion shoots around SF, specifically highlighting local fashion and local landmarks)
- Alternative Pinup (similar in style to what can be found on Zivity, Suicide Girls, etc, but not necessarily "Alt. Porn" though that's acceptable, too)
- Artistic Projects (very open to interpretation here; these could even be model-less shoots, just focused on some sort of artistic endeavor)
- Concert / Band (preferably concerts/shows, not posed band photography)
- Film Photography (I've got six film cameras ranging from toy cameras to a professional SLR; I'd be interested in getting back into non-digital photography for the right project)
- iPhoneography (I'm interested in doing experimental photo shoots using the iPhone and various accessories. I blame my friends that work at Instagram.)
I shoot primarily with my Canon 50D, which is a semi-professional camera, but for most purposes, this should be satisfactory. I do have access to a Canon 1D Mark IV when necessary. My primary film camera is a Minolta Maxxum/Dynax 7, but I occasionally shoot with specialty cameras as well including various Polaroids.
You can contact me best via Twitter (@mko), Facebook (http://fb.me/mowens
), or Email (via my website) if you are interested in doing a shoot.